[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2 year plan: OG, Mikal Bridges in with Grimes, IQ, RJ and picks going out. We shall call this the Detroit 2.0 plan (codename: WildCats)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/4/2023  10:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2023  10:48 AM
This year, focus on getting OG in for an IQ/picks swap. This coming draft year the Knicks have 2 first round picks (their own and Dallas) and most likely the 31st (Detroit) and high 30s picks (Utah). This move obviously has to be forced by OG and his CAA reps. Mystery lawsuit DROPPED! Knicks send the rest of their videos and 1 year subscription to Knicks City Dancers OnlyFans account.

During 2024-25 season, Mikal will be in his second to last year. ($24M 2024, $25M for 2025). Donovan Mitchell will be in his walk hear at end of 2024-25 season and start the second forced trade scenario.

Donovan goes to Brooklyn, Mikal to Knicks, Grimes/RJ to Cavs in a trade that is more fleshed out and actually works salary-wise. Wild wild trade. Picks flying everywhere except to NY.

Mitch, Randle, OG, Mikal, Brunson. DDV, Hart, ???, iHart, McBride. Detroit 2.0 with a side of WildCats. Thibs really gets into a lather.

Rip me a new one

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/4/2023  11:47 AM
martin wrote:This year, focus on getting OG in for an IQ/picks swap. This coming draft year the Knicks have 2 first round picks (their own and Dallas) and most likely the 31st (Detroit) and high 30s picks (Utah). This move obviously has to be forced by OG and his CAA reps. Mystery lawsuit DROPPED! Knicks send the rest of their videos and 1 year subscription to Knicks City Dancers OnlyFans account.

During 2024-25 season, Mikal will be in his second to last year. ($24M 2024, $25M for 2025). Donovan Mitchell will be in his walk hear at end of 2024-25 season and start the second forced trade scenario.

Donovan goes to Brooklyn, Mikal to Knicks, Grimes/RJ to Cavs in a trade that is more fleshed out and actually works salary-wise. Wild wild trade. Picks flying everywhere except to NY.

Mitch, Randle, OG, Mikal, Brunson. DDV, Hart, ???, iHart, McBride. Detroit 2.0 with a side of WildCats. Thibs really gets into a lather.

Rip me a new one

How about we leave the analysis to the experts.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/4/2023  11:57 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:This year, focus on getting OG in for an IQ/picks swap. This coming draft year the Knicks have 2 first round picks (their own and Dallas) and most likely the 31st (Detroit) and high 30s picks (Utah). This move obviously has to be forced by OG and his CAA reps. Mystery lawsuit DROPPED! Knicks send the rest of their videos and 1 year subscription to Knicks City Dancers OnlyFans account.

Rip me a new one

Ohhh! That is harsh. On multiple levels.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/4/2023  12:01 PM

Rip me a new one

If we assume all these players are available and obtainable —— I would just focus on Bridges (not OG) with the intent on keeping IQ & Grimes.
I guess it would be RJ and a bunch of draft capital.

If you get Mikal in starting / ending unit — you have enough scoring and just let Grimes/DD start at 2 with Mikal at the 3.

In terms of closing you would have Mitch/Jules/Mikal/Brunson and whomever of IQ/Grimes/DD/J-Hart as 5th wheel.

All that said it would probably take a minimum of RJ/IQ to target Mikal package. I think OG is redundant with Mikal especially if we could hold onto other capable defenders like IQ/Grimes/DD/JHart

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

12/4/2023  12:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Rip me a new one

For a guy who was a legit college/nba player Wally is such an empty suit of analysis- crap even Hahn puts him to shame.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/4/2023  2:07 PM

Rip me a new one

Why not ? I like the general thoughts. It’s a shame I see Toronto and Bk being maybe the 2 least likely teams to deal with us under any circumstance. I want to keep Quickley though. I’d be content staying as is until Bridges becomes even a remote possibility and offering Barrett, Grimes and whatever picks.

Mitch, Randle, Bridges, DDV, Brunson
Quickley, Hart, Ihart, 2024 pick (Reed Sheppard or Ryan Dunn)

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/4/2023  4:27 PM
I don't see why a team should give up assets for guys that have not made a difference on other, better rostered teams??

OG has had some real good players next to him in the last couple of years. The result, nada to show for it.
Bridges is good but why give up guys that would probably be just as good if given the amount of minutes and green light Bridges currently has?

I want Knicks to stay the course. Raign IQ and add pieces in FA.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
12/4/2023  4:49 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:I don't see why a team should give up assets for guys that have not made a difference on other, better rostered teams??

OG has had some real good players next to him in the last couple of years. The result, nada to show for it.
Bridges is good but why give up guys that would probably be just as good if given the amount of minutes and green light Bridges currently has?

I think there is a gamble necessary to acquire talent. If not forced to trade a player (See Durant, Kevin), there is not a lot of windows of opportunity to bring in talented players. And that window is closed without cap space. When forced to trade talent (See Mitchell, Donovan), teams want to take back that gamble if they can't get equal value on its face.

OG's health history are certainly a concern, but the guy has DPOY votes every year. His size and athleticism would give the Knicks the lengthy perimeter defender they really could use. Mikal is another lengthy guy, but I think his price is also higher. Putting those two guys on the wings would lock down 90% of the teams in this league.

There is no need to force anything. So, no rush. But our picks aren't that valuable either. I'd move Fournier, Grimes and our two 2024 picks in a nano-second for OG. Wouldn't think twice. IQ? I dunno. I'd probably keep IQ.

This is the Randle.
Knixkik
USA
12/4/2023  5:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2023  5:37 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:I don't see why a team should give up assets for guys that have not made a difference on other, better rostered teams??

What makes you think one of our guys would automatically be as good as mikal bridges if they get the minutes and green light ? It’s not that simple. Bridges is really good. Top 40 guy in the league. Not everyone can be as good as him with more minutes and shots.

I agree with staying the course, but I think swapping out Barrett and grimes for Bridges would be sort of the next phase in that course.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

12/4/2023  7:51 PM

Rip me a new one

martin, you've been hacked! Way too much optimism in this post.

I have noticed on both a personal and group level a much healthier mental outlook as compared to when I joined. For most of our adult lives, there was very little to be optimistic about regarding this team. I'm guessing everyone else was also expecting a blow out loss in Toronto following that shaky Detroit win. Instead, Hart and DDV stepped up and thoroughly dismantled the Raptors in the second.

martin, you hit the nail on the head- 4 absolutely solid draft picks in the upcoming draft! Maybe Knicks will get to start playing the embarrassment of riches game to crapped out teams of trading current picks for higher future ones.

sky is the limit regarding the trade machine!

Knixkik
USA
12/4/2023  8:37 PM
Discussing all of these possibilities is what makes it fun to me. But in the end I’m ok continuing to build with this group and focusing on adding some youth to the team with a couple of draft picks. It’s been too many years since the Knicks added talent in the draft. I understand it’s not where this team is at in the process in terms of developing young talent but they still need it in the pipeline. I know this isn’t directly in response to the original thread (I already did that) but I just wanted to add this somewhere without a new thread.
2 year plan: OG, Mikal Bridges in with Grimes, IQ, RJ and picks going out. We shall call this the Detroit 2.0 plan (codename: WildCats)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy