[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Any good backup PFs out there?
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/23/2023  8:44 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Randle isnt limping up the court. But during the breaks in the action, Randle is walking gingerly on his ankle. Ankle injuries tend to linger, especially if you play on a consistent basis.

I hope the FO is trying to find a good backup PF. Still a lot of games to go.

I think us fans are more passionate than the front office.

Thank goodness.
AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

12/23/2023  9:16 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Randle isnt limping up the court. But during the breaks in the action, Randle is walking gingerly on his ankle. Ankle injuries tend to linger, especially if you play on a consistent basis.

Thank goodness.

I get what you mean. Fans can be more passionate then responsible. However, maybe the front office is more complacent and satisfied just to keep their jobs for the time being then display out of the box creativity. This team won't improve until they display creative out of the box thinking to shake up the roster. I don't know what the answer is but I'm afraid they are just happy to remain at this level. It's a vast improvement then over the last decade but us not being able to compete against the top level teams and beating the mediocre teams is gonna get old really fast

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/24/2023  1:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2023  1:55 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Thank goodness.

I get what you mean. Fans can be more passionate then responsible. However, maybe the front office is more complacent and satisfied just to keep their jobs for the time being then display out of the box creativity. This team won't improve until they display creative out of the box thinking to shake up the roster. I don't know what the answer is but I'm afraid they are just happy to remain at this level. It's a vast improvement then over the last decade but us not being able to compete against the top level teams and beating the mediocre teams is gonna get old really fast

Nothing in your responses refutes my point. That Randle is still hurt, with many games to go.

We are talking about adding a backup PF, not shaking up the entire roster. Weird stuff guys.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/24/2023  9:47 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Thank goodness.

You have no answer but you know all moves to "Shake it up" would improve things? Sometimes it makes it worse.
We have no clue to what the attempts are and take for granted the things that do work.

Fans be like they the only ones that see our lack of height for PF beyond Jules?
"Taller is better". FO does not agree. "Its not logical". Well, its thinking outside the box!!!
"Not my box"....Thats another story.

Lets sign a back up guard to a 100mil contract, nearly double what his team could have offered. Thats Brunson. It was a risk. Outside the box of logic by most accounts at that moment. . It was freaking brilliant. Now its "Man, if we don't improve after each loss its going to get old".
Yes, more wins are best.
Yes, RJ is not great mostly when we lose.
Randle is mostly not great when we lose.
We are not a top tier team and thus our losses vs. Boston and Milwaukee are numerically high for this part of the season. Im assuming we all think we lose tomorrow.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/24/2023  10:05 AM
Those who lament not going after KP discount the effect white and holiday have on the Celtics.
Derrick White was a steal. Good defender. Holiday we know is excellent.
the move to get white makes one think just WTF Spurs are thinking. Also they are kind of messing with Wemby with that awful team around him.
Pop? The grab the mic thing with fans booed Kahwai was weird. His coaching is weird. The Sochan at PG was weird.
Perhaps he has a long view that obviously we don't see but the whispers are starting to happen.
KnickDanger

12/24/2023  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2023  11:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Thank goodness.

Nothing in your responses refutes my point. That Randle is still hurt, with many games to go.

We are talking about adding a backup PF, not shaking up the entire roster. Weird stuff guys.

Wasn’t seeking to refute your point for the record. Just making mine - I think it’s good that our FO doesn’t make moves out of “passion.” Whether it’s for a backup PF or “a star.”

Also is fine fans have passion as in “fanatic.” And bound to be stoked after another loss to the league’s elite.

GustavBahler

12/24/2023  12:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2023  12:17 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Thank goodness.

Wasn’t seeking to refute your point for the record. Just making mine - I think it’s good that our FO doesn’t make moves out of “passion.” Whether it’s for a backup PF or “a star.”

Also is fine fans have passion as in “fanatic.” And bound to be stoked after another loss to the league’s elite.

Not getting this "passion" angle. Its been a badly kept secret that we have no backup PF. Its uncommon for an NBA team to be in this position. Its been reportedly widely in the media that this is an issue that the Knicks need to address. And we do. Randle gets hurt we are F'ed

For some reason you seem to believe that this would be a panic move. Quite the opposite. Any implication that we should break the bank to find a PF, cant be found in any of my posts. Trading for a backup PF, when we have a roster full of guards is a logical move, not a "passionate" one.

Going into the season without a backup PF demonstrated PPP.

KnickDanger

12/24/2023  1:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Thank goodness.

Not getting this "passion" angle. Its been a badly kept secret that we have no backup PF. Its uncommon for an NBA team to be in this position. Its been reportedly widely in the media that this is an issue that the Knicks need to address. And we do. Randle gets hurt we are F'ed

For some reason you seem to believe that this would be a panic move. Quite the opposite. Any implication that we should break the bank to find a PF, cant be found in any of my posts. Trading for a backup PF, when we have a roster full of guards is a logical move, not a "passionate" one.

You just like to argue I think. It's like you didn't bother to read what I wrote - that would never happen on this board, right? Again - NOT refuting your point, not making a comment on getting a backup PF or any move. My simple point, I approve of a FO that doesn't make moves out of passion - or "panic" if you will (a word you choose to put in my mouth). I was responding to Alpha's post about fan passion vs that of the FO. It's not always about you, man.

I do approve of improving our big man depth and any moves to make the team better - and I trust the rational approach of this FO far more than previous ones or the pressure from fans and media to "get it done."

By all means let's get a back up power forward in that manner.

GustavBahler

12/24/2023  1:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Thank goodness.

You just like to argue I think. It's like you didn't bother to read what I wrote - that would never happen on this board, right? Again - NOT refuting your point, not making a comment on getting a backup PF or any move. My simple point, I approve of a FO that doesn't make moves out of passion - or "panic" if you will (a word you choose to put in my mouth). I was responding to Alpha's post about fan passion vs that of the FO. It's not always about you, man.

I do approve of improving our big man depth and any moves to make the team better - and I trust the rational approach of this FO far more than previous ones or the pressure from fans and media to "get it done."

By all means let's get a back up power forward in that manner.

This is silly. Go back and read my post that you and Alpha responded to. Please point out where I suggested that the FO should do anything hasty. I did say with Randle looking like his ankle is still bothering him, that I hope the FO is looking to get a backup.

Where it went weird is where you guys chimed in about "fan passion" and drastic changes to the roster.

Not arguing for arguing sake. You chose a post which had no hyperbole, or an expressed desire for a rushed trade, and made it about fans wanting to make panic moves.

You want to talk about passionate fans, choose the right post to make your point. This sure wasnt it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/24/2023  3:23 PM
Outside of McBride, there really aren’t any practical moves to trade a guard from the Knicks roster that make sense at this time.

Fournier is being kept for a bigger target trade.

IQ Grimes are not backup PF trade assets, same as Fournier.

Josh Hart and DDV are here to stay, couldn’t have been traded cause of their recent signings, and their contracts don’t make too much sense to trade yet, if at all.

Sometimes rosters are just a bit unbalanced and that’s OK too, especially when you have a player who plays as much as Randle.

If and when Randle gets hurt and is deemed to miss more than a couple of games, then you can worry about that scenario. But then it’s a completely different trajectory for the team and a low rent backup PF ain’t gonna make much of a difference.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

12/25/2023  11:39 AM
martin wrote:Outside of McBride, there really aren’t any practical moves to trade a guard from the Knicks roster that make sense at this time.

Fournier is being kept for a bigger target trade.

IQ Grimes are not backup PF trade assets, same as Fournier.

Josh Hart and DDV are here to stay, couldn’t have been traded cause of their recent signings, and their contracts don’t make too much sense to trade yet, if at all.

Sometimes rosters are just a bit unbalanced and that’s OK too, especially when you have a player who plays as much as Randle.

If and when Randle gets hurt and is deemed to miss more than a couple of games, then you can worry about that scenario. But then it’s a completely different trajectory for the team and a low rent backup PF ain’t gonna make much of a difference.

Sure, we get a scrub backup, it wont make much of a difference. We have enough scorers in the starting lineup to cover for Randle if he is out for a week or two. As long as that backup can play D and rebound. Hartenstein is more of a threat than Mitch on offense as well.

Doesnt make sense to be one of the few teams in the league without a backup PF on the roster. If there are any others. A few less minutes for Randle while he rehabs his ankle wouldnt be a bad thing.

Alpha1971

12/25/2023  1:07 PM
Merry Christmas all
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2024  6:19 PM
Told you Alpha was gonna be spot on
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Alpha1971

1/27/2024  6:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2024  6:40 PM
martin wrote:Told you Alpha was gonna be spot on

I had so many good vibes since we got OG and adjusted the roster to a more balanced roster that I wasn't going to return to the topic. But depth is never bad. I had thought a trade for Burks and Bogdovic might have been a thing
Bognovic can score fill in at the 3/4 for a while while Randle heals what you think about that as a bandaid
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/27/2024  6:43 PM
Y’all are going to hate this but Miles Bridges is very available
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/27/2024  6:59 PM
Rookie wrote:Y’all are going to hate this but Miles Bridges is very available

I threw up a little. I don’t think I could cheer for that guy.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
1/27/2024  7:14 PM
1) Herb Jones
2) Jonathan Isaac
3) Jarred Vanderbilt

For Monday, move OG to PF and slot Hart in as SF

Brunson
DDV
Hart
OG
Achiuwa

This is the Randle.
KnickDanger

1/27/2024  7:19 PM
Jacob Toppin.
Alpha1971

1/27/2024  7:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2024  7:22 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Jacob Toppin.

His time has come it is his destiny

Philc1
Member: #8897

1/28/2024  5:55 AM
Rookie wrote:I think Taj is out there as a FA

Taj is a center.

Any good backup PFs out there?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy