[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Tournament Game Thread 11/3/23] Knicks at Bucks 7:30PM EST
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2023  3:23 PM
TheGame wrote:Bottom-line, this team is not talented enough to not have RJ out there scoring 18-22 points per game. We have missed him, and Randle's poor start and developing poor attitude is being to wear on me everyone.

Fixed

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

11/4/2023  3:26 PM
Is Randle injured? Something just isn't right. He isn't this bad
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/4/2023  3:29 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Typical of us to do the blame game, the trade thing without consideration for actual remifications, and the “I fear things, and because we are losing im right, I told you so, and I know better than Leon”

Misery loves company, and some of you are miserable!

Have had it. What ever gets you thru the games. Or not.

Randle, he has to play thru this and get to the other side of finding his conditioning, rhythm, and timing.
This is why he is being allowed to **** with your heads. Im not saying its 100% gonna work, but this is what they are doing.
Trades create other issues. Ones you can’t see yet. So they don’t exist.
WE all have our own fandom manners about us. Try to enjoy the season. Its a long one.

😂😂😂😂😂 So if a poster has an opinion different then yours about how the team was composed they are miserable ??? Only the fans who agreed with you support of the Front offices vision get to state their opinions with our you trying to shame them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 It doesn't work like that. I pay my fees for Knicks games and invest my time in their success as much as everyone else who disagrees with me. Team better do something sooner then later to fix this. How many guards we have and we are good with that roster imbalance, cause why ????

There is no shame in a different opinion. I think some here are over reacting and extrapolate the present into the future.
Sometimes we get over exuberant and when disappointed we get angry. The bipolar coaster of fandom is as such.
If Randle returns to form its because he needed to go thru this stretch to get his legs/rhythm and mojo back.
Thats my retort. You go on and freak the **** out and pin your metal on your chest because we don't have a suitable back up for him.
No names. No prices. Nothing you offer other than "We need it".
Yes, your right. Sort of. What if he turns the corner and starts to get it done?
Brunson has not looked great and I expect he too will return to form as he did last night in the second half.
Nalod
USA
11/4/2023  3:38 PM
Mrs Nalod comments when Grimes was interviewed in last nights game how fast he talked. Wondered if he was cranking the red bulls too much?
why does Thibs keep going to him? Same reason he went with those who have developed very well. All our yoots have been uneven but he has to give them minutes to develop. he has great faith in Grimes as he did Quick as well. At some point they sink or swim.
What is that point?
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/4/2023  3:38 PM
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Typical of us to do the blame game, the trade thing without consideration for actual remifications, and the “I fear things, and because we are losing im right, I told you so, and I know better than Leon”

Randle, he has to play thru this and get to the other side of finding his conditioning, rhythm, and timing.
This is why he is being allowed to **** with your heads. Im not saying its 100% gonna work, but this is what they are doing.
WE all have our own fandom manners about us. Try to enjoy the season. Its a long one.

😂😂😂😂😂 So if a poster has an opinion different then yours about how the team was composed they are miserable ??? Only the fans who agreed with you support of the Front offices vision get to state their opinions with our you trying to shame them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 It doesn't work like that. I pay my fees for Knicks games and invest my time in their success as much as everyone else who disagrees with me. Team better do something sooner then later to fix this. How many guards we have and we are good with that roster imbalance, cause why ????

There is no shame in a different opinion. I think some here are over reacting and extrapolate the present into the future.
Sometimes we get over exuberant and when disappointed we get angry. The bipolar coaster of fandom is as such.
If Randle returns to form its because he needed to go thru this stretch to get his legs/rhythm and mojo back.
Thats my retort. You go on and freak the **** out and pin your metal on your chest because we don't have a suitable back up for him.
Yes, your right. Sort of. What if he turns the corner and starts to get it done?
Brunson has not looked great and I expect he too will return to form as he did last night in the second half.

I think some fans have thought too much with their hearts and want to believe the team will be better then last year. I encountered fans here who get offended and hostile and the mere mentioning that the possibility exists that we might not be better than last year. Some interpret my points as being very negative. I don't know what more to say. When the front office does something good I will gladly say it. I have found recently if you mention possible trades you get met with " Thibs has his 9 man rotation, we can't make a deal we need our assets to make a bigger deal.. or something like that... ". Which just goes to the truth that the fans really have understood the rationale of this front office and it's lack of imagination. I don't know why I have to say more then " We need it " while other posters are allowed to say " Everything is just fine" without scrutiny... ?

Nalod
USA
11/4/2023  3:48 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

I think some fans have thought too much with their hearts and want to believe the team will be better then last year. I encountered fans here who get offended and hostile and the mere mentioning that the possibility exists that we might not be better than last year. Some interpret my points as being very negative. I don't know what more to say. When the front office does something good I will gladly say it. I have found recently if you mention possible trades you get met with " Thibs has his 9 man rotation, we can't make a deal we need our assets to make a bigger deal.. or something like that... ". Which just goes to the truth that the fans really have understood the rationale of this front office and it's lack of imagination. I don't know why I have to say more then " We need it " while other posters are allowed to say " Everything is just fine" without scrutiny... ?

you don't have to. But you can strive to be better than them?
your right though, "Continuity" was to assume Knicks would pick up from where we left off once Josh hart came and Brunson would would be even better! Give RJ a bit of an improvement and we are better than last year!!!
And we might still be.
but, Randle is off to a slow start. Blogs and Tweets POUNDING his slow start into bad Randle, or vs ATL playoff Randle is the freak out and we are back to micro evaluations his body language and project he sucks, and Thibs sucks for not coaching him thru it.

Am I worried?

Im worried about Ukraine. Im worried abut Israel and those living in Gaza under Hamas rule who put them in arms way, Im worried about my daughters pregnancy (all going great BTW), IM worried about sustained high interest rates and effect on economy, and Im worried about the bat **** crazy wing of the GOP. Im a radical centrist BTW.

Im not worried about Randle's slow start. I am worried about RJ's knee though.

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  4:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

your right though, "Continuity" was to assume Knicks would pick up from where we left off once Josh hart came and Brunson would would be even better! Give RJ a bit of an improvement and we are better than last year!!!
And we might still be.
but, Randle is off to a slow start. Blogs and Tweets POUNDING his slow start into bad Randle, or vs ATL playoff Randle is the freak out and we are back to micro evaluations his body language and project he sucks, and Thibs sucks for not coaching him thru it.

Am I worried?

Im worried about Ukraine. Im worried abut Israel and those living in Gaza under Hamas rule who put them in arms way, Im worried about my daughters pregnancy (all going great BTW), IM worried about sustained high interest rates and effect on economy, and Im worried about the bat **** crazy wing of the GOP. Im a radical centrist BTW.

I don't have to be better and I am not worse. Some posters come out against anyone who isn't sunshine and rainbows, and then I must decide the strategy for the team for all prospective moves, to be able to be critical ? Are the fans who love everything the team is doing similarly have to ??? I enjoy my life and take great enjoyment in the escape to real world stressors you alluded to. I am the ultimate pragmatist and centrist in real life. Which is why I am so perplexed as to why folks take criticism of a front office so to heart.. unless unless unless these guys are really the front office staff on their spare time, doing research on fan opinions. Lol 😂 I am not worried about the team cause if they lose they don't take any beans from my plate. But when they win it does add some pep to my step.

Clean
Member: #743
11/4/2023  5:45 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

And we might still be.

Am I worried?

I don't have to be better and I am not worse. Some posters come out against anyone who isn't sunshine and rainbows, and then I must decide the strategy for the team for all prospective moves, to be able to be critical ? Are the fans who love everything the team is doing similarly have to ??? I enjoy my life and take great enjoyment in the escape to real world stressors you alluded to. I am the ultimate pragmatist and centrist in real life. Which is why I am so perplexed as to why folks take criticism of a front office so to heart.. unless unless unless these guys are really the front office staff on their spare time, doing research on fan opinions. Lol 😂 I am not worried about the team cause if they lose they don't take any beans from my plate. But when they win it does add some pep to my step.

It is like that for a lot of different issues dealing with the Knicks no matter what the evidence shows on that specific issue. I learned to give my opinion maybe answer 1 reply and keep it moving no matter what. Not interested in prolonged back and forths.

Alpha1971

11/4/2023  6:58 PM
Clean wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

And we might still be.

Am I worried?

It is like that for a lot of different issues dealing with the Knicks no matter what the evidence shows on that specific issue. I learned to give my opinion maybe answer 1 reply and keep it moving no matter what. Not interested in prolonged back and forths.

My hat is tipped to you good sir.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/5/2023  12:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2023  11:47 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Should the only opinions be negative ones? Should opinions not be called out, negative or positive? Especially if they are perhaps...ummmm...ill informed or irrational? I do not mean to aim this at you but I've seen this argument elsewhere - that challenging the negativity is somehow an infringement of freedom of speech.

It goes both ways.

Hmmm my criticism is to the front office not other posters. However other posters have taken my criticism of the front office as a criticism of themselves apparently. During the preseason myself and a few others questioned the absence of a back up other then Hart for Randall among other things. To that end other posters responded about how misinformed that type of opinion is. Now, the evidence is beginning to take shape. Also, no one is making this a freedom of speech issue, 👍👍👍😭 nice try. My statements have been consistent and no effort to shame a person's opinions on this board will be accepted by me as legitimate. I'll ignore it as I recognize it for what it is. Some fans accepted what the front office did without scrutiny and put their hopes in them and angry at another poster for saying the team is not as well constructed as they had hoped. Be mad at the front office. You can fan your way and I'll fan mine. If I turn out to be wrong you will be happy to let me know and I'll take it. If I am right I will just say you was wrong and you take it. That's it. Only good opinions are accepted for some of you. You get your feelings hurt because someone disagrees with you about the front offices decisions, why ????. 😀😀😀😀🤣. It's as simple as that.

Give me a break - are my feelings hurt or is it “as simple as that” I find the opinions to be just plain dumb? Anyway, enough already. I'm expecting a few wins to give us a respite from this nonsense after six games.
Alpha1971

11/5/2023  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2023  12:21 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Should the only opinions be negative ones? Should opinions not be called out, negative or positive? Especially if they are perhaps...ummmm...ill informed or irrational? I do not mean to aim this at you but I've seen this argument elsewhere - that challenging the negativity is somehow an infringement of freedom of speech.

It goes both ways.

Hmmm my criticism is to the front office not other posters. However other posters have taken my criticism of the front office as a criticism of themselves apparently. During the preseason myself and a few others questioned the absence of a back up other then Hart for Randall among other things. To that end other posters responded about how misinformed that type of opinion is. Now, the evidence is beginning to take shape. Also, no one is making this a freedom of speech issue, 👍👍👍😭 nice try. My statements have been consistent and no effort to shame a person's opinions on this board will be accepted by me as legitimate. I'll ignore it as I recognize it for what it is. Some fans accepted what the front office did without scrutiny and put their hopes in them and angry at another poster for saying the team is not as well constructed as they had hoped. Be mad at the front office. You can fan your way and I'll fan mine. If I turn out to be wrong you will be happy to let me know and I'll take it. If I am right I will just say you was wrong and you take it. That's it. Only good opinions are accepted for some of you. You get your feelings hurt because someone disagrees with you about the front offices decisions, why ????. 😀😀😀😀🤣. It's as simple as that.

Give me a break - are my feelings hurt or is it “as simple as that” I find the opinions to be just plain dumb? Anyway, enough already. I'm expecting a few wins to give us a respite from this nonsense after six games.

Where will we be at game 21 actually versus what you imagined prior to the season ? Think the team is poised to out play other teams with quickness, speed, and shooting ? No injuries or regression for our 9 man rotation. Like you may have believed two weeks ago ? Time will tell

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/5/2023  12:39 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

It goes both ways.

Where will we be at game 21 actually versus what you imagined prior to the season ? Think the team is poised to out play other teams with quickness, speed, and shooting ? No injuries or regression for our 9 man rotation. Like you may have believed two weeks ago ? Time will tell

I saw and see this as an ugly team that will have fits and starts. My expectation is that it will level out and we will be in the hunt for decent playoff position at season’s end. Maybe at game 21 we are floating around.500 or a little above? I don’t know. Of course injuries cannot be foreseeable - RJ’s mystery knee problem and what seems to be Randle not fully recovered from the ankle. Other teams will have injuries also. We certainly agree time will tell.

For the record I want to say I see this message room as us sitting on virtual barstools passionately discussing and arguing about the basketball team we all love. Perhaps also virtually we’ve had too many beers and can’t believe what we are hearing. It’s fine. I don’t take it anymore seriously than that. Or less.

Alpha1971

11/5/2023  1:26 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

It goes both ways.

I saw and see this as an ugly team that will have fits and starts. My expectation is that it will level out and we will be in the hunt for decent playoff position at season’s end. Maybe at game 21 we are floating around.500 or a little above? I don’t know. Of course injuries cannot be foreseeable - RJ’s mystery knee problem and what seems to be Randle not fully recovered from the ankle. Other teams will have injuries also. We certainly agree time will tell.

For the record I want to say I see this message room as us sitting on virtual barstools passionately discussing and arguing about the basketball team we all love. Perhaps also virtually we’ve had too many beers and can’t believe what we are hearing. It’s fine. I don’t take it anymore seriously than that. Or less.

Its all just entertainment

DLeethal
Member: #9126

11/6/2023  8:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2023  8:47 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

It goes both ways.

Knicks whole season last year revolved around two 8-9 game winning streaks. We were 4-5 games under .500 outside of those 16-17 games without a loss. Many times the NBA is a game of runs and a season of runs. Knicks will probably do something similar this year. We most likely end tonight 2-5 and string together a few wins shortly after.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/6/2023  9:39 AM
im not even sure i'd trade RJ for Lavine anymore. RJ is showing great potential as a 2 way player and is so much younger, cheaper and more durable.

We saw Grimes have a big game in MIL, is it a coincidence he had a great game when he played 34 minutes? Grimes really took off last season when he started getting 30+mpg consistently. I worry there aren't enough minutes to go around and guys aren't going to be able to find a rhythm.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/6/2023  11:53 AM
nycericanguy wrote:im not even sure i'd trade RJ for Lavine anymore. RJ is showing great potential as a 2 way player and is so much younger, cheaper and more durable.

We saw Grimes have a big game in MIL, is it a coincidence he had a great game when he played 34 minutes? Grimes really took off last season when he started getting 30+mpg consistently. I worry there aren't enough minutes to go around and guys aren't going to be able to find a rhythm.

I'd hesitate to make that trade simply because we're lacking forwards. No doubt that Lavine is a top scorer. But swapping him with RJ would make us even smaller. And Lavine isn't that good on defense. While I'm down for a talent upgrade, the deal needs to make sense.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
[Tournament Game Thread 11/3/23] Knicks at Bucks 7:30PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy