[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is DDV showing that Grimes is expendable?

Author Poll
GustavBahler
Member: #3186

I know its a small sample size but DDV looks like a better starter than Grimes. More in the toolbox on offense.

Enough of a sample size to argue that IQ is a better starter than Grimes.

If Deuce can prove that he can be a reliable backup PG. Trading Grimes could open up what looks like a bottlekneck at guard. And get us more help in the frontcourt.

Yes, Trade Grimes for help in the frontcourt
No, Grimes still hasnt reached his potential
View Results

Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2023  9:42 AM
nycericanguy wrote:I wonder if we can pull off a 3 way with CHI & CLE

CHI - Grimes, + our 4 picks this year.
CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

CLE gets Lavine who is locked up and gives them a much needed sniper wing, plus they get IQ to fill DM's role and defend.

CHI gets a good young player and some nice picks this year. Ours, DAL, DET 2nd, and another 2nd we have.

and we get our guy in DM and clear the logjam a bit while keeping all our picks going forward after this summer.

Interesting trade

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

12/7/2023  10:27 AM
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

CLE gets Lavine who is locked up and gives them a much needed sniper wing, plus they get IQ to fill DM's role and defend.

CHI gets a good young player and some nice picks this year. Ours, DAL, DET 2nd, and another 2nd we have.

and we get our guy in DM and clear the logjam a bit while keeping all our picks going forward after this summer.

Interesting trade

You can probably make the same trade with RJ instead of Grimes and keep some of the picks instead.

Probably too many scorers if we had Randle, Brunson, RJ and DM.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/7/2023  10:36 AM
^^^ i like the idea of DM because we need another alpha

But that's a lot of juice to give up for a guy we might be able to get a lot cheaper if he simply tells people he wants to play in NY

(5)(5)
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/7/2023  10:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2023  10:43 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

You can probably make the same trade with RJ instead of Grimes and keep some of the picks instead.

It's not probably, it's for sure too many guys that require the ball to be effective. As it us our guys are complaining about the lack of touches. Besides, DM means we have only one defensive player in Mitch in the SL. DM is not a winning player, far from it.He would require an overhaul of the SL to be a net positive

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/7/2023  10:51 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

I don't think adding RJ instead of Grimes changes the number of picks, but it would change the level of protections you could add on the picks. I don't see Cleveland moving in this, but I'd have to consider if I'm the Knicks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15

12/7/2023  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2023  11:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

I don't think adding RJ instead of Grimes changes the number of picks, but it would change the level of protections you could add on the picks. I don't see Cleveland moving in this, but I'd have to consider if I'm the Knicks.

I'm surprised that there still would be interest in DM, if yet another team wanted to trade him while he's young and putting up gawdy numbers. Why was Ainge, now (maybe) the Cavs, so willing to part with Mitchell, instead of offering him a max deal?

My guess is the lack of a clutch game. Will that improve in NY when the pressure to perform in his home town will be greater? IDK. Wouldnt give away the store to find out.

I'd rather take a chance on Zion, and his sketchy history as a pro. Because he's clutch, and he also wanted to be a Knick since before he was drafted. Thats what we need, an elite player who is also clutch.

nycericanguy

12/7/2023  11:27 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

If DM makes it known he's not staying, then Lavine & IQ is a heck of a package for him, they are a team that wants to win so they'd probably value players over picks.

BigDaddyG

12/7/2023  12:15 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

If DM makes it known he's not staying, then Lavine & IQ is a heck of a package for him, they are a team that wants to win so they'd probably value players over picks.

I get that DM could force them to make a move, but that shoe hasn't dropped yet. For now, I have to think that Cle gave up way to many assets to consider making a move like this now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/7/2023  12:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

I'm surprised that there still would be interest in DM, if yet another team wanted to trade him while he's young and putting up gawdy numbers. Why was Ainge, now (maybe) the Cavs, so willing to part with Mitchell, instead of offering him a max deal?

My guess is the lack of a clutch game. Will that improve in NY when the pressure to perform in his home town will be greater? IDK. Wouldnt give away the store to find out.

I'd rather take a chance on Zion, and his sketchy history as a pro. Because he's clutch, and he also wanted to be a Knick since before he was drafted. Thats what we need, an elite player who is also clutch.

It's just conjecture, but nothing concrete has come up that the Cavaliers want to move on from DM. Also, while DM has had some stinkers he's also had some ridiculous post-season games. I don't question his clutchness. It's that his size and defense make building around him a bit difficult.

martin
USA
12/7/2023  12:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

It's just conjecture, but nothing concrete has come up that the Cavaliers want to move on from DM. Also, while DM has had some stinkers he's also had some ridiculous post-season games. I don't question his clutchness. It's that his size and defense make building around him a bit difficult.

It’s true. Kinda why I think Knicks are looking at OG for SF in that lineup. Then maybe you can kinda sorta try it?

GustavBahler

12/7/2023  1:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

So has Randle, but would you call him clutch?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/7/2023  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2023  1:05 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

It’s true. Kinda why I think Knicks are looking at OG for SF in that lineup. Then maybe you can kinda sorta try it?

I think adding Mitchell and OG in place of Grimes and Barrett is the plan, but who knows if they can pull it off. OG is tough because of the lawsuit with Toronto, but as an upcoming free agent he’s also now represented by Sam Rose.

BigDaddyG

12/7/2023  1:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

While Mitchell performances the past few years have dropped off from his regular season, he's still been solid. He's not the clutchest player, but I wouldn't call him "unclutch." Randle has just been putrid in the post season for his career. I think there have been times where Randle has put me in cardiac crisis when he has the ball in the playoffs.
https://stathead.com/tiny/MjoBI
martin
USA
12/7/2023  1:55 PM
Is Randle's playoff career even worth looking at? Those circumstances are so unkindly unique that it seems worthless to be honest.

2 post seasons with the Knicks. We know the rest.

BigDaddyG

12/7/2023  2:20 PM
martin wrote:Is Randle's playoff career even worth looking at? Those circumstances are so unkindly unique that it seems worthless to be honest.

I think this is a case where the eye test don't do justice to how bad the numbers are.
martin
USA
12/7/2023  2:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2023  2:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:Is Randle's playoff career even worth looking at? Those circumstances are so unkindly unique that it seems worthless to be honest.

I think this is a case where the eye test don't do justice to how bad the numbers are.

Randle was ****ty. So were his teammates and ankle.

For me, not much to go off of.

A lot of really good players have ****ty playoffs. Until they don't.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/7/2023  3:05 PM
Watch, after the outburst, Grimes goes off for 20 tonight
GustavBahler

12/7/2023  6:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

CLE - Lavine + IQ
NY - DM

Interesting trade

While Mitchell performances the past few years have dropped off from his regular season, he's still been solid. He's not the clutchest player, but I wouldn't call him "unclutch." Randle has just been putrid in the post season for his career. I think there have been times where Randle has put me in cardiac crisis when he has the ball in the playoffs.
https://stathead.com/tiny/MjoBI

Point taken. I still dont want to trade for him. Ainge saw something he didnt like early on. Mitchell has shown why in the postseason for 2 teams. Id rather take a chance, pay a king's ransom,for a star we know will be clutch from day one. Not hoping it will happen down the road.

If Mitchell has a better playoffs this year, of course I'd have a change of opinion. But I'd like it changed before he's a Knick.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/7/2023  6:32 PM
Panos wrote:Watch, after the outburst, Grimes goes off for 20 tonight

He will definitely be more aggressive.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nycericanguy

12/7/2023  6:42 PM
Panos wrote:Watch, after the outburst, Grimes goes off for 20 tonight

I would bet anything he scores 0 tonight...

Is DDV showing that Grimes is expendable?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy