GameThread: Friday night In-Season Game, 7pm at Wizards
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

11/18/2023  9:24 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DDV is a natural shooter, not afraid to shoot. Hart can be hesitant from out there. Even Grimes sometimes seems unsure about his shots, but there is no hesitation from DDV.

Who is the odd man out? Really hard choices to make.

Why does there have to be an odd man out right now? Everything is fine atm. And of course their plan is still the big trade eventually.

somethings gotta give sooner rather than later, I wouldn't want to risk alienating IQ. He should be playing more than 25mpg, cutting his minutes this year isn't a good look. And thats with everyone taking a minutes cut and RJ and Grimes having been out. RJ has missed almost half the games and the minutes still havent been there for IQ.

Every team wants to be fully healthy but the minutes are just too tight when we are. and how can these guys find rhythm is the other worry.

I don't think anyone is worrying about this right now. IQ's minutes have been pretty steady all year. Hart and DD are getting their mins cut more than him when everyone returns.

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/18/2023  9:25 AM
ToddTT wrote:

This was disappointing

LivingLegend

11/18/2023  9:25 AM
ToddTT wrote:

Things picking up

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/18/2023  9:26 AM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DDV is a natural shooter, not afraid to shoot. Hart can be hesitant from out there. Even Grimes sometimes seems unsure about his shots, but there is no hesitation from DDV.

Why does there have to be an odd man out right now? Everything is fine atm. And of course their plan is still the big trade eventually.

somethings gotta give sooner rather than later, I wouldn't want to risk alienating IQ. He should be playing more than 25mpg, cutting his minutes this year isn't a good look. And thats with everyone taking a minutes cut and RJ and Grimes having been out. RJ has missed almost half the games and the minutes still havent been there for IQ.

Every team wants to be fully healthy but the minutes are just too tight when we are. and how can these guys find rhythm is the other worry.

I don't think anyone is worrying about this right now. IQ's minutes have been pretty steady all year. Hart and DD are getting their mins cut more than him when everyone returns.

we'll see, last night was the 1st game all season that IQ played 30 minutes and that just aint right. This man is scoring 23ppg PER 36 on great efficiency.

Hart has cracked 30+ five times already, I think his minutes are set since he's also playing backup 4.

LivingLegend

11/18/2023  9:28 AM
Clean wrote:

Look at the player movement on thi ISO. I hate a constant diet of ISO's but if you can at least add playermovement you can get open looks. Every other player was moving and it made the defense make a mistake. I count Mitch going from dunker spot to the rim as movement because you have to account for him there or its a dunk/rebound.

I like this from Julius because he was pretty decisive- underrated passer when his head is out of his rear-end. So skilled for his size and great strength- an enigma for me.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

11/18/2023  9:30 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

we'll see, last night was the 1st game all season that IQ played 30 minutes and that just aint right. This man is scoring 23ppg PER 36 on great efficiency.

Hart has cracked 30+ five times already, I think his minutes are set since he's also playing backup 4.

The difference is, IQ's role is set in stone and Thibs is keeping him in his role despite injuries. Hart is absorbing a ton of RJ's minutes. Hart was low 20s when we were healthy and DD was high teens. IQ and his 25 mins is pretty much set no matter what and when he finishes games (which he does from time to time whether we are at full health or not) he pushes 30 mins.

I don't think anyone on the Knicks is going to complain about 5 mins when the team is winning and vibes are high. IQ is going to get all the 6MOY buzz this year, I'm sure he's satisfied with his role.

LivingLegend

11/18/2023  9:32 AM
DLeethal wrote:I really like DDs game. He's a great connector which this team really needed with all the dribblers we got. He's a smaller Josh Hart with a 3 ball, great nose for the ball, get player to have around Brunson/RJ/Randle.

IQ is just a damn beast. We got some good players here top to bottom. Liking what I'm seeing.

Yes on DD - he & Hart add so many intangibles.

Will say DD scares me when he dribbles and Hart when he raises to shoot but both are great energy guys.

Also - Donte got eaten up 3 times on ISO’s where guys just waltzed right around.thru him last night - he gambles to much reaching IMO.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/18/2023  9:34 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:Why is Randle shooting techs

Because he is an idiot and our coach encourages it.

Once again Julius puts up volume #s but 20% from 3, 50% from FT (including shooting a ****ing T with Brunson/IQ on floor), 6 TO’s and 18 points on (22 shots) - I won’t mention the 2 or 3 times he refused to guard his match-up.

Other than above he played with force and took Kuzma’s heart - lol.

8-13 on 2pt shots/ 8 assists/ 2 steals and a block, +13, 11 in the first to set the tone for the evening.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/18/2023  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2023  9:39 AM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

The difference is, IQ's role is set in stone and Thibs is keeping him in his role despite injuries. Hart is absorbing a ton of RJ's minutes. Hart was low 20s when we were healthy and DD was high teens. IQ and his 25 mins is pretty much set no matter what and when he finishes games (which he does from time to time whether we are at full health or not) he pushes 30 mins.

I don't think anyone on the Knicks is going to complain about 5 mins when the team is winning and vibes are high. IQ is going to get all the 6MOY buzz this year, I'm sure he's satisfied with his role.

Fair point on Hart taking RJ's minutes.

Just not sure how happy IQ will be if he's around 25mpg all season. He deserves to be playing 32-35mpg right now. Watching his friend Maxey play 38mpg and turning into one of the best guards in the league probably doesn't help either.

We have such a good, young, deep team. IQ is putting himself in the convo where, do we even need a Lavine/DM type? If IQ were playing those minutes can he not put up 22-24ppg while playing defense as well?

but then is this roster really good enough to win it all without a DM type player? Are IQ and RJ dynamic enough to still be 20+ppg guys in the playoffs against tough defenses? Does Randle ever perform in the playoffs?

not to mention we have at least 3 picks this draft... we are in a tough spot and I mean that in a great way.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/18/2023  9:50 AM
The key for me will be seeing how the Brunson IQ RJ JR MRob lineup plays to close tight games. I think that's our best 5 lineup, if they can hang with the top tier of the East, Boston/ Milwaukee/ Philly, then we don't need to worry about any trades.
LivingLegend

11/18/2023  9:51 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:Why is Randle shooting techs

Because he is an idiot and our coach encourages it.

Once again Julius puts up volume #s but 20% from 3, 50% from FT (including shooting a ****ing T with Brunson/IQ on floor), 6 TO’s and 18 points on (22 shots) - I won’t mention the 2 or 3 times he refused to guard his match-up.

Other than above he played with force and took Kuzma’s heart - lol.

8-13 on 2pt shots/ 8 assists/ 2 steals and a block, +13, 11 in the first to set the tone for the evening.

Yes - when crunch time comes and Brunson/IQ are carrying us I’m always thinking thank god Julius got those 2 buckets to put us up 4-2 in 1st quarter.

But seriously I think any of his misses or his TO’s and that missed T are due to his ankle not being 100%.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/18/2023  10:27 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Things picking up

She is wallpaper worthy. Too bad she has the wizards logo on.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/18/2023  11:29 AM
This was a 5 point game going into the 4th and IQ just took over. In front of his mom too! He's such a likeable player and seeing his growth has been so rewarding to me as a fan. Aside from winning of course, nothing makes me more happy then when your team drafts a player and see him improve every season. It also helps a lot when that player is a good person which IQ is. In an era where we see guys like Kyrie and Harden, it's nice to have a player on your team like IQ who young fans can look up to. I really REALLY hope Leon find a way to sign him long term. Guys like IQ are so good for the culture and locker room too.

Brunson has been in the zone with the three point shot. Once that midrange comes around more consistently, he's just going to be impossible to guard. Randle also played well but 6 TO's are too many. Deuce and Fournier gave us good minutes. DiVincenzo filled in nicely for Grimes. Had no idea he was able to put back dunks like that!

I was impressed with Avdija. We need a wing like him on the roster.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/18/2023  12:54 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Things picking up

She is wallpaper worthy. Too bad she has the wizards logo on.

There's a reason it's called chocolate city

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/18/2023  1:27 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GameThread: Friday night In-Season Game, 7pm at Wizards

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy