[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks and the upcoming trade market...
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/14/2023  12:06 PM
Keldon Johnson reportedly on the market. How would you guys feel about a straight up swap for IQ.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/14/2023  4:56 PM
FO can't wait. This is the year they have to do their best because unless they are drafting in the lottery, we're going to be mediocre for a long time. Good enough to stay out of top lottery, but not good enough to do anything in the play offs.

I guess that is ok given where this franchise was for 20 years of Dolan's breath on operations.

We need a move the needle. I used to think Bogdanovic would be enough.

I would call Toronto and see what it takes to get Pascal Siakam. I don't love him, but maybe a change of scenery will give him a boost and allow him to impact the game for us.

We need height. We need athleticism.

I don't want to give RJ up, but dude has come crashing back down to his frustrating performance levels after the migraine.

I'd send out any combo of the following: RJ, IQ, Grimes, Fournier & Draft Picks.

Maybe we can get both Pascal and another player (OG?).

Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
12/14/2023  6:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Keldon Johnson reportedly on the market. How would you guys feel about a straight up swap for IQ.

Might as well keep RJ Barrett. Same player

There doesn’t seem to be much out there, unfortunately. I think a small move like Matisse Thybulle would improve the SF position. He doesn’t get to the basket like Barrett, but he is a MUCH better defender and his outside shooting has improved this year.

Another *cheap* option is C. Kisper. I don’t know how he looks defensively but he moves the ball well and shoots at a decent clip from outside.

Don’t know if either of these guys are available but I suspect they would come fairly cheap and if it doesn’t work out, the Knicks could move on from them easily.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
12/15/2023  12:01 AM
Trades or not - nothing significant will happen until we part with either Randle or RJ. We need to either shift the offensive style or replace Randle and/or RJ with more consistent/efficient players (if we keep the same system).
BigDaddyG

12/15/2023  12:21 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Keldon Johnson reportedly on the market. How would you guys feel about a straight up swap for IQ.

Might as well keep RJ Barrett. Same player

There doesn’t seem to be much out there, unfortunately. I think a small move like Matisse Thybulle would improve the SF position. He doesn’t get to the basket like Barrett, but he is a MUCH better defender and his outside shooting has improved this year.

Another *cheap* option is C. Kisper. I don’t know how he looks defensively but he moves the ball well and shoots at a decent clip from outside.

Don’t know if either of these guys are available but I suspect they would come fairly cheap and if it doesn’t work out, the Knicks could move on from them easily.

I don't see Corey as being better than Fournier. Thibs probably wouldn't play him because he's weak defensively. As for his availability, your guess is good as mine. That entire franchise is in flux, literally and figuratively.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
12/15/2023  8:23 AM
jskinny35 wrote:Trades or not - nothing significant will happen until we part with either Randle or RJ. We need to either shift the offensive style or replace Randle and/or RJ with more consistent/efficient players (if we keep the same system).

It’s been a 5 yr marriage. If this team is built on this marriage we will stay the same (mid).

If we trying to go further, it’s time. We already have JB the closer looking like a franchise player. And at time RJ and Randle also looks like corner stone pieces. To me that’s the best time to sell high. RJ would look like a star in a different system for example.

But I agree, something has to change.

Do knick fans still have hope in our big 3. In Thibs system? It’s really the big 4 if u include Thibs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2023  8:29 AM
blkexec wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Trades or not - nothing significant will happen until we part with either Randle or RJ. We need to either shift the offensive style or replace Randle and/or RJ with more consistent/efficient players (if we keep the same system).

It’s been a 5 yr marriage. If this team is built on this marriage we will stay the same (mid).

If we trying to go further, it’s time. We already have JB the closer looking like a franchise player. And at time RJ and Randle also looks like corner stone pieces. To me that’s the best time to sell high. RJ would look like a star in a different system for example.

But I agree, something has to change.

Do knick fans still have hope in our big 3. In Thibs system? It’s really the big 4 if u include Thibs.

Its a good question I just discussed in the “But” thread. In the starphuch of it all I don’t see DM as a great fit with Brunson despite the talent upgrade. Im looking for 1+1=3. Im often wrong so its far from definitive! LOL
I root for my guys and rare to call for an ouster as they “family”.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

12/15/2023  8:29 AM
I'm all in with Hofstra on starting IQ. He still has a lot of untapped potential and is legitimately the 3rd best guy on the roster. If Knicks don't give him bigger minutes, he will be a target in free agency. Especially with Mitchell Robinson out, the Knicks need a spark. IQ has been in a funk all season and now is the time to unleash him.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/15/2023  9:47 AM
Looking at good players on bad teams, I wonder if the knicks would target Deni Avdija. Good young player with a rep for being an excellent on-ball defender. He typically guards the best opposing player. He’s also 6’9 and is a combo forward. Something like Grimes, Fournier and give Washington their pick back for Avdija and Gallinari could make sense.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/15/2023  9:56 AM

I kind of expect IQ to sign with the Spurs so if we can get KJ for him, I'd have to highly consider it. But...where does he play?

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/15/2023  10:36 AM
Knicks just need to wait out the DM situation, I just don't see him finishing his career in CLE, I think he wants NY and we want him.
Knixkik
USA
12/15/2023  11:38 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Knicks just need to wait out the DM situation, I just don't see him finishing his career in CLE, I think he wants NY and we want him.

In with you. The DM situation remains our best bet. The concern will be who jumps at the opportunity if he’s made available. Even if it’s well-known that he wants NY, Brooklyn will make a strong bid. Knicks will need guys like Brunson and Hart, who are known to be friends with him, along with CAA, to make sure it’s NY and only NY.

BigDaddyG

12/15/2023  12:34 PM
SergioNYK wrote:

I kind of expect IQ to sign with the Spurs so if we can get KJ for him, I'd have to highly consider it. But...where does he play?

I'm guessing RJ would move down to the 2 in this scenario. I see Keldon as 3,4 who could maybe spot some time at two.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/15/2023  1:29 PM
Is there a reason Grimes and DDV have started over IQ? Size for one thing? What would a Brunson/Mitchell backcourt give us? More scoring for sure but....
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/15/2023  1:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

I'm guessing RJ would move down to the 2 in this scenario. I see Keldon as 3,4 who could maybe spot some time at two.

If he can grow 3" I'm in. Is there an award for who can roster the most tweeners at season's end?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/15/2023  3:34 PM
😉

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/15/2023  3:48 PM
IQ and RJ would be great pieces for CLE.
Clean
Member: #743
12/15/2023  4:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/15/2023  4:31 PM
I am all for trading for Mitchell as long as the package leaves enough assets left over for another star trade. Defense will also be a huge problem until Randle is moved. can't have minus defenders at 3 of the 5 starting spots. With a Brunson/Mitchell backcourt every other starting slot must be good defenders.
BigDaddyG

12/15/2023  5:54 PM
Clean wrote:I am all for trading for Mitchell as long as the package leaves enough assets left over for another star trade. Defense will also be a huge problem until Randle is moved. can't have minus defenders at 3 of the 5 starting spots. With a Brunson/Mitchell backcourt every other starting slot must be good defenders.

Could the Nets swing in? Depends on how high you are on Cam Thomas versus IQ, I guess. But, given the team's impending cap situation, I'm still not convinced that Spida is the right price to go after. We saw the issues a mini backcourt cause in the Clev series last year. Don't see those issues improving here.

Knixkik
USA
12/15/2023  8:48 PM
martin wrote:😉

You know this is what the Knicks are waiting on. They want to build around Brunson, Mitchell and Randle as a big 3 with Hart, Robinson, DDV etc as a supporting cast and see how close they are. It would likely be Barrett and either Quickley signed and traded or Grimes, plus all of the picks required. They should be able to still fill the roster from there.

Knicks and the upcoming trade market...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy