[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 11/6/23] Knicks vs Clippers 7:30PM EST
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/7/2023  7:10 AM
Moonangie wrote:Great team win. All facets. Only negative were the ball handling TOs...minor point. Great D, great shooting, ball movement...everything. No rust on RJ either.

With that much more passing there is bound to be turnovers. I will be keeping an eye on the assist to turnover ratio and see if they can get that up while increasing assists. The ball movement was on and will lead to good things

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
USA
11/7/2023  7:11 AM
martin wrote:Robinson is playing like it's a contract year. So impressive.

His steals are impressing me. Knocking balls loose down more than up these days.

This is the Randle.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
11/7/2023  7:12 AM
If the FO believes Mitch is a foundational piece, which I think he can be the best offensive rebounder in history and classic rim protector Thibs loves. If RJ, JB and Randle are playing at an all star level, throughout the season, we might be stronger than most people think. Just need 2 of 3 to have big games and we win. Yesterday it was RJ and Randle.

Grimes better watch his back. DDV is lurking and impacting well. DDV seems like the type to play his game regardless of the other 4 players. But in the long run if grimes can impact in that starting unit, I think that’s better for the team. If DDV starts, that might reduce his impact with so many ball hogs in that starting unit. He would rarely see the ball.

Second unit that ball is hoping and looks like fun.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EwingsGlass
USA
11/7/2023  7:13 AM
martin wrote:RJ looks so confident. Game must be slowing down for him.

Was thinking that. Seems like he is taking what the defense gives him instead of leaving his feet and trying to force shots.

This is the Randle.
blkexec
Member: #748
11/7/2023  7:14 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Wow - no one wants to post when we win AND Randle plays well. Great win!

I think fans are still exhausted from the loss’s that we should’ve won. I honestly forgot we played and was watching Monday night football.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/7/2023  7:20 AM
great W, RJ continues to impress.

for all the early panic the Knicks have a top 10 net rating so far and that's usually a very good indicator of how good a team is.

For us to be 3-4, have a top 10 net rating, despite Randle & Brunson shooting very poorly, against the type of schedule we've had. I mean IDK how anyone can be so discouraged by that. every single team we've played so far was a playoff team last season. We;ve had zero breaks so far.

Randle isnt going to shoot 29%, and Brunson isnt going to shoot 40%.

nycericanguy

11/7/2023  7:24 AM
Laker fans going IN on CAM... can't believe people wanted Thibs fired over not playing that bum...lol.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/7/2023  8:17 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Great team win. All facets. Only negative were the ball handling TOs...minor point. Great D, great shooting, ball movement...everything. No rust on RJ either.

With that much more passing there is bound to be turnovers. I will be keeping an eye on the assist to turnover ratio and see if they can get that up while increasing assists. The ball movement was on and will lead to good things

100%...not to mention so fun to watch!

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/7/2023  8:27 AM
RJ looks confident shooting the open 3- he nailed one where he was wide open- previously, it would have been a brick.

I say we keep him. When his draft class retires, he may end up having the best career out of the big three. He is only 500 points behind Ja, and he just needs 1 more instagram post to be heading to China.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2023  8:45 AM
blkexec wrote:
technomaster wrote:RJ looked really good this game - exuded confidence against big-name players.

This might be the year where RJ is the big name player. Out of all games I missed the best game of the season.

But love what I’m hearing on RJ and Money Mitch. Wondering if Mitch play makes it easier or harder to trade for embiid.

Harder - meaning he might be a solid foundational center to keep
Easier - meaning his value to Philly might help with the potential embiid trade.

Mitch seems to be literally turning into a defensive force. Like teams have to game plan him.

So steady too. And the numbers are both proving him and team out.

The guards are now making that extra, extra rotation on the opposite side corner and getting back too. It's really nice to watch

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/7/2023  8:47 AM
blkexec wrote:If the FO believes Mitch is a foundational piece, which I think he can be the best offensive rebounder in history and classic rim protector Thibs loves. If RJ, JB and Randle are playing at an all star level, throughout the season, we might be stronger than most people think. Just need 2 of 3 to have big games and we win. Yesterday it was RJ and Randle.

Grimes better watch his back. DDV is lurking and impacting well. DDV seems like the type to play his game regardless of the other 4 players. But in the long run if grimes can impact in that starting unit, I think that’s better for the team. If DDV starts, that might reduce his impact with so many ball hogs in that starting unit. He would rarely see the ball.

Second unit that ball is hoping and looks like fun.

martin
USA
11/7/2023  8:49 AM
franco12 wrote:RJ looks confident shooting the open 3- he nailed one where he was wide open- previously, it would have been a brick.

I say we keep him. When his draft class retires, he may end up having the best career out of the big three. He is only 500 points behind Ja, and he just needs 1 more instagram post to be heading to China.

For me, this is the first year RJ has looked not awkward shooting. Shooting form looks fantastic.

nycericanguy

11/7/2023  8:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2023  8:57 AM
Thibs doesn't get enough, or really any credit for Mitch or even for Ihart. Those two guys are really able to impact games without even scoring. He's getting the most out of Mitch the way he did with Noah.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/7/2023  9:02 AM
Good win! Needed that! Happy Randle finally look a bit like himself. Loved how unselfish he started the game moving the ball. He still had some dumb plays defensively leaving his man wide open and some awful turnovers but I think he took a step in the right direction. Glad to see RJ back too! Loved how strong he's started this season. He's playing with a lot of confidence and patience. I'm a little worried about the knee soreness but fingers crossed it doesn't become a major issue cause we need RJ. Rob was an animal last night. Changed the game in the second half. He's leading the entire league in offensive rebounds with 6.4! The second closets guy is at 4.3 so Rob is in a league of his own on the glass! Gotta tip your hat to DiVincenzo. Made all the hustle plays and played excellent defense on that whiney crybaby Harden. BTW, so proud and major kudos to the MSG crowd for booing Harden and recognizing what a clown he really is.

I think something clicked in the second half. Hopefully those early season jitters are gone and we can start to see more consistency on offense. Gotta keep knocking down those threes though! And play fast! We are a better team when we play fast and move the ball.

EwingsGlass
USA
11/7/2023  9:03 AM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
technomaster wrote:RJ looked really good this game - exuded confidence against big-name players.

This might be the year where RJ is the big name player. Out of all games I missed the best game of the season.

But love what I’m hearing on RJ and Money Mitch. Wondering if Mitch play makes it easier or harder to trade for embiid.

Harder - meaning he might be a solid foundational center to keep
Easier - meaning his value to Philly might help with the potential embiid trade.

Mitch seems to be literally turning into a defensive force. Like teams have to game plan him.

So steady too. And the numbers are both proving him and team out.

The guards are now making that extra, extra rotation on the opposite side corner and getting back too. It's really nice to watch

Man, when IQ got to that corner with the ball, I was impressed. There were no lazy feet on defense that 4th quarter.

This is the Randle.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/7/2023  10:12 AM
RJ has clearly worked on the consistency of his shooting stroke and looks smooth. Not only is he hitting the 3, but he has been impressive at the FT line. He has a very long way to go to keep these percentages up, but this has been an impressive start of the season for him. Of course its tempered by the knee issue, hopefully that's not a lingering thing this season.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/7/2023  10:15 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:Robinson is playing like it's a contract year. So impressive.

His steals are impressing me. Knocking balls loose down more than up these days.

His defense has been phenomenal and his offensive rebounding has been extra planetary. Not for nothing I also feel like Hartenstein's interior D has been Grade A as well, and his hustle has been off the charts. Given how off Randle and Brunson have been (compared to last year), and missing 2 games of RJ - to me the major reason why we have been competitive against some tough teams is the interior D and rebounding, and those 2 guys are the key.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

11/7/2023  10:35 AM
Great win. Caught me by surprise. The storyline to me so far, is how much RJ has shown his worth to this team. We missed him badly and his 3rd option (maybe 2nd this year) scoring is much needed on this team.

DD was awesome last night. He's like a smaller Hart who can shoot.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/7/2023  10:35 AM
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Wow - no one wants to post when we win AND Randle plays well. Great win!

I think fans are still exhausted from the loss’s that we should’ve won. I honestly forgot we played and was watching Monday night football.

We’re currently on page 3. Thread for Knicks close loss to Bucks - 8 pages. Thread for Knicks loss to Cavs - 9 pages. Knicks win over Cavs - 4 pages. This is nothing new. And anyone can peek at those longer threads to see what most were focused on.

Is it possible some posters prefer to criticize and complain? And of course that is their Constitutional right!

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

11/7/2023  10:39 AM
martin wrote:Going small with iHart in the second unit is so much fun to watch.

Cutters, defenders, shooters. McBride would fit right in too.

Yes on all above ——- hoping for a day when we have a starting unit that could at least have the ball and bodies flying around/moving/cutting.

[Game Thread 11/6/23] Knicks vs Clippers 7:30PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy