Member: #105
11/8/2023  7:46 AM
martin wrote:

PTSD activated.

nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

11/8/2023  8:13 AM
Katz with some insight, I've been saying the same. Always said Mitch needed to stop chasing blocks, especially on wings shooting 3's as it took him out of plays, and I think it's paying off.

No Knicks player has been steadier than Robinson, who has reached new levels of discipline and physicality. His hands are always either out or up. His pick-and-roll defense, which was stronger than ever a season ago, is now even better. He’s committed to the scheme and is using those never-ending limbs to disrupt passing lanes. Ballhandlers have tried whizzing bounce passes by him various times this season, only for his massive paws to deflect the basketball.
He doesn’t chase blocks. He’s switching onto wings and sticking with them.

On Randle and our offensive struggles...

First off, the positive: We know the Knicks won’t finish this low in offense. Randle won’t shoot worse than 30 percent from the field all season, as he’s done thus far. His performance against the Clippers, when he went for 27 points in his best showing this season, could be the start of a turnaround. If anyone drops from All-NBA, as Randle was in 2022-23, to the most harmful player in the NBA overnight, his team is in for a free fall.
We’ve seen that from the Knicks — though Randle isn’t the only issue.
The Knicks are creating decent 3-point looks, but they aren’t sinking them. They’re just 17th in long-range makes and 23rd in percentage. It’s not like they were filled with snipers a season ago, but New York’s commitment to the deep ball was one of the reasons its offense was such a success. Shot selection was key. And as defenses collapse into the paint with every Randle or Jalen Brunson drive, the Knicks have opportunities to create more open, stand-still 3s.

Much of it falls on Randle’s slow start. All Knicks other than him are combining to shoot 35 percent from deep, which would be in line with last season’s team and would rank 18th in the NBA if it belonged to a team, and 49 percent from 2, which would still be last in the NBA but would at least bring them into the same realm as the rest of the bottom five.

and on our improved defense, going small I think has helped tremendously.

The Knicks are second in the NBA in points allowed per possession and are forcing more turnovers than they ever have under head coach Tom Thibodeau.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/8/2023  8:16 AM
i may be in the minority but i like our playstyle so much this year, especially when we go small, I like defense, rebounding and games where every possession matters. more like the 90's.

right now we have a gritty team that absolutely dominates on the boards, is elite defensively, switches all over when we are small, forces a ton of TO's and just grinds all game.

our offense hasn't been good but all the signs are there that it will turn around.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/8/2023  9:12 AM
Duncan had 25/10/2 in his first game at the Garden

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199803310NYK.html

I think something clicked in the second half last game so I think we'll take care of business tonight.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/8/2023  9:32 AM
“He’s different, man,” said Kevin Durant, after his Suns lost both ends of a back-to-back against Wembanyama and the Spurs last week — both games in Phoenix, no less. “He’s long, athletic, mobile. He can shoot it. He’s got skills. He’s tough.”

“He is one of a kind, as we all know,” said the Clippers’ Russell Westbrook, whom Wembanyama grew up idolizing.

“He’s been very impressive. Obviously, was highly touted coming in, and he’s certainly lived up to the billing,” Thibodeau said when asked about Wembanyama after practice Tuesday in Tarrytown. “So unique, obviously the size, but every aspect — his demeanor, the skill set, how he interacts with his teammates, makes other people better. And then that size. It’s a lot.”

“I knew he was gonna be good. I don’t know about this good so early on, especially what he’s done defensively, and then offensively, what he’s been doing,” Hartenstein said. “It’s exciting. I think the length he has, the different things he can do on the court, we haven’t seen in the NBA before.

“It’s gonna be a good challenge for me and Mitch. Me and Mitch don’t back down to really anybody, so we’re both excited for that matchup.”

Robinson, the NBA’s leader in offensive rebounding at 6.4 per game, admitted he’s been “paying attention” to the start of Wemanyama’s NBA career.

“I’m going to play him just like he’s one of those Kristaps Porzingis kind of [players],” Robinson said after Monday’s home win over the Clippers. “Who else plays like that? [Suns little-used 7-3 center] Bol Bol? Just gotta mix them two together. I kind of got a feel [for] how it should go. He’s going to be on the perimeter a lot. So I’ve just gotta move my feet. Just gotta get ready for that.”

Asked if he’s ever faced a big man with Wembanyama’s ball-handling skills, Robinson added, “I’m not really worried about the tallness, bro. Just go out there and play hard. I look forward to guarding anybody, that’s what this league is about. You’ve got to guard. Good players, bad players, it is what it is.”

“I think it’s hard to [make comparisons.] You look at different aspects and say, ‘Oh, that reminds me of this guy a little bit, that guy a little bit.’ But he’s unique unto himself,” Thibodeau said. “And I think it’s the evolution of the big man, too.

“They’re like guards in terms of [how] he can handle the ball and he can shoot the ball. There’s not anything that he can’t do. I had the opportunity to coach Yao [Ming] in Houston. He was very skilled and had great touch, but not as athletic. But we were amazed at the things he did. Just to see all the different aspects of [Wembanyama’s] game, is very impressive.”

“Special talent. What is he, 7-5, 7-6, something like that? Just seeing what he’s doing is amazing for our league,” Knicks guard Donte DiVincenzo said. “It’s going to be a good challenge for us. I think everybody will be locked in and ready to go, and it will be a fun game.”

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/8/2023  9:46 AM
martin wrote:

Guilt by association!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2023  10:34 AM
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:

PTSD activated.

Sorry man! Smother us in cheerleaders! It's the only solution!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/8/2023  10:37 AM
Thread

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/8/2023  11:50 AM
martin wrote:

That Jordan seemed like more of a novelty at the time. Wasnt that flashy at NC.

At some point Jordan became a stone cold killer. Maybe after his first big injury Thats the player that triggers my Knicks fan PTSD lol.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/8/2023  1:36 PM
nycericanguy wrote:i may be in the minority but i like our playstyle so much this year, especially when we go small, I like defense, rebounding and games where every possession matters. more like the 90's.

right now we have a gritty team that absolutely dominates on the boards, is elite defensively, switches all over when we are small, forces a ton of TO's and just grinds all game.

our offense hasn't been good but all the signs are there that it will turn around.

Me and you both. I completely agree.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/8/2023  4:42 PM
blkexec wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:i may be in the minority but i like our playstyle so much this year, especially when we go small, I like defense, rebounding and games where every possession matters. more like the 90's.

Me and you both. I completely agree.

Correctly stated. That defense is fun to watch.

This is the Randle.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
11/8/2023  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2023  5:21 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

PTSD activated.

Sorry man! Smother us in cheerleaders! It's the only solution!

This is the way.

Enhance...

https://cdn.nba.com/teams/legacy/www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/2_40.jpg

ToddTT
11/8/2023  5:20 PM
ToddTT
11/8/2023  5:35 PM
martin
USA
11/8/2023  5:47 PM
YESSIR!
Sambakick
Member: #5646

11/8/2023  7:47 PM
I like the look of the court at MSG
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/8/2023  8:05 PM
Looking good so far! Nice to see the 3s falling.

Randle draws the foul and still complaining to the refs though...

Jerseys don't look as bad in action, but I really wish they fixed that double layered font. So close to being great!

ToddTT
11/8/2023  8:08 PM
ToddTT
11/8/2023  8:12 PM
Spurs really screwed up that pick.
GameThread: Wemby rolls into town, 730 ESPN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy