Member: #2
USA
12/2/2023  5:52 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Bol Bol? he has played 6 minutes over just 3 games this season.
He is rostered on PHX.
Garuba? He in the Gleague has yet to play an NBA game.
I see you want to prove a point.
Who else you want to "what do we have to lose" ? You look at the G league roster? Thats a good start. Cuz that at least tells you something.

Again your stating that to say those players wouldn't play for the Knicks and help when one of RJ, Randall, or Hart is out or if we need more size due to match ups or foul trouble, more so then Windler, Ryan, or Jeffries does right?? But again I bring up young players that could have been obtained for nothing with no risk. Bol Bol is behind so many players on the Phoenix depth chart but they still took a shot on him. Bol Bol however would be the fourth forward on our roster. Can you name the fourth one on our current roster ? Same for Garuba he would be our fourth forward and able to play more so then Windler, Ryan, or Jeffries. We just saw players from Phoenix who are outside their rotation clean our clocks. Their 10,11,12 men helped defeat our healthy squad on the road Depth is good not bad.

Jericho Sims. Jacob Toppin. No better or worse than Garuba. Or Bol Bol.

Taj Old Man Gibson is warming up and keeping limber with lubes and lubes of Bengay, you know Thibs knows he is a phone call away.

Why do you keep listing Ryan? We all know he is Villanova royalty and there only to help with coat checks and valet parking.

Jericho Simms, lol. Recall how Thibs was talking him up in the preseason, lol. He is not better at the 4 then Bol Bol or Garuba. Now Toppin is getting me optimistic but he could still have been on his current deal while we could have had a vet like JaMychael Green or Bol or Garuba instead of Jeffries or Windler. I am just mentioning these players on vet deals to avoid discussing the slaley cap. There is no choice now but to wait to see what they do. Just hope Randall, Hart, and RJ are healthy. Team is playing well. I'm happy to watch games. Just wish we had more depth Incase of an injury to the front court.

That's an opinion without much weight

The merit is that Simms hasn't been used.

Let us know what you think of the minutes Bol Bol and Garuba have garnered this year. Or last.

I’m especially interested in your thoughts on Garuba, I was big on him and would have loved for the Knicks to snag him earlier this year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/2/2023  6:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2023  6:27 PM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
He is rostered on PHX.
Who else you want to "what do we have to lose" ? You look at the G league roster? Thats a good start. Cuz that at least tells you something.

Again your stating that to say those players wouldn't play for the Knicks and help when one of RJ, Randall, or Hart is out or if we need more size due to match ups or foul trouble, more so then Windler, Ryan, or Jeffries does right?? But again I bring up young players that could have been obtained for nothing with no risk. Bol Bol is behind so many players on the Phoenix depth chart but they still took a shot on him. Bol Bol however would be the fourth forward on our roster. Can you name the fourth one on our current roster ? Same for Garuba he would be our fourth forward and able to play more so then Windler, Ryan, or Jeffries. We just saw players from Phoenix who are outside their rotation clean our clocks. Their 10,11,12 men helped defeat our healthy squad on the road Depth is good not bad.

Taj Old Man Gibson is warming up and keeping limber with lubes and lubes of Bengay, you know Thibs knows he is a phone call away.

Why do you keep listing Ryan? We all know he is Villanova royalty and there only to help with coat checks and valet parking.

Jericho Simms, lol. Recall how Thibs was talking him up in the preseason, lol. He is not better at the 4 then Bol Bol or Garuba. Now Toppin is getting me optimistic but he could still have been on his current deal while we could have had a vet like JaMychael Green or Bol or Garuba instead of Jeffries or Windler. I am just mentioning these players on vet deals to avoid discussing the slaley cap. There is no choice now but to wait to see what they do. Just hope Randall, Hart, and RJ are healthy. Team is playing well. I'm happy to watch games. Just wish we had more depth Incase of an injury to the front court.

Let us know what you think of the minutes Bol Bol and Garuba have garnered this year. Or last.

I’m especially interested in your thoughts on Garuba, I was big on him and would have loved for the Knicks to snag him earlier this year.

I don't get it... Your aversion to admit the team failed to address the back up forward spot. I am using bottom basement examples only to indicate we could have used the vet min at the very least. No risk to the tax aprons no long term commitments, depth pieces who could play and contribute situationally better then Simms. We have no one behind Josh Hart. Would have preferred they did even more then that but for the sake of making the argument I'm using vet min low risk players. You don't like my examples pick another perhaps I missed. Also just because Garuba or Bol aren't playing elsewhere doesn't mean they wouldn't play here. Predetermined outcomes don't really work in real life. But anyway... Let's just hope the three forwards we have make it all season without any injuries. Knicks are good I enjoy them. But if our Plan A ain't working we could use some more versatility and size at times. A little more depth we would have won 2 -4 more games I think. I want them to win as many games as they can

martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
12/2/2023  6:36 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
He is rostered on PHX.

I don't get it... Your aversion to admit the team failed to address the back up forward spot. I am using bottom basement examples only to indicate we could have used the vet min at the very least. No risk to the tax aprons no long term commitments, depth pieces who could play and contribute situationally better then Simms. We have no one behind Josh Hart. Would have preferred they did even more then that but for the sake of making the argument I'm using vet min low risk players. You don't like my examples pick another perhaps I missed. Also just because Garuba or Bol aren't playing elsewhere doesn't mean they wouldn't play here. Predetermined outcomes don't really work in real life. But anyway... Let's just hope the three forwards we have make it all season without any injuries. Knicks are good I enjoy them. But if our Plan A ain't working we could use some more versatility and size at times. A little more depth we would have won 2 -4 more games I think. I want them to win as many games as they can

It’s a good hill to die on and rest in peace

Alpha1971

12/2/2023  7:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2023  7:39 PM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
He is rostered on PHX.

It’s a good hill to die on and rest in peace go

How dramatic of you. I am alive and kicking 💪 💪. The only way I can be proven wrong is if the team loses games due to absences of Randall, Hart, and RJ. I hope we don't but if the team sustains injuries to them and due to a lack of depth we lose games we all lose Anyway team has bet that their forwards won't get injured or will not have any slumps or foul trouble. Hope their right. Or they will address the issue before the deadline if not hope the plan works out as they invision it without any unforseen difficulties.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/2/2023  7:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2023  7:18 PM
So far this is turned out to be a big nothing burger. Nova Corp finishing games strong

I checked Obi’s stats this year and they are exactly the same except he’s playing more minutes and scoring a few more points. Averaging 24 min and 12pts.

Alpha1971

12/2/2023  7:28 PM
Rookie wrote:So far this is turned out to be a big nothing burger. Nova Corp finishing games strong

I checked Obi’s stats this year and they are exactly the same except he’s playing more minutes and scoring a few more points. Averaging 24 min and 12pts.

Team is good and entertaining. Team is good. I maintain with more depth at the forward spot so far we may have won at least two more games if not four. I can't prove that of course just my speculation. My concern is over the course of the season players miss games and have slumps or foul trouble. We have great depth at the 1,2 and 5. We beat inferior teams like Toronto, Charlotte, and lost to a team like Phoenix missing three starters, and to the better teams. We need a combo forward to fill out this team. Season is a long one and **** happens

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/2/2023  8:13 PM
Rookie wrote:So far this is turned out to be a big nothing burger. Nova Corp finishing games strong

I checked Obi;s stats this year and they are exactly the same except he;s playing more minutes and scoring a few more points. Averaging 24 min and 12pts.

Too early to state that.
Randle hasn't missed any games yet.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/2/2023  8:48 PM
Knixkik wrote:KJ Martin is another name to put out there. He was decent on a bad Houston team. Hasn’t played much in LA or Philly. On a Knicks team he could serve as a backup 3/4 but not necessarily require regular rotation minutes. But he’s proven enough to be helpful. He’s a free agent this summer and just signed to CAA. Like a smaller Obi. Just a guy to keep an eye on.

Always been intrigued with KJ but if you really look at him he has J Harts body/height -- we'd be bringing in another undersized 4 (in terms of length and rim protection) and he's not a great shooter. He does however have some great dunks - not sure about his D.

LivingLegend

12/2/2023  8:49 PM
martin wrote:

I proposed attaching Williams in a DeRozan trade but my proposal had RJ/Fournier going out.

At least in that scenario we are bringing in a legit scorer and Williams would be a young, long, defensive wing with upside / potential.

LivingLegend

12/2/2023  8:51 PM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
He is rostered on PHX.

Isn't Garuba kind of like Mitchy on offense without the dunking? Good passer / defender though.

LivingLegend

12/2/2023  8:54 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
He is rostered on PHX.

None of these guys getting (4) minutes over Hart - like or not Thibs addressed the back-up for with J-Hart (his decision).

And also - we all clamored for more small ball the past few years. Now we are getting it and we are all (me too) wanting more size at the 4. I suspect in a pinch the guy we are all trying to find is actually Sims (the emergency 4).

Alpha1971

12/2/2023  9:24 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
He is rostered on PHX.

None of these guys getting (4) minutes over Hart - like or not Thibs addressed the back-up for with J-Hart (his decision).

And also - we all clamored for more small ball the past few years. Now we are getting it and we are all (me too) wanting more size at the 4. I suspect in a pinch the guy we are all trying to find is actually Sims (the emergency 4).

I'm greedy I want the team to be able to be able to olay small and big ball depending on matchups...trade for Tari Eason...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/3/2023  9:11 AM
Panos wrote:

I checked Obi;s stats this year and they are exactly the same except he;s playing more minutes and scoring a few more points. Averaging 24 min and 12pts.

Too early to state that.

MMMMMM Nothingburger...

I agree, Its also about matchups.

Rookie

12/3/2023  10:57 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:

Too early to state that.

MMMMMM Nothingburger...

When we make shots from the perimeter we win easily. BOOM! Mind blown. Even if we had a b/u PF and Randle missed time they aren’t going to replace his production. This whole argument is built on a foundation of cry baby BS 😂 waaaaaah, we didn’t sign a back up PF waaaaaah 🤣 how are we going to win the playoffs waaaaaah

GustavBahler

12/3/2023  11:18 AM
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:

Too early to state that.

MMMMMM Nothingburger...

When we make shots from the perimeter we win easily. BOOM! Mind blown. Even if we had a b/u PF and Randle missed time they aren’t going to replace his production. This whole argument is built on a foundation of cry baby BS 😂 waaaaaah, we didn’t sign a back up PF waaaaaah 🤣 how are we going to win the playoffs waaaaaah

You're the one who sounds like they're having a tantrum Rookie.

Looking for a backup PF was based on the fact that we dont have one. That Randle is recovering from ankle surgery. Which I pointed out early on as the cause of his slump.

Recovering from one injury often forces an athlete to compensate, resulting in other injuries. Still a lot of games left. We got outmuscled last season by bigger teams like the Kings. Playoffs are about matchups, we could use another PF for depth, and insurance.

Rookie

12/3/2023  11:34 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:

Too early to state that.

MMMMMM Nothingburger...

Looking for a backup PF was based on the fact that we dont have one. That Randle is recovering from ankle surgery. Which I pointed out early on as the cause of his slump.

Recovering from one injury often forces an athlete to compensate, resulting in other injuries. Still a lot of games left. We got outmuscled last season by bigger teams like the Kings. Playoffs are about matchups, we could use another PF for depth, and insurance.

I’m just messing around. Please don’t take that last bit seriously. We have room at the end of the roster if someone comes available and we are weeks away from the first trading milestone Dec 15th. Right now as constructed there hasn’t been a problem. I’d rather have Hart out there than some scrub.

Alpha1971

12/4/2023  9:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2023  9:04 PM
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Panos wrote:

Too early to state that.

MMMMMM Nothingburger...

I’m just messing around. Please don’t take that last bit seriously. We have room at the end of the roster if someone comes available and we are weeks away from the first trading milestone Dec 15th. Right now as constructed there hasn’t been a problem. I’d rather have Hart out there than some scrub.

But we have scrubs on the roster but non that play a position of need at the 3 and 4. What Leon Rose did was what a 25 year old with good health does when they choose not to sign up for health insurance. Or what a person who just buys a top of the line Mercedes but chooses to get the lowest level car insurance. It will work if everything goes to plan. But if it don't we don't even have the lowest level auto insurance at the 3 and 4. I don't understand why.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
12/7/2023  2:52 PM
GustavBahler

12/23/2023  2:58 PM
Randle isnt limping up the court. But during the breaks in the action, Randle is walking gingerly on his ankle. Ankle injuries tend to linger, especially if you play on a consistent basis.

I hope the FO is trying to find a good backup PF. Still a lot of games to go.

Alpha1971

12/23/2023  3:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2023  3:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Randle isnt limping up the court. But during the breaks in the action, Randle is walking gingerly on his ankle. Ankle injuries tend to linger, especially if you play on a consistent basis.

I hope the FO is trying to find a good backup PF. Still a lot of games to go.

I think us fans are more passionate than the front office.
Any good backup PFs out there?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy