[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Grimes, McBride, & Sims
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/12/2023  7:34 AM
Something noteworthy I thought, these 3 steps into new roles recently and are playing them well. Grimes seems like a seamless fit off the bench. McBride fills in nicely in spot minutes whenever called upon. And Sims gave his best Mitch impression last night with the offensive rebounding. These 3 were all drafted together and the front office deserves a ton of praise for getting that much out of those draft spots. They seriously maximized the draft opportunity in 2021. The problem is they haven’t really attempted to draft or develop a pick since then. This 2024 year I would like to see them refill the prospect pool a bit, because they have proven they can draft and develop. They got serious contributions from these 3 last night and filling the roster with quality talent via later picks is an accomplishment a lot of franchises struggle to do. Toronto is a one of many good examples as they just don’t have a lot of quality that came outside of the top of the draft in recent years. Front office needs to give themselves more opportunities to draft with their quality track record. These guys are all filling their roles well, and the development is there.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/12/2023  8:05 AM
Hand it to Grimes. The papers and boards start trashing him and he finds his aggression and now the shot comes back.

What is it about complaining about your role in the offense this year that's working so well?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/12/2023  8:53 AM
Fuck the papers and just hats off to coaches and Grimes. He got the touches and he hitting them.
Kid is totally spazzed out going to the rim but hopefully that improves.

That was a fun game to watch last night. Randle was at his beasting best feasting on Raptor meat and holding court in his Garden!
OG auditioning for his new team?
We trade IQ and Grimes for OG? DDV and McBride back ups and we start drafting new talent?

Raptors are a funny team. Their starting 5 on paper is good. The bench?
Masai drafts very good long silly athetes but its not aggregating thus yet. Siamkim puts up numbers but his defense is not great. But, Randle is an allstar power forward and makes him look bad. OG tried and is a solid build only two inches shorter but he can't handle Randle either.

Grimes looked solid and while he did not start, he FINISHED! He had some nice clutch baskets down the stretch.
Duece looked tentative but the defense was good and he pressured the ball. IQ might be on his way out? Was it a DNP to audition McBride either for game experience or he too for a trade? Way too many scenarios.

Knixkik
USA
12/12/2023  10:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2023  10:41 AM
Nalod wrote:Fuck the papers and just hats off to coaches and Grimes. He got the touches and he hitting them.
Kid is totally spazzed out going to the rim but hopefully that improves.

That was a fun game to watch last night. Randle was at his beasting best feasting on Raptor meat and holding court in his Garden!
OG auditioning for his new team?
We trade IQ and Grimes for OG? DDV and McBride back ups and we start drafting new talent?

Raptors are a funny team. Their starting 5 on paper is good. The bench?
Masai drafts very good long silly athetes but its not aggregating thus yet. Siamkim puts up numbers but his defense is not great. But, Randle is an allstar power forward and makes him look bad. OG tried and is a solid build only two inches shorter but he can't handle Randle either.

Grimes looked solid and while he did not start, he FINISHED! He had some nice clutch baskets down the stretch.
Duece looked tentative but the defense was good and he pressured the ball. IQ might be on his way out? Was it a DNP to audition McBride either for game experience or he too for a trade? Way too many scenarios.

There’s a common theme that Siakam would be better here than Randle. I never bought it. Classic example of fans thinking the grass is always greener. I am really curious though what happens to Siakam and Anunoby. Toronto can pay them but then what ? They are limiting with picks, depth and upside. They don’t have a longterm PG and have few shooters. Gradey Dick will develop but isn’t a trajectory-changing player. I am still unsure if I would deal Quickley for OG but I understand how it would make sense for both sides. Fournier and Quickley for OG and a filler like Porter or Young works. There’s a lot of combinations that would. But at the same time there’s that pending lawsuit and Torontos continued unwillingness to make a dramatic change to the team. And come this summer OG will be a free agent and Quickley will be a RFA and that complicates a trade significantly if both are involved. So a lot of hurdles for anything like this to happen. OG can easily leave and go to a place like Indiana or San Antonio though so Toronto has to be careful.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/12/2023  10:46 AM
Knixkik wrote:Something noteworthy I thought, these 3 steps into new roles recently and are playing them well. Grimes seems like a seamless fit off the bench. McBride fills in nicely in spot minutes whenever called upon. And Sims gave his best Mitch impression last night with the offensive rebounding. These 3 were all drafted together and the front office deserves a ton of praise for getting that much out of those draft spots. They seriously maximized the draft opportunity in 2021. The problem is they haven’t really attempted to draft or develop a pick since then. This 2024 year I would like to see them refill the prospect pool a bit, because they have proven they can draft and develop. They got serious contributions from these 3 last night and filling the roster with quality talent via later picks is an accomplishment a lot of franchises struggle to do. Toronto is a one of many good examples as they just don’t have a lot of quality that came outside of the top of the draft in recent years. Front office needs to give themselves more opportunities to draft with their quality track record. These guys are all filling their roles well, and the development is there.

Yes let’s give our home grown youngsters some love. This is a weird space for fan’s because it’s unknown. We rarely keep and develop our own picks. So it great to see them all impact nba games.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/12/2023  10:47 AM
VDesai wrote:Hand it to Grimes. The papers and boards start trashing him and he finds his aggression and now the shot comes back.

What is it about complaining about your role in the offense this year that's working so well?

The board was right to trash Grimes play, how he was used. His lack of aggressiveness, doing the little things.

Its not just about complaining about their roles, its sending a message to Thibs that too often we have 3 starters who all believe they're the number one option. Which means less touches for everyone else.

When JB, Randle, RJ, look to share the rock, good things happen. We see it in real time.

As for Grimes, he has more space to create, which he doesnt have as a starter.

Ive seen enough of our big three to know that one of them has to go.

Knixkik
USA
12/12/2023  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2023  11:37 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
VDesai wrote:Hand it to Grimes. The papers and boards start trashing him and he finds his aggression and now the shot comes back.

The board was right to trash Grimes play, how he was used. His lack of aggressiveness, doing the little things.

Its not just about complaining about their roles, its sending a message to Thibs that too often we have 3 starters who all believe they're the number one option. Which means less touches for everyone else.

When JB, Randle, RJ, look to share the rock, good things happen. We see it in real time.

As for Grimes, he has more space to create, which he doesnt have as a starter.

Ive seen enough of our big three to know that one of them has to go.

Grimes is a good 3&D player. One thing he isn’t good at yet is being adaptive. He obviously needs to play a certain way. That’s ok. DDV has made a huge impact as an adaptive player who can serve as a connector as much as he does 3&D. So grimes as a complimentary player alongside hart and Quickley is a good fit for him I think.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

12/12/2023  11:56 AM

This clip blew my mind. This is all at the start of the 2nd quarter. Grimes gets catches off 2 separate off ball screens, he’s gets an on ball screen so he can run PnR, and gets to bring the ball down floor an initiate offense. He won’t always be this good but he’ll be better if all his touches aren’t gifts from Randle or Brunson after they get doubled in the paint

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
12/12/2023  12:37 PM
I believe Grimes was ok to play on the bench because he knew there would be better ball movement where he wouldn't be relegated to the corner waiting for iso Randle and iso RJ. Maybe it's finally time to change how we play offensively instead of capping the other 2 players abilities since it doesn't help our team to have these limits. Maybe Grimes is capable of more instead of judging him by his ability to play the role of Steve Novak? Maybe Mitch can hit a 3 foot jumphook if we shifted things so he had to at least try. At the very least we should be able to agree that playing 4 vs 5 offensively isn't a great formula when 2 of our 3 iso guys are pretty inconsistent to begin with.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/12/2023  1:10 PM
I love that both Deuce/Sims always seemingly ready and perform their roles without drama when called upon.

Fine young men - same for Quentin but he’s been more disappointing from a passive standpoint for me….before past 2 games.

Knixkik
USA
12/12/2023  1:31 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I love that both Deuce/Sims always seemingly ready and perform their roles without drama when called upon.

Fine young men - same for Quentin but he’s been more disappointing from a passive standpoint for me….before past 2 games.

These guys were second round picks so should be low maintenance and always ready. But I agree it says a lot about them that they are always ready.

MS
Member: #724
12/13/2023  8:50 AM
All coaching.

The coach has to find a way to put the right rotations in place and get guys shots. You can’t allow isolation from three players at the detriment of Josh Hart and Q. These guys are busting their ass. Same thing with Mitch. Head down dribbling kills team chemistry.

When the ball is moving we are a very tough team.

You need to make adjustments. He did it with IHart last year, putting him in a role where his skills weren’t utilized. Obi, is Obi, but have to understand the pace that guys play.

If guys are open and Julius is spinning into traffic that hurts team moral.

Grimes cutting, getting open looks, having the ball a little more is good for everyone. Confidence is all these guys have and can’t let that go.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/13/2023  8:58 AM
MS wrote:All coaching.

The coach has to find a way to put the right rotations in place and get guys shots. You can’t allow isolation from three players at the detriment of Josh Hart and Q. These guys are busting their ass. Same thing with Mitch. Head down dribbling kills team chemistry.

You need to make adjustments. He did it with IHart last year, putting him in a role where his skills weren’t utilized. Obi, is Obi, but have to understand the pace that guys play.

Grimes cutting, getting open looks, having the ball a little more is good for everyone. Confidence is all these guys have and can’t let that go.

This is why, in my heart of [coal shaped and colored] hearts, I do think one of RJ/Randle will be moved. Brunson aint going anywhere. Either those guys gotta change or one will be moved.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
12/13/2023  10:59 AM
martin wrote:

This is why, in my heart of [coal shaped and colored] hearts, I do think one of RJ/Randle will be moved. Brunson aint going anywhere. Either those guys gotta change or one will be moved.

Who comes in and do they also move the ball?
We all want the ball to move, right?
Knicks are doing better but its not enough.
Can we win without more ball movement? If so, what is our ceiling?
With RJ or Randle going out, we need doing the Star thing, right? "For us to move to next tier, we need a star!!!"........
Can't argue with that!
Only logic gets in the way of that, right?
I want a star? Who argues with wanting a star? I wanted to do lines of coke on supermodels thigh and bang them 3 at a time. Why didn't I? I did not have the assets or if I did I'd have none left.
Ok, thats silly.

Since we are being non sensicle, Lets talk about Tanking? Not a tank draft right? Detroit and SAS are awful. Detroit is full of yoot and Lets pretend IQ can help either.
Bojan is the prize for us but they need some wins and IQ might be what they need. Next to cade, its not a bad fit. I do IQ and Evan for Bojan and Ivey. Ivey spends the rest of eternity with Johnny Bryant. Since we need to justify our trades, I give back their second round pick.
I also talk with SAS who might also want IQ.

I don't have my star?
Not yet. Ivey has the opportunity to be one. I still have Grimes, Mitch, and some 1sts to move.
Disregard any of the above if we move for Donovan Mitchell. Nice name, does he add to defense and ball movement?
Love mitch and his contract. Thought he could be a big trade chip. Thought he'd fit in Nola to help Zion and naturally any of those great "He from Louisiana" things we love to do. Like "he a CAA client" or Rj to toronto because "he Canadian". This before Mitch got hurt, but any basis for this other than playing pretend?
https://basketnews.com/news-191209-pelicans-open-to-trading-jonas-valanciunas-for-defensive-upgrades.html#:~:text=Jonas%20Valan%C4%8Di%C5%ABnas&text=Valanciunas%20signed%20a%20two%2Dyear,a%20base%20salary%20of%20%2415%2C435%2C000.
I also want one of their wings. For that, I'll sweeten the pot some how. No need for OG then.
But where does this wing play? RJ to the 2? Im still bringing in Bojan?
Valaciunas is a free agent this year. Mitch is on a great deal. This might really help them and they should pay nice for it.

Ok, I have to stop here. Why? its a lot to figure when you actually have to account for money and minutes in being a responsible participant in the UK.
At the end of the day What I might do is sell for prospects and Picks and but not massively. We are in a huge middle class in the age of parity and Im not confident we can bust out in our timeline. I not against trading RJ, but I need to know whats coming back. Same for Randle. I don't see us getting a star that takes us to the top tier. I like our team and ok riding it out the rest of the season.

martin
USA
12/13/2023  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/13/2023  11:15 AM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

With RJ or Randle going out, we need doing the Star thing, right? "For us to move to next tier, we need a star!!!"........
Can't argue with that!
I want a star? Who argues with wanting a star? I wanted to do lines of coke on supermodels thigh and bang them 3 at a time. Why didn't I? I did not have the assets or if I did I'd have none left.
Ok, thats silly.

Since we are being non sensicle, Lets talk about Tanking? Not a tank draft right? Detroit and SAS are awful. Detroit is full of yoot and Lets pretend IQ can help either.
Bojan is the prize for us but they need some wins and IQ might be what they need. Next to cade, its not a bad fit. I do IQ and Evan for Bojan and Ivey. Ivey spends the rest of eternity with Johnny Bryant. Since we need to justify our trades, I give back their second round pick.

I don't have my star?
Not yet. Ivey has the opportunity to be one. I still have Grimes, Mitch, and some 1sts to move.
Disregard any of the above if we move for Donovan Mitchell. Nice name, does he add to defense and ball movement?
Love mitch and his contract. Thought he could be a big trade chip. Thought he'd fit in Nola to help Zion and naturally any of those great "He from Louisiana" things we love to do. Like "he a CAA client" or Rj to toronto because "he Canadian". This before Mitch got hurt, but any basis for this other than playing pretend?
https://basketnews.com/news-191209-pelicans-open-to-trading-jonas-valanciunas-for-defensive-upgrades.html#:~:text=Jonas%20Valan%C4%8Di%C5%ABnas&text=Valanciunas%20signed%20a%20two%2Dyear,a%20base%20salary%20of%20%2415%2C435%2C000.
I also want one of their wings. For that, I'll sweeten the pot some how. No need for OG then.
Valaciunas is a free agent this year. Mitch is on a great deal. This might really help them and they should pay nice for it.

Ok, I have to stop here. Why? its a lot to figure when you actually have to account for money and minutes in being a responsible participant in the UK.
At the end of the day What I might do is sell for prospects and Picks and but not massively. We are in a huge middle class in the age of parity and Im not confident we can bust out in our timeline. I not against trading RJ, but I need to know whats coming back. Same for Randle. I don't see us getting a star that takes us to the top tier. I like our team and ok riding it out the rest of the season.

I am not talking about this year, I am talking about... in general.

I am not making an eye-popping statement at all, it's pretty bland. Knicks talent level aint where it needs to be to get to next level. Like, duh, right?

Either guys gotta step up - and is there a step to make for those players - or they will need to be upgraded.

Just statement of fact without the plan to do it.

Clean
Member: #743
12/13/2023  11:18 AM
jskinny35 wrote:I believe Grimes was ok to play on the bench because he knew there would be better ball movement where he wouldn't be relegated to the corner waiting for iso Randle and iso RJ. Maybe it's finally time to change how we play offensively instead of capping the other 2 players abilities since it doesn't help our team to have these limits. Maybe Grimes is capable of more instead of judging him by his ability to play the role of Steve Novak? Maybe Mitch can hit a 3 foot jumphook if we shifted things so he had to at least try. At the very least we should be able to agree that playing 4 vs 5 offensively isn't a great formula when 2 of our 3 iso guys are pretty inconsistent to begin with.

Bro, you are speaking from my heart. I hard agree with everything except maybe the Mitch thing which is a soft agree that I would have to explain more thoroughly but I am too lazy to do it.

Clean
Member: #743
12/13/2023  11:19 AM
martin wrote:

We disagree on a lot of things but we agree on this.

martin
USA
12/13/2023  11:24 AM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:

We disagree on a lot of things but we agree on this.

The coal part or the Randle/RJ part?

blkexec
Member: #748
12/13/2023  1:11 PM
martin wrote:

Welcome to the “one and of these guys have to go” train.

We are forcing a marriage instead of pairing players that complement each other. From day 1 til today I don’t see how they help each other.

Randle pass good for 1 or 2 games then he back to his default. RJ never knew how to turn his tunnel vision on and off.

Now add in a shoot first point guard and that exaggerated the problem. It’s hard to see sometimes because JB is a great player and great players hide team deficiencies, especially when they are on. Randle and RJ have been on this year, and that effort can lead us to wins.

That doesn’t change team issues, it just mask it until we hit a losing streak.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
12/13/2023  2:23 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

Can't argue with that!
Ok, thats silly.

I don't have my star?

I am not talking about this year, I am talking about... in general.

I am not making an eye-popping statement at all, it's pretty bland. Knicks talent level aint where it needs to be to get to next level. Like, duh, right?

Either guys gotta step up - and is there a step to make for those players - or they will need to be upgraded.

Just statement of fact without the plan to do it.

Sometimes you just need a shoulder to lean on.
Or whine and not respond. I get it.

Grimes, McBride, & Sims

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy