Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/25/2023  12:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2023  12:20 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Randall is great when he is going well. Bench piece, a forward who can move the ball and shoot it, who can be inserted when Randall is playing off his meds is essential.

Josh Hart is exactly that.

the issue to me is more can Randle ever be counted on to play well in the playoffs? If not he needs to be replaced period, he's not going to be benched for backups.

No Hart is not. Hart is a 2/3. Has always been to pretend he is a reliable back up 4 against good teams is a mistake.

The numbers dont support that, our defense and rebounding have been elite and we have yet to be outrebounded ANY game this year which is truly amazing.

This team is better having quickness on the perimeter defensively and guys that get at it on the boards like Hart and DDV vs someone else like Obi just because he's taller.

Not sure what issues you think a backup PF taking mins from Hart is going to fix.

Agree with NYC-GUY prototypical size Randle has cost us far more vs undersized J-Hart. Hart’s size rarely has hurt us while guy like Randle perfectly sized is often out of position, late on rotations or doesn’t care. We need smart, tough, dependable vs guys that might look the part.

Now if we could steal a J- McDaniels from Minny - I’m down.

Hart is best at the 2 or 3. Believe your eyes people... Get a good 6'7 - 6 "9" forward. Randall plays more then he needs to because we have no other size. Believe you eyes... When Hart is there at the 4 we are vulnerable against good teams. I didn't say any scrub. We have assets let's use them ideally. But at the very least get a player who can round out a five man unit who plays differently then Julius. Sure we can beat the Wizards and Hornets all day ... But we want to be able to beat the Timberwolves, Celtics, and even the Magic right ???? Be complacent if you want but I'm aiming for the team to have more versatility and effectiveness.

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/25/2023  1:41 PM
martin wrote:

He’s not a great rim protector or scorer but he’s always moving, running, crashing glass, making right rotations and see’s the floor. Far better player than I thought we were getting and teammates seem to like him.

LivingLegend

11/25/2023  1:43 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Randall is great when he is going well. Bench piece, a forward who can move the ball and shoot it, who can be inserted when Randall is playing off his meds is essential.

the issue to me is more can Randle ever be counted on to play well in the playoffs? If not he needs to be replaced period, he's not going to be benched for backups.

No Hart is not. Hart is a 2/3. Has always been to pretend he is a reliable back up 4 against good teams is a mistake.

The numbers dont support that, our defense and rebounding have been elite and we have yet to be outrebounded ANY game this year which is truly amazing.

This team is better having quickness on the perimeter defensively and guys that get at it on the boards like Hart and DDV vs someone else like Obi just because he's taller.

Not sure what issues you think a backup PF taking mins from Hart is going to fix.

Agree with NYC-GUY prototypical size Randle has cost us far more vs undersized J-Hart. Hart’s size rarely has hurt us while guy like Randle perfectly sized is often out of position, late on rotations or doesn’t care. We need smart, tough, dependable vs guys that might look the part.

Hart is best at the 2 or 3. Believe your eyes people... Get a good 6'7 - 6 "9" forward. Randall plays more then he needs to because we have no other size. Believe you eyes... When Hart is there at the 4 we are vulnerable against good teams. I didn't say any scrub. We have assets let's use them ideally. But at the very least get a player who can round out a five man unit who plays differently then Julius. Sure we can beat the Wizards and Hornets all day ... But we want to be able to beat the Timberwolves, Celtics, and even the Magic right ???? Be complacent if you want but I'm aiming for the team to have more versatility and effectiveness.

His game is a 4 but his body is a 2/3 — I agree I want a long 3/4 as well.

Alpha1971

11/25/2023  2:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2023  2:06 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

His game is a 4 but his body is a 2/3 — I agree I want a long 3/4 as well.

Love Hart want him matched up against the other teams best 2/3. We get a 4 to back up Julius to guard the opposing 4 and 3 on a switch. If the 9 man rotation is clicking then fine he doesn't play, whoever he is. But to pretend we don't need player X is ludicrous. I mean if it was because Grimes was killing it or even DDV I might agree. I'm willing to get a low level bench piece for emergency or for when Julius sucks during the game, Man Miami seems to find these type of bench pieces every season, why can't we ???

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/25/2023  5:27 PM
Missed the game but it sounds like some Knicks could use some tough love like this

The Nuggets concluded a 1-4 road trip by losing to the Rockets by 19 on Friday, prompting coach Michael Malone to promise that changes to the rotation were on the way, as relayed by The Denver Post’s Bennett Durando. “I just told them,” Malone said. “Minutes, I’m gonna start playing different people. You just can’t go out there because you think you’re gonna play, and go out there and do nothing. You’ve gotta bring something to the party.” – via Hoops Rumors
Alpha1971

11/25/2023  5:52 PM
Rookie wrote:Missed the game but it sounds like some Knicks could use some tough love like this

The Nuggets concluded a 1-4 road trip by losing to the Rockets by 19 on Friday, prompting coach Michael Malone to promise that changes to the rotation were on the way, as relayed by The Denver Post’s Bennett Durando. “I just told them,” Malone said. “Minutes, I’m gonna start playing different people. You just can’t go out there because you think you’re gonna play, and go out there and do nothing. You’ve gotta bring something to the party.” – via Hoops Rumors

Alright then, does this mean Jokic is potentially available and Leon Rose will monitor the situation ???? Just kidding ... But you can expect a blogger to say so 😁

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/25/2023  5:53 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/25/2023  7:21 PM
Looks like the Heat have a hangover after playing us.

Good grief... did we knock Orlando Robinson all the way into the G League?

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/26/2023  7:45 AM
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/26/2023  8:32 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

He’s not a great rim protector or scorer but he’s always moving, running, crashing glass, making right rotations and see’s the floor. Far better player than I thought we were getting and teammates seem to like him.

I see iHart as a better, modern version of Chris Dudley.

~You can't run from who you are.~
LivingLegend

11/26/2023  4:52 PM
joec32033 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Well I’d say much better and I remember Dudley was a really good rebounder / solid defender BUT putrid offensive player and historically bad FT shooter.

IHart just has more offensive skill - significantly more because he can play spread, make an occasional 3 but really pass the ball and he also has floater game and solid FT shooter. He’s a really good end-end and lateral mover —- just not a high flyer.

Trying to think of my compare for IHart — maybe very poor man’s Andrew Bogut

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/26/2023  11:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Well I’d say much better and I remember Dudley was a really good rebounder / solid defender BUT putrid offensive player and historically bad FT shooter.

IHart just has more offensive skill - significantly more because he can play spread, make an occasional 3 but really pass the ball and he also has floater game and solid FT shooter. He’s a really good end-end and lateral mover —- just not a high flyer.

Definately agree with most of what you said. Offensively I can see Bogut, but I think he is a better defender unless I am misremembering Bogut from the Bucks to the Warriors.

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/27/2023  12:12 PM
joec32033 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Definately agree with most of what you said. Offensively I can see Bogut, but I think he is a better defender unless I am misremembering Bogut from the Bucks to the Warriors.

I thought Bogut was pretty good defensively but I'm in the same bucket... too long ago to remember.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GameThread: Tourney game vesus Miami! 730 on MSG, ESPN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy