[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Any good backup PFs out there?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/4/2023  2:29 PM
Anyone you believe the FO should consider for a trade? Who would you give up?
AUTOADVERT
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

11/4/2023  3:27 PM
Lol any good backups? How about starting PF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2023  3:35 PM
Im sure Alpha can lay out a few good suggestions.
Im not being snarky. Its one thing to say it need be, but specific players and who gets traded matters.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/4/2023  3:54 PM
I think Taj is out there as a FA
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/4/2023  4:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  4:02 PM
there's no one left out there good enough to take minutes from any of our top 9-10 guys.

and no halfway decent player is going to come here to sit on the bench and play a few sporadic situational minutes.

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  5:57 PM
Rookie wrote:I think Taj is out there as a FA

That might work

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  6:03 PM
nycericanguy wrote:there's no one left out there good enough to take minutes from any of our top 9-10 guys.

and no halfway decent player is going to come here to sit on the bench and play a few sporadic situational minutes.

Maybe not in free agency, but by trade.

I said the same thing in another thread about FAs not wanting to sign for Obi's old role. But if Randle keeps playing like this, Thibs wont have any choice but to rely more on a good backup PF. If we had one.

I think we can all agree that Obi wasnt a Thibs kind of player. Important that the FO finds the kind of backup that will make Thibs happy to have on his roster. That will help bigly.

nycericanguy

11/4/2023  6:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  6:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:there's no one left out there good enough to take minutes from any of our top 9-10 guys.

I said the same thing in another thread about FAs not wanting to sign for Obi's old role. But if Randle keeps playing like this, Thibs wont have any choice but to rely more on a good backup PF. If we had one.

I think we can all agree that Obi wasnt a Thibs kind of player. Important that the FO finds the kind of backup that will make Thibs happy to have on his roster. That will help bigly.

I mean this team is going to live and die by Randle really. Randle isn't going to get his minutes cut significantly.

If we're talking trade I felt Deandre Hunter was a good small ball 4 to go after this past summer but that was assuming we'd trade Randle, and I think a Randle/IQ for KAT trade still makes some sense.

but a situational backup 4 isn't really going to change our fortunes much or be able to take minutes from our top 9-10 guys. It's not just backing up Randle, it's being better than Hart or RJ at the backup 4 as well.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/4/2023  6:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  6:16 PM
Nalod wrote:Im sure Alpha can lay out a few good suggestions.
Im not being snarky. Its one thing to say it need be, but specific players and who gets traded matters.

😂 This is a hoot, why am I on the spot to fix the team ? Not passive aggressive of you at all...Tried this all off season. Was told I'm fighting windmills... Don't limit your conversation to just power forwards include combo forwards. At this point of the season we are going to have to wait to near the deadline. Chance for the best deal has passed for the near future. It was all unnecessary this lack of readiness for potential eventualities. Interested in seeing what others write.

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  6:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  6:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

I'm looking at the Lakers and they have a stash of forwards that play behind AD and Lebron who play the 4. They acquired Rui, Vanderbilt last season but still acquired an other PF in a deal and then still added Reddish and I believe Christian Wood. They didn't just stick their nose at adding depth whether or not they would be in the rotation. Only the Knicks think that way. That is what is so frustrating.

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  6:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2023  6:17 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I mean this team is going to live and die by Randle really. Randle isn't going to get his minutes cut significantly.

Randle might be the worst starting PF in the league right now. The reason Thibs had ridden Randle so hard since becoming coach is because he felt that Jules put the team in the best position to win. I would argue to a fault. Im sure you would agree.

Thats not the case right now. If this keeps up, we have a quality backup. Im confident he will get more minutes than Obi.

Never thought Thibs would bench D. Rose from practically the start of a season. They go way back. Anything is possible.

Especially if the FO chimes in. They dont want this season to go down the tubes.

nycericanguy

11/4/2023  6:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Randle might be the worst starting PF in the league right now. The reason Thibs had ridden Randle so hard since becoming coach is because he felt that Jules put the team in the best position to win. I would argue to a fault. Im sure you would agree.

Thats not the case right now. If this keeps up, we have a quality backup. Im confident he will get more minutes than Obi.

Never thought Thibs would bench D. Rose from practically the start of a season. They way back. Anything is possible.

Especially if the FO chimes in. They dont want this season to go down the tubes.

through 6 games coming off surgery? sure... but he's also ALL NBA 2 of the last 3 years so he deserves and will get a long leash.

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  6:18 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I'm looking at the Lakers and they have a stash of forwards that play behind AD and Lebron who play the 4. They acquired Rui, Vanderbilt last off-season but still acquired an old other PF in a deal and then still added Reddish and I believe Christian Wood. They didn't just stick their nose at adding depth whether or not they would be in the rotation. Only the Knicks think that way. That is what is so frustrating.

Good point about their depth. It is frustrating but the current situation might press the FO into action.

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  6:24 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Never thought Thibs would bench D. Rose from practically the start of a season. They way back. Anything is possible.

through 6 games coming off surgery? sure... but he's also ALL NBA 2 of the last 3 years so he deserves and will get a long leash.

You bolded my first line, left out the context that follows, and suggest an argument I didnt come close to making. While parroting what Ive been saying about Randle's injury. WTF?

nycericanguy

11/4/2023  6:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

You bolded my first line, left out the context that follows, and suggest an argument I didnt come close to making. While parroting what Ive been saying about Randle's injury. WTF?

all good, just saying its way too early to talk about any role reduction.

I like Hart or RJ at the backup 4 but neither should be playing more than backup mins there.

GustavBahler

11/4/2023  6:37 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I like Hart or RJ at the backup 4 but neither should be playing more than backup mins there.

Never said anything about a role reduction. I'm talking about a slight minutes reduction.

As I said, someone good enough to get more minutes than Obi. Because he is a Thibs kind of player. That should be job one when the FO looks for a backup. Its a long season, I have no doubt they will.

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  6:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Never said anything about a role reduction. I'm talking about a slight minutes reduction.

As I said, someone good enough to get more minutes than Obi. Because he is a Thibs kind of player. That should be job one when the FO looks for a backup. Its a long season, I have no doubt they will.

Thibs kind of player is as limiting as a Phil Jackson type of player if you ask me.

MS
Member: #724
11/4/2023  9:21 PM
This is on Thibs.

Julius should be ****ing benched for his body language the other night. He’s a disgrace and needs to be moved. Brunson carried the load and for him to have the balls to throw his hands up and then half ass the defense leading to that layup says it all.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
11/4/2023  10:01 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If we're talking trade I felt Deandre Hunter was a good small ball 4 to go after this past summer but that was assuming we'd trade Randle, and I think a Randle/IQ for KAT trade still makes some sense.

but a situational backup 4 isn't really going to change our fortunes much or be able to take minutes from our top 9-10 guys. It's not just backing up Randle, it's being better than Hart or RJ at the backup 4 as well.

While I'd hate to lose IQ I would do a Randle and IQ for KAT trade as I think it gives us similar production (offensively and defensively) and gives us more roster options at the end of games when we can't afford to play 4 vs 5 offensively with Mitch. KAT boards well enough and isn't worse than Randle defensively. He's also younger, longer, etc...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2023  11:00 PM
And with Minny playing well and Randle not, does anyone think Minny really is hot to get randle.

Minny has not the Glen Taylor **** show anymore. Its a whole new FO and ownership. They put a lot into this team and spent a bloody lot to get Gorbert, I think they'd wait a while and see if their vision takes hold.

ANd yeah, All NBA two of last three coming off surgery and the first 6 games and fans freaking the **** out? Yikes.

Any good backup PFs out there?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy