Any good backup PFs out there?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2024  7:56 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Yep, found him.

He’s been so good that keeping him may be the challenge now.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2024  8:06 AM
THat, or are we a system/Culture team that can fill in certain types snd they perform? Sort of what good teams do year after year? Like Miami?

Not my words but its been written “Play to the system/coach and Thibs gets you paid”.
Maybe not here, but players are coming here and elevating their careers. IHart, Randle, Brunson. Josh Hart, IQ and RJ all doing well. OG came here and he was Kawhi ****ing leonard for a few weeks!

I give precious credit, but are there others at lower pricing? ALso, it he a dog, or just one that wants to get paid and will chill once settled? I don’t know, but I have to ask.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/23/2024  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2024  10:17 AM
I bumped this thread simply because there was a lot of concern over the backup PF position and turns out rightly so. Interesting as always to go to the front of a long thread and see what was said - Obi regret, bring back Taj, the obligatory crapping on Randle and Thibs, fantasy acquisitions. Anyway, going forward is one thing, but for the time being it turns out the FO got the guy. Just in the Nick of time too it would seem.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2024  10:21 AM
KnickDanger wrote:I bumped this thread simply because there was a lot of concern over the backup PF position and turns out rightly so. Interesting as always to go to the front of a long thread and see what was said - Obi regret, bring back Taj, the obligatory crapping on Randle and Thibs, fantasy acquisitions. Anyway, going forward is one thing, but for the time being it turns out the FO got the guy. Just in the Nick of time too it would seem.

The 2 trades were flawless execution. They needed bigger wings/ backup forwards and landed the 2 perfect ones in OG and Achiuwa. OG fit so perfectly because he’s a starting wing but can easily slide to the 4 with the backup unit. And then Achiuwa seems to be the perfect natural PF. Then once Randle and Anunoby went down it seems the Knicks needs to address some forward depth ontop of bench scoring. Landing Bogs and Burks did exactly that. You can’t find more perfect trade execution for what the needs were at the time.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/23/2024  10:34 AM
KnickDanger wrote:I bumped this thread simply because there was a lot of concern over the backup PF position and turns out rightly so. Interesting as always to go to the front of a long thread and see what was said - Obi regret, bring back Taj, the obligatory crapping on Randle and Thibs, fantasy acquisitions. Anyway, going forward is one thing, but for the time being it turns out the FO got the guy. Just in the Nick of time too it would seem.

One the first page, I didnt see "crapping on Randle" He was still recovering from ankle surgery, which I was the first person on this board to point out as the cause. Even before Randle admitted it weeks later. Randle was also playing very poorly, and we needed help with Obi traded.

I didnt see any "Obi regret" I did see an acknowlegment that Obi wasnt a "Thibs kind of player" and it was imperative that the FO finds one. Which I said that the FO would do in November.

The only "crapping" I see is you "crapping" on other poster's opinions in hindsight, and not even managing to get that right.

KnickDanger

2/23/2024  10:40 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

One the first page, I didnt see "crapping on Randle" He was still recovering from ankle surgery, which I was the first person on this board to point out as the cause. Even before Randle admitted it weeks later. Randle was also playing very poorly, and we needed help with Obi traded.

I didnt see any "Obi regret" I did see an acknowlegment that Obi wasnt a "Thibs kind of player" and it was imperative that the FO finds one. Which I said that the FO would do in November.

The only "crapping" I see is you "crapping" on other poster's opinions in hindsight, and not even managing to get that right.

I have learned there is no good purpose in addressing your ham handed sophistry, in engaging with you at all. You make it personal - funny how you have this issue with multiple posters.

You wrestle with a pig, you get dirty. And the pig likes it. Enjoy your mud.

GustavBahler

2/23/2024  10:47 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I have learned there is no good purpose in addressing your ham handed sophistry, in engaging with you at all. You make it personal - funny how you have this issue with multiple posters.

You wrestle with a pig, you get dirty. And the pig likes it. Enjoy your mud.

You spend an inordinate amount of time crapping on other posters opinions. Last season your first and last word was "hater". You've spend more time on this board calling out other posters than backing up your insults with facts.

Dirty? No, I'm just not willing to throw stones like you do. Its easier for you than tallking hoops I guess.

You disagree with me back it up with something other than insults. Loser.

Nalod
USA
2/23/2024  10:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2024  10:56 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Just so we clear, your doing what you accuse others of doing and have stated disapproval of it.
If that's ok with you so be it. But when you feel victimized perhaps you don't recognize certain things you say that set it off.
You can take the high road, or the low one. "Loser"? You went in the gutter.
You might disagree with KnicksDanger OPINION, but then you go to a different place with it.

GustavBahler

2/23/2024  11:05 AM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Just so we clear, your doing what you accuse others of doing and have stated disapproval of it.
If that's ok with you so be it. But when you feel victimized perhaps you don't recognize certain things you say that set it off.
You might disagree with KnicksDanger OPINION, but then you go to a different place with it.

You are absolutely the last person on this board EVER who should be chiming in on this subject. I know you cant help yourself. So I will do the next best thing to you showing some impulse control (for once in your life), and no longer respond. Its either that or you put your money where your enormous mouth is.

Nalod
USA
2/23/2024  12:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You are absolutely the last person on this board EVER who should be chiming in on this subject. I know you cant help yourself. So I will do the next best thing to you showing some impulse control (for once in your life), and no longer respond. Its either that or you put your money where your enormous mouth is.

You are telling us your not doing it, while you are actually doing it.

KnickDanger

2/23/2024  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2024  3:14 PM
I thought I was making a point about our good fortune in finding Precious and how opinions and an overview can shift. I have spoken up for Randle and Thibs when it seemed the mob wanted them tarrred and feathered and have returned sentiments in kind with "the dislikers." Funny how endless slagging against them (or the FO) isn't an issue but speak up about it and you're out of line. In retrospect I feel justified. Glad three time all star Julius Randle wasn't traded with #1's for peanuts and Coach of the Year candidate Thibs wasn't canned. But who cares? We made our points.

Gustav, I really don't want any more exchanges with you. Disagreeing, arguing, the occasional kerfluffle - I am fine with that. But for whatever reason with you and me it's just unpleasant and nasty. Neither of us needs that.

GustavBahler

2/23/2024  3:44 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I thought I was making a point about our good fortune in finding Precious and how opinions and an overview can shift. I have spoken up for Randle and Thibs when it seemed the mob wanted them tarrred and feathered and have returned sentiments in kind with "the dislikers." Funny how endless slagging against them (or the FO) isn't an issue but speak up about it and you're out of line. In retrospect I feel justified. Glad three time all star Julius Randle wasn't traded with #1's for peanuts and Coach of the Year candidate Thibs wasn't canned. But who cares? We made our points.

Gustav, I really don't want any more exchanges with you. Disagreeing, arguing, the occasional kerfluffle - I am fine with that. But for whatever reason with you and me it's just unpleasant and nasty. Neither of us needs that.

Agree 100 percent. You bumped a thread I started and made passive aggressive comments about what was said in the first page. Comments that were completely false.

What I see is someone who cant understand why anyone would push back on your endless trolling?. You say stuff about other posters opinions Over and over again. And what happens when you get called on it? "Who me?"

Those comments almost never come with and argument as to why someone has it wrong. Thats the diferrence between you, a handful of posters on this board, and everyone else. Happy to add one more ignore.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2024  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2024  4:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I thought I was making a point about our good fortune in finding Precious and how opinions and an overview can shift. I have spoken up for Randle and Thibs when it seemed the mob wanted them tarrred and feathered and have returned sentiments in kind with "the dislikers." Funny how endless slagging against them (or the FO) isn't an issue but speak up about it and you're out of line. In retrospect I feel justified. Glad three time all star Julius Randle wasn't traded with #1's for peanuts and Coach of the Year candidate Thibs wasn't canned. But who cares? We made our points.

Agree 100 percent. You bumped a thread I started and made passive aggressive comments about what was said in the first page. Comments that were completely false.

What I see is someone who cant understand why anyone would push back on your endless trolling?. You say stuff about other posters opinions Over and over again. And what happens when you get called on it? "Who me?"

Those comments almost never come with and argument as to why someone has it wrong. Thats the diferrence between you, a handful of posters on this board, and everyone else. Happy to add one more ignore.

GustavBahler, you read way too much into everything and become unnecessarily defensive and are the instigator of all this type of back and forth. Everyone is telling you this.

You are picking fights where there are none. More meds or less meds! One or the other!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

2/23/2024  3:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2024  3:59 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

GustavBahler, you read way too much into everything and become unnecessarily defensive and are the instigator of all this type of back and forth. Everyone is telling you this.

Please cut it out. You are picking fights where there are none.

You stopped being an honest broker many years ago Martin. I cant remember a single time in the last decade where something that was said to me, no matter how offensive. That made you suddenly decide to act like a Mod again. Ive been OK with that until you started defending some of them as well.

I dont call posters "haters" or question their fandom. If I disagree with their take about a player, I keep it to hoops unless another poster cant.

Your board, your rules Martin. Just wish you werent so damned selective about enforcing them.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2024  4:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You stopped being an honest broker many years ago Martin. I cant remember a single time in the last decade where something that was said to me, no matter how offensive. That made you suddenly decide to act like a Mod again. Ive been OK with that until you started defending some of them as well.

I dont call posters "haters" or question their fandom. If I disagree with their take about a player, I keep it to hoops unless another poster cant.

Your board, your rules Martin. Just wish you werent so damned selective about enforcing them.

GustavBahler literally nothing was being said to you. KnickDanger generically responded to the thread and you took it from there.

That is your paranoia taking over.

I am going to enjoy happy hour. May your evening find the same.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

2/23/2024  4:57 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

GustavBahler literally nothing was being said to you. KnickDanger generically responded to the thread and you took it from there.

Ten plus years on this board and Ive never gotten one call my way "ref". You call it "paranoia". I call it something else.

If you cant call it straight you shouldnt call it at all Martin. Enjoy your drinking.

Nalod
USA
2/23/2024  5:56 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Ten plus years on this board and Ive never gotten one call my way "ref". You call it "paranoia". I call it something else.

If you cant call it straight you shouldnt call it at all Martin. Enjoy your drinking.

Really, "Leave Brittney Alone" movement had some traction in hindsight. We should have listened and left her alone.
Maybe we need to listen to Gustav? Be a kinder, more gentler knick fan base?
When your wrong, not call each other out, but embrace each others and let them know its a safe place to express an opinion as a fact and not be called out for it. That name calling is ok if one is being victimized. Gustav wanted Randle to have a back up, someone warm and fuzzy to catch him when he is down. After all, Gustav only crime was he after 6 games thought Randle would never return to even better stature! Why bump this thread and imply humiliations? Not very nice!
We should have celebrated his call to the FO to get a back up! If not for that, perhaps Leon and Co. never pull the trigger on that trade for Precious. While should not matter that it was a contact injury, not an ankle injury, Gustov was there to to promote the back up plea. If not for him, well, who knows what could happened? Our season lost forever! Thank you Gustav, Thank you Chris:

Nalod
USA
2/23/2024  6:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Any good backup PFs out there?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy