[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is DDV showing that Grimes is expendable?

Author Poll
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

I know its a small sample size but DDV looks like a better starter than Grimes. More in the toolbox on offense.

Enough of a sample size to argue that IQ is a better starter than Grimes.

If Deuce can prove that he can be a reliable backup PG. Trading Grimes could open up what looks like a bottlekneck at guard. And get us more help in the frontcourt.

Yes, Trade Grimes for help in the frontcourt
No, Grimes still hasnt reached his potential
View Results

Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/7/2023  7:04 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I wonder if we can pull off a 3 way with CHI & CLE

CHI - Grimes, + our 4 picks this year.
CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

CLE gets Lavine who is locked up and gives them a much needed sniper wing, plus they get IQ to fill DM's role and defend.

CHI gets a good young player and some nice picks this year. Ours, DAL, DET 2nd, and another 2nd we have.

and we get our guy in DM and clear the logjam a bit while keeping all our picks going forward after this summer.

Interesting trade

You can probably make the same trade with RJ instead of Grimes and keep some of the picks instead.

Probably too many scorers if we had Randle, Brunson, RJ and DM.

I don't think adding RJ instead of Grimes changes the number of picks, but it would change the level of protections you could add on the picks. I don't see Cleveland moving in this, but I'd have to consider if I'm the Knicks.

I'm surprised that there still would be interest in DM, if yet another team wanted to trade him while he's young and putting up gawdy numbers. Why was Ainge, now (maybe) the Cavs, so willing to part with Mitchell, instead of offering him a max deal?

My guess is the lack of a clutch game. Will that improve in NY when the pressure to perform in his home town will be greater? IDK. Wouldnt give away the store to find out.

I'd rather take a chance on Zion, and his sketchy history as a pro. Because he's clutch, and he also wanted to be a Knick since before he was drafted. Thats what we need, an elite player who is also clutch.

It's just conjecture, but nothing concrete has come up that the Cavaliers want to move on from DM. Also, while DM has had some stinkers he's also had some ridiculous post-season games. I don't question his clutchness. It's that his size and defense make building around him a bit difficult.

So has Randle, but would you call him clutch?

While Mitchell performances the past few years have dropped off from his regular season, he's still been solid. He's not the clutchest player, but I wouldn't call him "unclutch." Randle has just been putrid in the post season for his career. I think there have been times where Randle has put me in cardiac crisis when he has the ball in the playoffs.
https://stathead.com/tiny/MjoBI

Point taken. I still dont want to trade for him. Ainge saw something he didnt like early on. Mitchell has shown why in the postseason for 2 teams. Id rather take a chance, pay a king's ransom,for a star we know will be clutch from day one. Not hoping it will happen down the road.

If Mitchell has a better playoffs this year, of course I'd have a change of opinion. But I'd like it changed before he's a Knick.

I can see the hesitancy on Mitchell. I think what Ainge saw is that while Mitchell is a premier offensive engine, he's not going to bring you to the promised land by himself. Ainge decided to pivot and take a shot at Wemby, but Lauri threw a wrench in those plans. I'd prefer a wing shot-creator myself, but I wouldn't hang up the phone immediately if Mitchell is being offered. Would a Mitchell/Brunson frontcourt bring home a title? Probably not. But it would be fun to watch.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/7/2023  7:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2023  7:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I wonder if we can pull off a 3 way with CHI & CLE

CHI - Grimes, + our 4 picks this year.
CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

CLE gets Lavine who is locked up and gives them a much needed sniper wing, plus they get IQ to fill DM's role and defend.

CHI gets a good young player and some nice picks this year. Ours, DAL, DET 2nd, and another 2nd we have.

and we get our guy in DM and clear the logjam a bit while keeping all our picks going forward after this summer.

Interesting trade

You can probably make the same trade with RJ instead of Grimes and keep some of the picks instead.

Probably too many scorers if we had Randle, Brunson, RJ and DM.

I don't think adding RJ instead of Grimes changes the number of picks, but it would change the level of protections you could add on the picks. I don't see Cleveland moving in this, but I'd have to consider if I'm the Knicks.

I'm surprised that there still would be interest in DM, if yet another team wanted to trade him while he's young and putting up gawdy numbers. Why was Ainge, now (maybe) the Cavs, so willing to part with Mitchell, instead of offering him a max deal?

My guess is the lack of a clutch game. Will that improve in NY when the pressure to perform in his home town will be greater? IDK. Wouldnt give away the store to find out.

I'd rather take a chance on Zion, and his sketchy history as a pro. Because he's clutch, and he also wanted to be a Knick since before he was drafted. Thats what we need, an elite player who is also clutch.

It's just conjecture, but nothing concrete has come up that the Cavaliers want to move on from DM. Also, while DM has had some stinkers he's also had some ridiculous post-season games. I don't question his clutchness. It's that his size and defense make building around him a bit difficult.

So has Randle, but would you call him clutch?

While Mitchell performances the past few years have dropped off from his regular season, he's still been solid. He's not the clutchest player, but I wouldn't call him "unclutch." Randle has just been putrid in the post season for his career. I think there have been times where Randle has put me in cardiac crisis when he has the ball in the playoffs.
https://stathead.com/tiny/MjoBI

Point taken. I still dont want to trade for him. Ainge saw something he didnt like early on. Mitchell has shown why in the postseason for 2 teams. Id rather take a chance, pay a king's ransom,for a star we know will be clutch from day one. Not hoping it will happen down the road.

If Mitchell has a better playoffs this year, of course I'd have a change of opinion. But I'd like it changed before he's a Knick.

I can see the hesitancy on Mitchell. I think what Ainge saw is that while Mitchell is a premier offensive engine, he's not going to bring you to the promised land by himself. Ainge decided to pivot and take a shot at Wemby, but Lauri threw a wrench in those plans. I'd prefer a wing shot-creator myself, but I wouldn't hang up the phone immediately if Mitchell is being offered. Would a Mitchell/Brunson frontcourt bring home a title? Probably not. But it would be fun to watch.

I think of the Melo trade which I was on board with from the start. One big reason was that he was able to put the team on his back and win some games. He was the biggest scoring threat in the league, at the time. The most clutch player in the league, by the numbers.

DM hasnt shown that he has that clutch gene, but we will most likely be paying him as if he were. Thats my biggest problem with this trade. I'm guessing the Cavs demands will be no less..demanding.

For what the Cavs will want for DM, I'd like to see a longer playoff run. He's had some good teammates.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/7/2023  7:34 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Panos wrote:Watch, after the outburst, Grimes goes off for 20 tonight

I would bet anything he scores 0 tonight...

I bet nobody even passes the ball to him tonight.

And he gets 0 boards.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2023  7:37 PM
ToddTT wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

And he gets 0 boards.

I’m in for this and raise you to 0 minutes.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/7/2023  7:42 PM
martin wrote:Is Randle's playoff career even worth looking at? Those circumstances are so unkindly unique that it seems worthless to be honest.

2 post seasons with the Knicks. We know the rest.

I don’t put any stock in Randles playoff performances to label him yet. That’s for sure.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/7/2023  10:51 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

And he gets 0 boards.

Im in for this and raise you to 0 minutes.

I didn't say 20 what.
20 DD munchkins?
20 tacos?
20 White Castle burgers?

nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

12/8/2023  10:17 AM
seems like the FO is at least aware

There are people inside the Knicks front office who understand that a too-many-guys situation could be brewing, according to league sources. Grimes griped about his role to reporters earlier this week. Hart spoke a few games prior about not receiving as many offensive touches as he would like. Quickley is playing only 24 minutes a game in a contract year. DiVincenzo’s playing time is down from last season when he was with the Golden State Warriors.

Is DDV showing that Grimes is expendable?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy