[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 12/13/23 @ 9PM] Knicks at Jazz
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/14/2023  10:13 AM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I’m a bit down on IQ - can’t stand how many open guys he’s missing with his head down and all the bull-crap he does with the ball.

There were probably 3 times tonight against the zone where he had Grimes wide open against the zone with a simple/quick swing pass and he either completely ignored or missed Grimes.

Grimes getting in nice rhythm last 2 games and tonight I think his 1st shot might have been in 2nd half. Sure he could be more aggressive but against a zone find your best knock down 3 point shooter sometimes and give him a chance

Same. And one of the 2 reasons the ball doesn't move with the Knicks, Brunson is the other from a PG perspective. Both those guys gotta find a better balance.

Damn Grimes was a -27 in limited minutes last night - IQ a -13.

Notice Hart was 0-5 with 0 points in 29 minutes.

When I watch IQ I wonder if Hart was bitching about playing with IQ and how much he holds the ball.

The more I think about this I’m down for moving IQ for right wing, giving Deuce some more minutes and Hart more on ball time but Deuce part probably won’t happen.

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend

12/14/2023  10:16 AM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I’m a bit down on IQ - can’t stand how many open guys he’s missing with his head down and all the bull-crap he does with the ball.

There were probably 3 times tonight against the zone where he had Grimes wide open against the zone with a simple/quick swing pass and he either completely ignored or missed Grimes.

Grimes getting in nice rhythm last 2 games and tonight I think his 1st shot might have been in 2nd half. Sure he could be more aggressive but against a zone find your best knock down 3 point shooter sometimes and give him a chance

Same. And one of the 2 reasons the ball doesn't move with the Knicks, Brunson is the other from a PG perspective. Both those guys gotta find a better balance.

Brunson is more difficult because he is our go-to scorer down the stretch and he probably passes as much if not more vs most big time scoring guards. There are times I agree too much dribbling and shot searching but it feels better with Brunson for me personally but I think he is dinged up / not moving well.

LivingLegend

12/14/2023  10:22 AM
Just realized Brunson/RJ/Hart/Grimes 0-20 from 3.
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
12/14/2023  10:38 AM
Disappointing loss. We've hit a slump defensively which happens every long season. We're just not playing our 'A' game at the end and teams are killing us from three. We still had two really good shots to tie this game and Hart and Brunson just missed them. Brunson has also hit a bit of a slump for him. Finished with 23 but it was a quiet 23 and got cooked defensively by Sexton a couple of times and missed FT's and turned the ball over too much. But he'll be fine.

RJ was awful. I thought he was getting back into a groove but he was just awful last night. Couldn't buy a basket (0/7 from three, 3/16 overall) and was too lethargic in his defensive effort. Randle was a monster once again. Started out hot in the first and I thought he was on his way to a 40 point game. We really missed Rob. I don't think Kessler and the Jazz grabs those 15 offensive rebounds with Rob in there.

I think we'll be fine. Thibs will fix it. It's one of those in season slumps that happens. But it has to start with defense. Have to find a way to get 2 of these next 4 on the road before the Bucks mini series.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

12/14/2023  10:41 AM
Disappointing loss but you get a handful of these every season. We haven't really had a bad loss yet against a bad team. There will be a few more at least.

Defense continues to slip, we are not good if we aren't controlling pace and playing good defense. Never have been under Thibs. Whenever we start playing uglier we start playing better again.

The silver lining is how poorly we shot and how poorly Brunson played, was somewhat of an anomaly. We probably win that game despite all the underperformance if Brunson has a halfway decent game which he does 9 out of 10 nights.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/14/2023  10:54 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Just realized Brunson/RJ/Hart/Grimes 0-20 from 3.

my goodness...

hard to win on the road shooting 9 for 39 from 3, and we got outrebounded which almost never happens.

we are def missing Mitch.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2023  10:59 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Brunson is more difficult because he is our go-to scorer down the stretch and he probably passes as much if not more vs most big time scoring guards. There are times I agree too much dribbling and shot searching but it feels better with Brunson for me personally but I think he is dinged up / not moving well.

It's definitely a feel thing. Those guys - as PGs - gotta know what to do within the context of the game and how the other players are doing. It's a tough ask but that should be the expectation for them and the other high usage players.

Someone hot? Get him the ball. Someone not involved that should be? Get them involved. Someone wide open with a better shot? Get them the ball.

It's not easy. Harder when no one can hit the back of the barn

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/14/2023  11:01 AM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

It's definitely a feel thing. Those guys - as PGs - gotta know what to do within the context of the game and how the other players are doing. It's a tough ask but that should be the expectation for them and the other high usage players.

Someone hot? Get him the ball. Someone not involved that should be? Get them involved. Someone wide open with a better shot? Get them the ball.

Preach!

blkexec
Member: #748
12/14/2023  12:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Do RJ and Randle share a brain? In order for one to function, the other player has to play at a diminished capacity?

Been like that for 5 years. Everybody thought a shoot first PG would increase the synergy between them two.

How long does it have to take before we say “This marriage ain’t working”.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
12/14/2023  12:32 PM
martin wrote:Ha

We apologize for not wanting him traded sooner. Every time Randle or RJ have a great game, and it equals a win, we ignore all flaws. They have a bad game, we want them traded. It should be the reverse.

We need to trade one all star for a different type of all star that actually compliments the surrounding players in that starting unit.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

12/14/2023  1:17 PM
Why would someone apologize to Randle for his slow start?
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/14/2023  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2023  1:35 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

When I watch IQ I wonder if Hart was bitching about playing with IQ and how much he holds the ball.

The more I think about this I’m down for moving IQ for right wing, giving Deuce some more minutes and Hart more on ball time but Deuce part probably won’t happen.

Thibs will eventually listen to me.
Called Grimes going to second unit a year ago.
Has not listened to my call for IQ to be our starting SG. IQ does not defer to anyone on the second unit. Does so with JB and JR on the floor. And still stays aggressive.
Would love to see Deuce,Grimes,Devo,IHart,JHart in second unit.
With some work in off season, get Grimes to play some PG.

Done.....Chip

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/14/2023  1:38 PM
All teams go as their best player.
Believe JB was/is that now.
He played badly. We lost.
And of course, having your 18+ scorer **** the bed and second unit in sleep mode did not help.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2023  2:32 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Do RJ and Randle share a brain? In order for one to function, the other player has to play at a diminished capacity?

Been like that for 5 years. Everybody thought a shoot first PG would increase the synergy between them two.

What?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend

12/14/2023  3:06 PM
EwingPSD wrote:Why would someone apologize to Randle for his slow start?

Best ? Of the day.

LivingLegend

12/14/2023  3:07 PM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:

What?

Yeah - I haven’t heard that one before either.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
12/14/2023  7:10 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Thibs will eventually listen to me.
Called Grimes going to second unit a year ago.
Has not listened to my call for IQ to be our starting SG. IQ does not defer to anyone on the second unit. Does so with JB and JR on the floor. And still stays aggressive.
Would love to see Deuce,Grimes,Devo,IHart,JHart in second unit.
With some work in off season, get Grimes to play some PG.

Done.....Chip

This 1000x

Flabbergasted that he decided to go with D. Divincenzo at the 2G who I feel would have been suited to play the backup PG.

I think Grimes would actually make a fine 1G..I just don’t believe playing with someone as ball dominate as Randle would allow him to flourish in that position.

Clean
Member: #743
12/14/2023  7:15 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

You just described my type of PG. A perfect PG for me would be pass first but can drive or hit open shots depending on how the defense tries to play him. Sadly it is looking like Hali is exactly my type of PG and we had a chances to get him but failed. Those types of PGs make everyone else around them better. The GM just has to know how to build the team around him to get the best results.

blkexec
12/15/2023  12:35 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:

What?

Yeah - I haven’t heard that one before either.

Before JB came we have a RJ and Randle marriage, which was up and down. JB (shoot first PG) came and turned us into a legit playoff team, only to mask the real problem of RJ and Randles 5 yr marriage. These guys need a real pass first PG and JB moves to SG. Play him like Iverson. Undersized 2 guard.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/15/2023  1:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/15/2023  1:16 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Disappointing loss. We've hit a slump defensively which happens every long season. We're just not playing our 'A' game at the end and teams are killing us from three. We still had two really good shots to tie this game and Hart and Brunson just missed them. Brunson has also hit a bit of a slump for him. Finished with 23 but it was a quiet 23 and got cooked defensively by Sexton a couple of times and missed FT's and turned the ball over too much. But he'll be fine.

RJ was awful. I thought he was getting back into a groove but he was just awful last night. Couldn't buy a basket (0/7 from three, 3/16 overall) and was too lethargic in his defensive effort. Randle was a monster once again. Started out hot in the first and I thought he was on his way to a 40 point game. We really missed Rob. I don't think Kessler and the Jazz grabs those 15 offensive rebounds with Rob in there.

I think we'll be fine. Thibs will fix it. It's one of those in season slumps that happens. But it has to start with defense. Have to find a way to get 2 of these next 4 on the road before the Bucks mini series.

The whole team had a **** game and they almost won. You single out RJ (-4 +/-), but of the people who sucked, he actually sucked the least at least according to the numbers. They almost won because their big two played like it and their support staff sucked (except DD).

My opinion for RJ is known, and I don't mean to sound like an apologist, but sometimes it seems people have blinders on when they single his ****ty games out when the entire team (save for Randle and Brunson) played an entire **** game. That isn't a fair way to judge.

~You can't run from who you are.~
[Game Thread 12/13/23 @ 9PM] Knicks at Jazz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy