[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 11/6/23] Knicks vs Clippers 7:30PM EST
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/7/2023  10:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2023  10:44 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Great team win. All facets. Only negative were the ball handling TOs...minor point. Great D, great shooting, ball movement...everything. No rust on RJ either.

With that much more passing there is bound to be turnovers. I will be keeping an eye on the assist to turnover ratio and see if they can get that up while increasing assists. The ball movement was on and will lead to good things

Passing was with 2nd unit — turnovers with 1sr unit

Starting 5 —- 19 TO’s vs 16 assists in 158 minutes
Bench 4 ————- 3 TO’s to 15 assists in 81 minutes

AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

11/7/2023  10:58 AM
DLeethal wrote:Great win. Caught me by surprise. The storyline to me so far, is how much RJ has shown his worth to this team. We missed him badly and his 3rd option (maybe 2nd this year) scoring is much needed on this team.

DD was awesome last night. He's like a smaller Hart who can shoot.

Its early but 22ppg on 48/44 shooting in just 31mpg is really impressive.

he's defending really well too.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2023  10:58 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Great team win. All facets. Only negative were the ball handling TOs...minor point. Great D, great shooting, ball movement...everything. No rust on RJ either.

With that much more passing there is bound to be turnovers. I will be keeping an eye on the assist to turnover ratio and see if they can get that up while increasing assists. The ball movement was on and will lead to good things

It's the big 3 too, Randle RJ Bruson. Too sticky in the first unit

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Member: #9126

11/7/2023  11:03 AM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I think this team will always be a bit of a yin/yang with the starters and bench. This goes back a few years since Randle's first breakout year playing with Elfrid and our bench mob was elite with Rose and rookie Quick/Obi. The starters are methodical, take turns, play bully, play ugly and the bench has a bit more flair to the way they get after it.

DLeethal

11/7/2023  11:12 AM
The bench looks good though, not sure why we are harping on the backup 4. They seem to be staggering Randle in a way where he is playing with Quick/DD as well and we are never that "small". Knicks look like they will be a legit elite defensive team this year and I think swapping Obi for DD is a reason why. The bench reeked some havoc last night on defense.
martin
USA
11/7/2023  11:13 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I think this team will always be a bit of a yin/yang with the starters and bench. This goes back a few years since Randle's first breakout year playing with Elfrid and our bench mob was elite with Rose and rookie Quick/Obi. The starters are methodical, take turns, play bully, play ugly and the bench has a bit more flair to the way they get after it.

I think RJ and Brunson are more willing ball movers. Randle... he has to be in the mood.

DLeethal

11/7/2023  11:21 AM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I think RJ and Brunson are more willing ball movers. Randle... he has to be in the mood.

Yea but their first instinct is to pound for a bucket.

martin
USA
11/7/2023  11:29 AM
THREAD

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2023  3:07 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Wow - no one wants to post when we win AND Randle plays well. Great win!

I think fans are still exhausted from the loss’s that we should’ve won. I honestly forgot we played and was watching Monday night football.

We’re currently on page 3. Thread for Knicks close loss to Bucks - 8 pages. Thread for Knicks loss to Cavs - 9 pages. Knicks win over Cavs - 4 pages. This is nothing new. And anyone can peek at those longer threads to see what most were focused on.

Is it possible some posters prefer to criticize and complain? And of course that is their Constitutional right!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2023  3:12 PM
Brunson is not in the flow.
Yet.
Randle? he is finding his rhythm and also the flow.

Thibs is asking for more pace, more passing. Grimes has to hit those looks. Kudos to Thibs sticking with him.
developing players is not always pretty. Fans call for change, good coaches see the progress even when there is not the result. Fans are reactionary, Coaches are anticipatory.
In the end, it all gets sorted out on the court, not the threads here.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/7/2023  5:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2023  6:00 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:Going small with iHart in the second unit is so much fun to watch.

Cutters, defenders, shooters. McBride would fit right in too.

Yes on all above ——- hoping for a day when we have a starting unit that could at least have the ball and bodies flying around/moving/cutting.

I may be wrong but I feel Hart regained his mojo but he was playing the back up 3 and not the 4 which is where he is best suited. For many of Harts highlights he was on the floor with two other bigs in a more conventional lineup. Hart was out there with RJ or Julius and with Heartenstein, and Mitch for stretches.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

11/7/2023  7:55 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

This is how I see it too. 22-23 success mainly came from the starters and 20-21 was from a good bench. This game had both the starters and bench clicking. Let's be honest, playing a line up with 4 future Hall of famers to a standstill is a pretty big accomplishment for a much younger team. Kawhi and PG have been all- defense and Harden and Westbrook get a lot of steals. You have to expect that there will be more turnovers. Knicks biggest success was playing defense without fouling. That's the mark of an elite team. If Knicks can put together a team which combines previous years defensive efficiency with last year's offense, we can go far.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/7/2023  10:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2023  11:09 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:Going small with iHart in the second unit is so much fun to watch.

Cutters, defenders, shooters. McBride would fit right in too.

Yes on all above ——- hoping for a day when we have a starting unit that could at least have the ball and bodies flying around/moving/cutting.

I may be wrong but I feel Hart regained his mojo but he was playing the back up 3 and not the 4 which is where he is best suited. For many of Harts highlights he was on the floor with two other bigs in a more conventional lineup. Hart was out there with RJ or Julius and with Heartenstein, and Mitch for stretches.

They have been subbing Hart early for RJ so they can get RJ some quick rest before bringing him back to play with 2nd unit (IQ/DD/J-HART/I-HART) so yes he (J-Hart) is playing some 3 when RJ sits early BUT for the most part he’s technically playing the 4 with RJ the 3 when they are in together.

Thibs has talked about how they are rebounding great and how Hart initiates the break from the 4 position—- with all the switching that goes on things get muddled — not to mention RJ missed 2? Games.

In 2 games he started at 3 in place of RJ he shot 7 of 23 and 1 of 9 from 3 but he did rebound/assist well.

[Game Thread 11/6/23] Knicks vs Clippers 7:30PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy