[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Tournament Game Thread 11/3/23] Knicks at Bucks 7:30PM EST
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
11/3/2023  8:04 AM

“I stay even[-keeled],” Randle said after the loss, in which he missed 12 of his 15 shots and all six of his 3-point tries. “It’ll fall eventually. It’s a long season; 82-game season. I trust the work that I’ve put in on a day-to-day basis, so there’s no point in me being frustrated.”

“We’re just looking at a lot of bodies,” Randle said. “I think whenever we’re catching the ball, driving, we’re just seeing a lot of bodies. We just have to figure out how to open it up.”

“Just a rhythm thing. We’re not getting anything easy,” Randle said. “I feel like we’re just working hard for everything right now. We’ve got to find a way to try to make the game a little bit easier for each other out there.”

“I don’t doubt Julius at all,” Quickley said. “If you look at what he’s done since he’s been here, maybe two all-NBAs, two All-Stars. Near 60 points in a game.

“He’s probably one of the hardest workers I’ve ever been around. I’m sure he’ll bounce back.”

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/3/2023  8:15 AM
Oh, this is one of those games that counts for tourney. Did not know
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
11/3/2023  8:16 AM
“whenever we’re catching the ball, driving, we’re just seeing a lot of bodies.”

This isn’t Randles fault. It’s the make up of the team. And if I’m more specific, it’s the starting 5. Paint too crowded. And team rather see us force up long shots because we are inefficient shooting team. Remove the 2s and allow us to force up 3. Meanwhile Mitch never leaves the paint and Randle doesn’t have room or space on the block. RJ and JB play more downhill. Randle has to do the same.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
11/3/2023  8:19 AM
blkexec wrote:“whenever we’re catching the ball, driving, we’re just seeing a lot of bodies.”

This isn’t Randles fault. It’s the make up of the team. And if I’m more specific, it’s the starting 5. Paint too crowded. And team rather see us force up long shots because we are inefficient shooting team. Remove the 2s and allow us to force up 3. Meanwhile Mitch never leaves the paint and Randle doesn’t have room or space on the block. RJ and JB play more downhill. Randle has to do the same.

Could be the Knicks

martin
USA
11/3/2023  8:41 AM
Clean
Member: #743
11/3/2023  9:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2023  9:28 AM
blkexec wrote:“whenever we’re catching the ball, driving, we’re just seeing a lot of bodies.”

Been saying that for years. We add a shooter but he does not play in the lineup that needs shooting the most. Our team is just not well constructed.

Mitch would have more gravitation if we actually threw him lobs.

Randle is easy to gameplan for. Just double and cut off passing lanes. He will make a dumb decision more times than not. If he shoots it he is one of the most inefficient star players ever so you live with that. Randle is also a terrible defender. Put him in any action on defense and sooner or later he will get lazy and give you whatever you want.

Jalen is not a great creater and needs to drive but with a packed paint he is limited to how good of a shooting night it is for him. Poor defender but will draw offensive fouls.

RJ has shot better this year but until he does it over a longer period he is still considered a bad shooter. The same goes for his defense. It is better this year but he needs to do it for a long time before it changes his repuation.

Grimes is our shooter but never gets to shoot because the other guys don't pass and shoot too much. The one guy that is meant to open the floor up is rendered useless due to constant ISO's and bad shots by his teammates. The only games he ever gets enough touches to be in rhythm is when the stars are out. Those games he scores 20 and gets everyone hype until he goes back to never getting the ball when the stars come back.

I already covered Quick and his struggles to play well vs a gameplan.

So in the starting lineup alone that is 3 poor defenders and 3 non shooters.

I am obviously talking about when the real games start and teams gameplan. I no longer get enamored with regular season games because they paint a false picture and people forget that every single year. All of last year we had a great offense. That offense was in actuality was trash but offensive rebounding gave us more chances to score so it ended up being good in the reg season. We saw our real offense vs the Heat where they limited Mitch and Harts rebounding. I can't take this team seriously until Randle is gone. He is too much of a cancer. he is not the only problem but he is too big of a problem to gloss over because our coach does not hold him accountable.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/3/2023  9:36 AM

Which is why Rose should have been aggressive early making a move for KP. Didn't even really have to trade a core piece. Fournier, Hartenstein, Obi probably lock it in. Better pieces than what Wizards got for him. Rotation of Randle, KP, Mitch in the front court. Would have given us the spacing needed at center and coverage at the backup PF spot. As well as Randle insurance.

Rose has left a lot to be desired in terms of building a team that fits. He lands Embiid he wins in the end.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
11/3/2023  10:31 AM
Clean wrote:

Been saying that for years. We add a shooter but he does not play in the lineup that needs shooting the most. Our team is just not well constructed.

Randle is easy to gameplan for. Just double and cut off passing lanes. He will make a dumb decision more times than not. If he shoots it he is one of the most inefficient star players ever so you live with that. Randle is also a terrible defender. Put him in any action on defense and sooner or later he will get lazy and give you whatever you want.

Jalen is not a great creater and needs to drive but with a packed paint he is limited to how good of a shooting night it is for him. Poor defender but will draw offensive fouls.

RJ has shot better this year but until he does it over a longer period he is still considered a bad shooter. The same goes for his defense. It is better this year but he needs to do it for a long time before it changes his repuation.

Grimes is our shooter but never gets to shoot because the other guys don't pass and shoot too much. The one guy that is meant to open the floor up is rendered useless due to constant ISO's and bad shots by his teammates. The only games he ever gets enough touches to be in rhythm is when the stars are out. Those games he scores 20 and gets everyone hype until he goes back to never getting the ball when the stars come back.

I am obviously talking about when the real games start and teams gameplan. I no longer get enamored with regular season games because they paint a false picture and people forget that every single year. All of last year we had a great offense. That offense was in actuality was trash but offensive rebounding gave us more chances to score so it ended up being good in the reg season. We saw our real offense vs the Heat where they limited Mitch and Harts rebounding. I can't take this team seriously until Randle is gone. He is too much of a cancer. he is not the only problem but he is too big of a problem to gloss over because our coach does not hold him accountable.

That didn't happen though, or at least not to the extreme that you are referring to. It was the shooting.

Miami was a decent team man.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/3/2023  11:11 AM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/3/2023  11:14 AM
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/3/2023  11:25 AM

He is the primary reason the paint is clogged 1) he can’t shoot 2) he keeps pump faking when he should shoot 3) teams are baiting him into going 1 on 1 because they don’t trust his decision making

Sure Mitch clogs and Grimes/Brunson aren’t shooting great but make no mistake Randle is absolutely the issue.

His shooting for 1st 5 games is an ALL TIME RECORD low % and he’s pointing fingers everywhere but in the mirror

LivingLegend

11/3/2023  11:26 AM
ToddTT wrote:

I go from frustrating Randle post to this - things looking up

LivingLegend

11/3/2023  11:28 AM
Other than winning players getting $500,000(?) - I’m still trying to understand what the benefit of winning is or what’s supposed to drive interest with this tourney stuff
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

11/3/2023  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2023  11:30 AM

i mean lets be fair, we've played 3 very good defensive teams. Our schedule overall is brutal to start. against ATL we had no problem putting up 126 points.

Randle started slow last year as well, 18ppg on 44/24 shooting the 1st month. and that wasn't against this type of schedule.

KP would have helped space the starting 5 big time, but this is still a very good team that has played a very tough schedule and was a few breaks away from being 3-2 regardless.

Clean
Member: #743
11/3/2023  1:04 PM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

That didn't happen though, or at least not to the extreme that you are referring to. It was the shooting.

Miami was a decent team man.

What extreme are you talking about? I said "limited" and Mitch and Hart were not getting the same amount of offensive rebounds as during the season so they were in fact limited. You saying it was the shooting also proves my exact point. Our shooting has always been bad. It was the offensive rebounds that made our offense good. Once we got less 2nd chance points it showed just how bad our offense really was. I also never said MIA was not a good team.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2023  1:07 PM
We playing the fan “Blame Game” to work off our frustrations?
That cheerleader might help in other ways guys!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/3/2023  1:26 PM
We gonna get Molly whopped. Also either Dame or Brunson gonna drop 40.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/3/2023  1:45 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Other than winning players getting $500,000(?) - I’m still trying to understand what the benefit of winning is or what’s supposed to drive interest with this tourney stuff

A trophy would be nice! But Silver is obviously doing this to bring more attention and make the regular season more interesting but it won't work. I still expect players to have load management games off. Maybe they would take it more seriously if the tournament was midseason and more prizes.

That being said, winning it would be pretty cool.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2023  2:26 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Other than winning players getting $500,000(?) - I’m still trying to understand what the benefit of winning is or what’s supposed to drive interest with this tourney stuff

A trophy would be nice! But Silver is obviously doing this to bring more attention and make the regular season more interesting but it won't work. I still expect players to have load management games off. Maybe they would take it more seriously if the tournament was midseason and more prizes.

That being said, winning it would be pretty cool.

It won't work?
My thinking is its a multi year thing. I get there is nothing for the fan?
The Vegas final 4 might draw attention and viewership. That really what its about, doing something POTENTIALLY of interest before bowl season for NCAA football, and in the NFL season. Doing it in NFL playoffs won't work.
If you get a few good games as the tournament moves on it could draw interest.
More prizes? If the cynic in some of you are high, just blame it on gambling. This event is about that I suppose.
Lets see what happens on the next few years.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/3/2023  7:34 PM
No RJ again
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
[Tournament Game Thread 11/3/23] Knicks at Bucks 7:30PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy