[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Tourney game vesus Miami! 730 on MSG, ESPN
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/25/2023  2:34 AM
Looking over the stars for the game, the Knicks lost in a lot of areas. Their big strength was points in the paint and the bench. Randle seemed really out of it for the second game in a row; just no hustle in his game at all really. Last year he seemed to really get into the matchup with Butler but this game Q Grimes matched up for most of it.

Quickly is making a strong case for a bigger role. I get the logic of him coming off the bench for reasons of balance, but he's just such an electric player you have to wonder about the benefits of him getting 25 minutes a game vs. last seasons 29. This has been a topic since his rookie year. At some point the benefits of winning now outweigh developmental minutes for Grimes. DDV seems like
a suitable replacement for IQs spark plug role.

Knicks survived bad games by 3/5 starters. Kudos to Thibs for getting a strong 4th quarter out of these guys.

AUTOADVERT
gradyandrew

11/25/2023  5:44 AM
I just rewatched the end of 3rd and 4th. I almost feel sorry for Doris that Jimmy and Jaquez couldn't get the win! It's pretty funny how effusive she especially was when the Heat were up big and silent for about 8 minutes of the 4th when the Knicks went on the big run. I would love to see a video of Mike rolling his eyes at Clyde in the other booth.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/25/2023  6:11 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Looking over the stars for the game, the Knicks lost in a lot of areas. Their big strength was points in the paint and the bench. Randle seemed really out of it for the second game in a row; just no hustle in his game at all really. Last year he seemed to really get into the matchup with Butler but this game Q Grimes matched up for most of it.

Quickly is making a strong case for a bigger role. I get the logic of him coming off the bench for reasons of balance, but he's just such an electric player you have to wonder about the benefits of him getting 25 minutes a game vs. last seasons 29. This has been a topic since his rookie year. At some point the benefits of winning now outweigh developmental minutes for Grimes. DDV seems like

Knicks survived bad games by 3/5 starters. Kudos to Thibs for getting a strong 4th quarter out of these guys.

Was the 4th quarter a future look at the Knicks if Randle is traded? I believe he came back in the 4th around 4 mins left? His ups and downs should not have so much control on wins and losses since we are deep now. Kudos to Thibs for sitting Randle longer than normal before he came back in the 4th. Otherwise we lose this game!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/25/2023  6:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2023  6:20 AM
We should have come into the season with a back up forward so we could bench Julius when Julius be in his bad ways. But it's Thanksgiving and we beat the Heat, so I am going to celebrate that. Biggest win of the season so far.
Alpha1971

11/25/2023  6:27 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I just rewatched the end of 3rd and 4th. I almost feel sorry for Doris that Jimmy and Jaquez couldn't get the win! It's pretty funny how effusive she especially was when the Heat were up big and silent for about 8 minutes of the 4th when the Knicks went on the big run. I would love to see a video of Mike rolling his eyes at Clyde in the other booth.

How could you watch it on ESPN ? During the first few minutes of the game all the crew did was talk about how great Miami has been but no one mentioned the strength of schedules for the Knicks vs the Heat so far.

gradyandrew

11/25/2023  7:51 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:I just rewatched the end of 3rd and 4th. I almost feel sorry for Doris that Jimmy and Jaquez couldn't get the win! It's pretty funny how effusive she especially was when the Heat were up big and silent for about 8 minutes of the 4th when the Knicks went on the big run. I would love to see a video of Mike rolling his eyes at Clyde in the other booth.

How could you watch it on ESPN ? During the first few minutes of the game all the crew did was talk about how great Miami has been but no one mentioned the strength of schedules for the Knicks vs the Heat so far.

I watch it on the Chinese app Tencent because I live in China. They have one English stream per game. It's not bad as I have found absence makes the heart grow fonder. I really get a kick out of Mike and Clyde. I think Mike did a good job compensating for Doris and Doc. Doc spends a fair amount of time reminding viewers of previous things he's said that have come true. For Doris it's tough. I always wonder if my dislike is rooted in some deep seated misogyny; I think there are other women whom I enjoy so I hope it's just her hagiographic style.

Alpha1971

11/25/2023  8:03 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

I watch it on the Chinese app Tencent because I live in China. They have one English stream per game. It's not bad as I have found absence makes the heart grow fonder. I really get a kick out of Mike and Clyde. I think Mike did a good job compensating for Doris and Doc. Doc spends a fair amount of time reminding viewers of previous things he's said that have come true. For Doris it's tough. I always wonder if my dislike is rooted in some deep seated misogyny; I think there are other women whom I enjoy so I hope it's just her hagiographic style.

Doris is bad. She is the Susan Waldman of Basketball.

gradyandrew

11/25/2023  8:09 AM
blkexec wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Looking over the stars for the game, the Knicks lost in a lot of areas. Their big strength was points in the paint and the bench. Randle seemed really out of it for the second game in a row; just no hustle in his game at all really. Last year he seemed to really get into the matchup with Butler but this game Q Grimes matched up for most of it.

Was the 4th quarter a future look at the Knicks if Randle is traded? I believe he came back in the 4th around 4 mins left? His ups and downs should not have so much control on wins and losses since we are deep now. Kudos to Thibs for sitting Randle longer than normal before he came back in the 4th. Otherwise we lose this game!

For all his struggles he's still close to 20/10/5 (actually 19.1/9.9/5.4). I'm still?hopeful he can turn it around. The thing that has really stood out the last two games is just a lack of hustle on his part. That seems like it could be injury related. Maybe he feels the best way to get on track is to just play through it.

Look at Anthony Davis for example. AD is beating Randle in every statistical category except points garnered from assists where Randle has a 90 point lead- enough to make up for JR's lousy shooting. I just don't see a scenario where the Knicks ever trade Julius.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/25/2023  8:51 AM
I feel more comfortable with IQ with the ball vs Randle.

Randle is going to get hot and go on a tear and we are going to win a lot of games. But ultimately i'm just not sure he's ever going to be a guy you can trust against the top defensive teams when they zero in on him. He's too easy to frustrate and throw off his game.

Long term we might be better off with a 3 & D PF and having IQ take on a bigger role on offense and play big minutes. IQ right now is scoring 16ppg in under 25mpg, that's pretty insane. He looks capable of being a 20/5/5 guy who also defends at a very high level.

Alpha1971

11/25/2023  9:11 AM
Randall is great when he is going well. Bench piece, a forward who can move the ball and shoot it, who can be inserted when Randall is playing off his meds is essential.
nycericanguy

11/25/2023  9:15 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:Randall is great when he is going well. Bench piece, a forward who can move the ball and shoot it, who can be inserted when Randall is playing off his meds is essential.

Josh Hart is exactly that.

the issue to me is more can Randle ever be counted on to play well in the playoffs? If not he needs to be replaced period, he's not going to be benched for backups.

Alpha1971

11/25/2023  9:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2023  9:36 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Randall is great when he is going well. Bench piece, a forward who can move the ball and shoot it, who can be inserted when Randall is playing off his meds is essential.

the issue to me is more can Randle ever be counted on to play well in the playoffs? If not he needs to be replaced period, he's not going to be benched for backups.

No Hart is not. Hart is a 2/3. Why pretend he is a reliable back up 4 against good teams ? Our team will get spanked against against teams like Orlando Boston, and several other teams in the playoffs or play in as constructed presently

nycericanguy

11/25/2023  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2023  9:37 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

No Hart is not. Hart is a 2/3. Has always been to pretend he is a reliable back up 4 against good teams is a mistake.

The numbers dont support that, our defense and rebounding have been elite and we have yet to be outrebounded ANY game this year which is truly amazing.

This team is better having quickness on the perimeter defensively and guys that get at it on the boards like Hart and DDV vs someone else like Obi just because he's taller.

Not sure what issues you think a backup PF taking mins from Hart is going to fix.

Alpha1971

11/25/2023  9:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2023  10:00 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

No Hart is not. Hart is a 2/3. Has always been to pretend he is a reliable back up 4 against good teams is a mistake.

The numbers dont support that, our defense and rebounding have been elite and we have yet to be outrebounded ANY game this year which is truly amazing.

This team is better having quickness on the perimeter defensively and guys that get at it on the boards like Hart and DDV vs someone else like Obi just because he's taller.

Not sure what issues you think a backup PF taking mins from Hart is going to fix.

You'll come around eventually. Your defending the present roster construction all because you rather see DDV and Grimes getting time, like they have been setting the world on fire ???? We look great again bad teams and barely beat Miami minus Tyler H. Play the better of DDV or Grimes and get a combo forward and watch the team be more versatile, effective, and dangerous against the better teams which is the point

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/25/2023  10:03 AM
Great comeback win! A rollercoaster of emotions watching it! I did not think we could win this one down 19 to start the 4th. I still don't know we won this. Miami dominated the first 38 minutes of this game. They are one of those teams that just make you play really uncomfortable and play panic basketball. That 3rd was ugly.

But kudos to this team for being resilient! This was an early season signature win against a team above our weight class and we are still alive in this tournament. That rookie Jacquez Jr. is going to be a really good player and maybe a near All-Star one day but the poor kid is going to have nightmares about Brunson the next few weeks. Poor rook got annihilated! Watching Brunson cook someone like that is so much fun!

IQ was outstanding! 20 off the bench and hit some huge threes to start that comeback in the 4th. RJ was also great! Hit a big three and that And1 over Bam was sick! Also played good D on Butler who I don't think scored a single basket in the 4th. NGL I really thought that last 3 was going to go in.

Disappointed in Rob. Got his ass handed to him by Bam again. We cannot beat the cHeat in a series if Rob get's dominated like that.

SergioNYK
USA
11/25/2023  10:05 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

MSG 10/10 for me even if Breen is on ESPN. I cannot stand Doris. He's boring and biased even though she claims to be a NYK fan. And maybe this might sound bad but I don't wanna hear someone with a grandma's voice calling a game. LOL

SergioNYK
USA
11/25/2023  10:07 AM

Randle was so bad in the 3rd. I think those turnovers and effort spear headed the cHeat's run. But I'll give him credit, he was good in the 4th. He moved the ball and rebounded and did not try to play hero ball. But he's gotta chill with the turnovers. A lot of it is the cHeat's defense but he's a vet and needs to do better. You cannot hold onto the ball and spin or jump to pass against that team.

SergioNYK
USA
11/25/2023  10:09 AM
Oh and a huge FUCK YOU to that clown Stephen A. Smith! He left in the 4th! Dolan needs to ban him idgaf he's a disgrace!!!
Alpha1971

11/25/2023  10:23 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Oh and a huge FUCK YOU to that clown Stephen A. Smith! He left in the 4th! Dolan needs to ban him idgaf he's a disgrace!!!

Not a real Knicks fan

Alpha1971

11/25/2023  10:24 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

MSG 10/10 for me even if Breen is on ESPN. I cannot stand Doris. He's boring and biased even though she claims to be a NYK fan. And maybe this might sound bad but I don't wanna hear someone with a grandma's voice calling a game. LOL

She has a man's voice, 😭😭

GameThread: Tourney game vesus Miami! 730 on MSG, ESPN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy