[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The evolution of RJ Barrett
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2023  8:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:He’s still inefficient and inconsistent but the free throw shooting has been a really important step and seems here to stay for the most part.

Hopefully! But you never know month to month with RJ.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/30/2023  8:41 AM
I’m worried his migraine was really the ghost of a past superstar leaving his body.
martin
USA
12/2/2023  3:34 PM
Dammit RJ, don't make me look like a fool

martin
USA
12/3/2023  11:15 PM
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/4/2023  12:17 PM
I REALLY HATE when players use excuses for poor play — you here nothing after good games but when #s decline all of a sudden we get stories of month old migraines - just play and let the #s decide.

I’ve said from early on - despite RJ better % - I don’t see a different player either from a quickness/strength or skill perspective. His early #s were up but he still looks sluggish/ sloppy to my eye.

Not rooting against- just hope he proves my eyes wrong - I really see the same player - in fact he hasn’t looked less impressive vs his playoff performances so hard for me to figure RJ out.

foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

12/4/2023  12:41 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I REALLY HATE when players use excuses for poor play — you here nothing after good games but when #s decline all of a sudden we get stories of month old migraines - just play and let the #s decide.

I’ve said from early on - despite RJ better % - I don’t see a different player either from a quickness/strength or skill perspective. His early #s were up but he still looks sluggish/ sloppy to my eye.

Not rooting against- just hope he proves my eyes wrong - I really see the same player - in fact he hasn’t looked less impressive vs his playoff performances so hard for me to figure RJ out.

I believe he used the term "No Excuses" right in his quote.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/4/2023  6:45 PM
foosballnick wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I REALLY HATE when players use excuses for poor play — you here nothing after good games but when #s decline all of a sudden we get stories of month old migraines - just play and let the #s decide.

Literally

LivingLegend

12/4/2023  10:49 PM
foosballnick wrote:

But at the same time - didn’t he bring up the migraines? If not - my bad but if yes — that’s still an excuse regardless of what he said.

I really don’t care that much on this topic just stating my own preference I guess.

LivingLegend

12/4/2023  10:57 PM
Nalod wrote:
foosballnick wrote:

Literally

And he also literally said — “not having a week where you don’t play isn’t ideal”.

Sounds like an excuse to me but you guys read the parts you like the best.

LivingLegend

12/4/2023  10:59 PM
A strong cross wind kicked up when I released that 3 pointer - but no excuses.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/4/2023  11:11 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
foosballnick wrote:

But at the same time - didn’t he bring up the migraines? If not - my bad but if yes — that’s still an excuse regardless of what he said.

I really don’t care that much on this topic just stating my own preference I guess.

Migranes (which RJ is still having) literally messes with your head. They're no joke. I give Barrett a pass for his condition hindering his ability to put a ball through a hoop.

RJ shooting poorly because of migrane headaches is a likely explanation. But I dont see RJ using it as an excuse. Still putting in the work..............................Literally

foosballnick

12/5/2023  6:24 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
Nalod wrote:
foosballnick wrote:

Literally

And he also literally said — “not having a week where you don’t play isn’t ideal”.

Apparently so do you and I'm guessing you generally prefer focusing on the negative parts.

foosballnick

12/5/2023  6:42 AM
LivingLegend wrote:A strong cross wind kicked up when I released that 3 pointer - but no excuses.

I think your words were....."not rooting against" ....yet what you type seems to belie that. Perhaps you might also not understand what migranes are if you are comparing them to a cross wind.

Nalod
USA
12/5/2023  7:20 AM
He sites reasons and owns it. What else can he say?
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/5/2023  8:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2023  9:01 AM
Wasn’t RJ responding in an interview? What’s he supposed to say - “migraines have no effect upon me?”

Sheesh!

Nalod
USA
12/5/2023  9:02 AM

Fan thinking is if we trade a player we get one better in return. More consistant, taller, better passer, and will help the team NOW. Far from reality. Its what I call “Open concept improvement”.
Its born from frustration and is “Whiney”.

RJ clearly is NOT MAKING EXCUSES. He sites reasons if asked and he won’t discuss if meds are involved and perhaps effecting him.
I had one migraine and it was bad. Like “am i dying?” kind of bad. For RJ, what bought it on and how to prevent it is a different story.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
12/5/2023  9:36 AM
LivingLegend wrote:A strong cross wind kicked up when I released that 3 pointer - but no excuses.

Yeah, and F--- him for having migraines in the first place. You don't see Jayson Tatum whining about migraines. Take a Midol and get back to work.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
12/5/2023  10:13 PM

LivingLegend

12/5/2023  11:13 PM
foosballnick wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Nalod wrote:
foosballnick wrote:

Literally

Apparently so do you and I'm guessing you generally prefer focusing on the negative parts.

Just the excuse part

martin
USA
12/6/2023  7:36 AM
Tease!
The evolution of RJ Barrett

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy