[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hold the Curry?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/23/2004  8:32 AM
Wire reports this morning mentions TALKS between Bulls-Nuggs trading Tyson Chandler for NENE.

I thought Bulls were happy with Chandler, and Im surprised Nuggs want to move NENE.

I don't see how a this works for either. Nene really can't help then RIGHT NOW, and Chandler would get buried until Camby gets hurt. Which could be soon of course. Chandler has not proven durable either.

I would have thought Curry the first to go. I see KT as being able to help either team right away. Bulls are about to lose their fans, Nuggs I thought would make a run for Kidd, but KT gives them somthing they don't have right now. A front line of KT, KM, Camby and Carmelo is nice. Can even go big and sit carmelo in brief stretch. Kt gives you the midrange shot.

I like KT, but a Curry/nene, Ariza, sweets front line is very young, and I am willing to take two steps back to make that big leap forward in two -three years!

Could this be a part of a 3 way with nets? Got much more salary to get, but do nets want chandler instead of Nay Nay?
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/23/2004  4:15 PM
Nuggets talking trade for Chandler
By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter

November 23, 2004

PHOENIX -- Denver and the Bulls have discussed a trade that would send fourth-year big man Tyson Chandler to the Nuggets, according to two league sources.

The talks only advance the growing perception that general manager John Paxson will trade either Chandler or Eddy Curry between now and the February trade deadline.

Curry has been linked in trade talks with the Knicks, among other teams.

The Bulls would seek a big man in return for Chandler, and a logical target is Nene, a 6-foot-11-inch, 260-pound power forward. The third-year player is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury and recently had his fourth-year option exercised by Denver. Nene makes $2.4 million.

Other salaries would need to be included to match Chandler's $4.8 million salary. One possibility is third-year big man Nikoloz Tskitishvili, who makes $2.9 million and whose fourth-year option was recently declined by Denver.

Denver general manager Kiki Vandeweghe has a long history with Chandler, dating back to shared Los Angeles backgrounds and big man camps.

End

Funny, Denver trades both players they drafted ahead of Amare Staudamire!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/23/2004  6:57 PM
The reason the Bulls want to trade Chandler is that he's a young player with upside. The Bulls like to hold onto that kind of player for a few years and then trade him right before he peaks.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
11/23/2004  8:15 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

The reason the Bulls want to trade Chandler is that he's a young player with upside. The Bulls like to hold onto that kind of player for a few years and then trade him right before he peaks.
exactly
http://allknicks.com
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/23/2004  8:36 PM
nalod, right now Kt is playing the best ball of his career, which would make sense to trade him now while his stock is skyrocketing, but that will hurt the knicks, we will take a step backwards for sur, but if IT can obtain, nene or chandler, it will show that he is truly building for the future and still trying to win some games now, but ultimately a guy like chandler or nene along with craw, marbs, ariza and sweetney can be a nice team in the future...

I wonder what fishmike thinks about this since KT has become on of his more liked knicks players of late...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
USA
11/23/2004  10:09 PM
Actually, since the Bulls lost Lenard for the season and Doleac (free agency) they could desperately use someone like Kurt who can hit perimeter jump shots. They have enough young talented players. I could really see both teams doing a Nene for Kurt trade.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/23/2004  10:41 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Actually, since the Bulls lost Lenard for the season and Doleac (free agency) they could desperately use someone like Kurt who can hit perimeter jump shots. They have enough young talented players. I could really see both teams doing a Nene for Kurt trade.

You mean the Nuggets, but I agree.
Bonn1997
USA
11/23/2004  11:20 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:

You mean the Nuggets, but I agree.
Yeah, Nuggets. Sorry
Hold the Curry?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy