[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: early start at the Garden, 12pm vs Charlotte
Author Thread
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

11/12/2023  9:20 PM
martin wrote:

you gotta love that. and where we are is 3rd in the east in NET rating so far.

AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/12/2023  9:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2023  9:39 AM
Around the 21 sec mark of this highlight reel, you see a little difference. He created space, shook off his defender, gathered himself, then took the shot (and made it). This sort of play illustrates how the game has slowed down a bit for him. Over the prior 2 seasons, he likely would have driven all the way to the basket for an off-balance acrobatic shot.

In the end, the more variety of finishes he shows, the more unpredictable/dangerous he becomes to defenders.

It also looks like RJ and the team are finding him better shots behind the arc. Maybe it's just the Hornets, but he didn't look like he was forcing it. He's shooting 50% from behind the arc this season so far.

If the team continues its trend of playing small and moving the ball - and Randle/Brunson save ISO ball 'til the last few mins of the game... it means a lot of time for RJ to put up big and reliable numbers.

And makes the Knick scoring less predictable for more minutes of the game.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/12/2023  10:12 PM
Mike Breen and Clyde need some recognition for calling a great game. Their excitement for the team is palpable. They had to call some ****ty seasons in years past.Clyde was probably thinking about retiring four seasons ago.

I loved this exchange:

C: How much is the fine for a technical foul? $500?
MB: Now it's up to $2000.
C: $2000? I used to keep my mouth shut when it was $25.
MB: How much do you charge now?

Knicks are firing on all cylinders over the past week. I think the next few days will be really critical for the season. If they can keep up this momentum, They should be able to finish with home court in the playoffs. This will be a rough week, but if they keep trusting the ball movement, they can really turn a lot of heads.

Robinson compared guarding Wemby to Porzingis. It really makes me think he's looking forward to the rematch. Last game turned on Holidays defense of Randle. I'm hoping that with his injury woes behind him, Randle can punish the smaller Celtics.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/12/2023  10:22 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Rookie wrote:Watching the Indi game to check out Obi and all I can say is….we really passed on Halliburton?

Passing on both Haliburton and Maxey. Both were linked to the team during the draft process. Maxey was seen as a bit of a reach but he ended up falling. Haliburton was a great option from the beginning.

Word on the street was Leon Rose was surfing through Frank Ntilikina fan pages on the UK website at the time.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/12/2023  10:42 PM
ToddTT wrote:

Potential return in my Randle trade dreams.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

11/12/2023  10:48 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Watching this one on loop!

They should show this play to Randle on a loop 1,000 times with no other plays necessary—- that may be the first time I’ve seen him swing the ball with ZERO hesitation and what a beautiful result.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/13/2023  7:45 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Rookie wrote:Watching the Indi game to check out Obi and all I can say is….we really passed on Halliburton?

Passing on both Haliburton and Maxey. Both were linked to the team during the draft process. Maxey was seen as a bit of a reach but he ended up falling. Haliburton was a great option from the beginning.

Word on the street was Leon Rose was surfing through Frank Ntilikina fan pages on the UK website at the time.

A lot of us were pushing for Haliburton at the time, although I can see why he had some Frank similarities coming out. I thought SGA was going to turn out a lot like Frank (whoops) but I thought Haliburton had upside because of his playmaking at his size.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
11/13/2023  8:25 AM
Knixkik wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

A lot of us were pushing for Haliburton at the time, although I can see why he had some Frank similarities coming out. I thought SGA was going to turn out a lot like Frank (whoops) but I thought Haliburton had upside because of his playmaking at his size.

I had Hali as a high choice but was skeptical still because of his athleticism. But we needed a PG and Toppin seemed like not the choice. Didn’t really understand the decision.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/13/2023  8:36 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I had Hali as a high choice but was skeptical still because of his athleticism. But we needed a PG and Toppin seemed like not the choice. Didn’t really understand the decision.

Hali dropped to 14th.
Covid stopped everything.
Draft was delayed to Oct and player tryouts were very limited and players not in shape,
A lot of things got messed up for players and teams.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/13/2023  10:54 AM
These guys do really good work:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/13/2023  1:55 PM
I personally needed this one after that Giants game!

Love blowout wins! It helps when the threes fall but I like how unselfish we're playing and moving the ball and playing faster. Randle is playing a lot better too. Good pace, not rushing, looking for the open man and I like how's he's mixing it up inside and out. Knew he would have a good game after scoring the first 5 points. Mark Williams was coming off a 24 rebound game and Rob dominated him. I hope he starts getting some DPTY talk cause he's playing at that level. We should be so proud of Rob. Breen and Clyde talked about it a bit how much he's grown since being drafted. He's turned into a true professional and you can tell he takes his job seriously. Same with RJ. He's playing at an All-Star level. That jumper looks so smooth. He's man to man defense has picked up so much too. And I hope we find a way to keep IQ here long term. I have a bad feeling a team like the Spurs are going to offer him a lot of money and a starting spot. IQ deserves it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2023  7:20 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:Everytime LaMelo turns his head, I'm thinking he's bleeding from the ears.

NBA noticed it too

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GameThread: early start at the Garden, 12pm vs Charlotte

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy