[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 11/28/23 @ 7:30PM EST] *IN-SEASON TOURNAMENT* Knicks vs Hornets
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/29/2023  9:38 AM
Knock our round is no big deal, but here we are with Indy.
Knicks beat Miami who wanted in. They out.
Lets just enjoy it for what it is. Knicks small accomplishment but its an accomplishment.
Barkley is not wrong and neither was Kenny smith about some teams who play at faster pace can open differentials. Did Indy do that?
Personally I like it if they used it as any other tiebreaker.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2023  10:20 AM
Nalod wrote:Knock our round is no big deal, but here we are with Indy.
Lets just enjoy it for what it is. Knicks small accomplishment but its an accomplishment.
Barkley is not wrong and neither was Kenny smith about some teams who play at faster pace can open differentials. Did Indy do that?

Pacers did it the old fashion way, by winning games. 4-0 in IST games.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/29/2023  11:59 AM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/29/2023  12:07 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:We escaped the third quarter of death. They looked flat for stretches. But the team has been resilient when it comes to digging themselves out of a hole. What does concern me is that its mostly against teams missing one or more stars.

Brunson is looking more and more like an old school PG, instead of a shoot first PG.

The best news from Randle's night wasnt his numbers. For myself it was watching Jules in the third quarter. Seeing him putting all of his weight on his bad ankle when he drove to the rim, and shook his defender. It was the most mobility Ive seen from Randle since the start of the season. Hopefully its just the start.

Something else caught my attention in the 3rd. Grimes had the ball near the top of the key. He was looking around for someone to pass to. Then you can see him realize that he has the lane. But Grimes waited too long to make the move, and got stuffed.

That sequence sums up Grimes biggest hole in his game. Hesitation. He often waits too long to make the decision to drive. Thats what I hope to see Grimes work on this season. Using his next level burst to get to the rim, as soon as he catches the ball. No hesitation.

I was wondering if Brunson was intentionally not looking for his own shot in the first half.

And then seeing Randle dump the ball inside to Mitch. I almost shed a tear.

Now we just have to run some plays for Grimes.

Do think we will see this as a point of emphasis. Man, I thought Brunson would be better at the passing thing

Hope so.

martin
USA
11/29/2023  12:14 PM
This was nice!! ... but also felt like the first time those 2 guys connected on a lob

ToddTT wrote:
martin
USA
11/29/2023  12:22 PM
Good stuff, thread

martin
USA
11/29/2023  12:46 PM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/29/2023  12:51 PM
martin wrote:This was nice!! ... but also felt like the first time those 2 guys connected on a lob

ToddTT wrote:

You’re not far off. But here was another teaser of what could be…

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/29/2023  2:49 PM
ToddTT wrote:[IMG_block] https://www.si.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_638/MTY4MTkwNDQzMTA3NjU3NjI5/charlotte-hornets-honey-bees-dance-team-461917962jpg.webp [/IMG_block]

My future wife was much more exciting vs this game - GO TEAM and thanks Todd

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/29/2023  3:00 PM
martin wrote:

Is Kenny even right though? Knicks qualified on differential and they are the 2nd slowest team in the NBA on Pace. Pace would make a difference for total points, not necessarily differential. Knicks had a better differential because they did well defensively through the tourney. Knicks held opponents to 398 in 4 games. Next best was Lakers at 420.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/29/2023  4:36 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

Is Kenny even right though? Knicks qualified on differential and they are the 2nd slowest team in the NBA on Pace. Pace would make a difference for total points, not necessarily differential. Knicks had a better differential because they did well defensively through the tourney. Knicks held opponents to 398 in 4 games. Next best was Lakers at 420.

Funny, but we got Lakers, Knicks and Boston all in. Indy and Pels have not played for anything are in. This is good for the league.
Its not about "the best team", but a Tourney which is just a fun thing and generating a bit of a buzz. Not much.
Pt diff? Beating up on teams? Its kind of fun. Lebron vs. Durant in a december game is fun. Knicks lose to Bucks, Ok. If knicks win and go to vegas, thats fun stuff!
I get this thing needs "moments" to gain traction. In the end its a long season and best teams rise to the top.
This is not that, its just some fluff.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/30/2023  1:49 AM
I really liked the look Randle gave Robinson before his ill fated between the legs dribble drive went bust. I saw the same sort of look from iHart to Josh in the game before. Knicks are really starting to show some love and confidence in each other on the court. This is the kind of dynamic that leads to championship level play. Knicks can't take a game off vs a desperate Detroit team but I'm already looking ahead to a showdown with Toronto.
[Game Thread 11/28/23 @ 7:30PM EST] *IN-SEASON TOURNAMENT* Knicks vs Hornets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy