[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 10/31/23] Knicks at Cavs 7:30PM EST
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2023  8:51 AM
Nalod wrote:Caught first half and I Liked the balance.
Obviously Cavs were short handed.
Im trying to see what knicks are working on/thru.
Im focused on What RJ is doing with the ball when he does not shoot. The game si slowing down for him.
His reads are better this season. The Shooting and getting to the line is great, but playmaking is improving.
Brunson looks like he did not do much but rest presason. Its coming.
Mitch just looks solid physically and playing smarter. Unless Ihart is looking for starting money I’d hate to see him leave. He is a current bargain for us. Hope we can keep him.

Knicks definitely trying lots of different things. Second video. We would have never seen this from Grimes last year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

11/1/2023  9:11 AM
Reaction to last night:

Mobley still needs to add more strength. Mitch and I-Hart are also a bit in his head. He's intimidated by our centers.

Mitch's offensive rebounding has hit a new level. He's a force.

RJ Barrett is playing a very controlled game. He looks like he can't be sped up and is very comfortable. We've seen him be great for a month so many times I'm not going to get over-excited about it but he's playing great.

Randle's foul baiting was elite. I felt this was where they won the game. The Cavs struggled to score and the Knicks controlled tempo and did enough. A lot of that was playing through Randle in the post. He didn't shoot great but drew tons of fouls when they didn't double. when they did double he made the pass.

Teams are trying to pressure Brunson more. The Cavs picked him up at half-court a lot. He had 5 TOs. Brunson dealing with pressure is something to watch for.

Nice game for Q. He pulling the trigger on 3s more this season. He came is labeled a "pure shooter". Maybe he has a shooting breakthrough this year.

Liked Bruson with the 2nd unit. We've seen both Brunson and Randle staggered with the 2nd unit instead of Barrett. Its something I called for all last year. We'll see if it sticks/works. I like it.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2023  9:25 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:Brunson kinda playing like ass

Uhhh... Don't take this the wrong way.

I don't get it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2023  9:26 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2023  9:47 AM
martin wrote:

Contract year, feeling great!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/1/2023  9:56 AM
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/1/2023  10:00 AM
Good job taking care of business against an undermanned team. We've lost these type of games in the past. Feels extra nice to beat Strus who now doesn't look like the second coming of Chris Mullin without Spoelstra. Loved how we came out in the 3rd quarter with that defense holding them to 16 points. Good to see Randle hit some shots and look more like himself. Brunson hit some shots too but he's got to chill with the turnovers. Rob and Hartenstein were really solid too.

There will be games where the shoe is on the other foot and we'll be the injured team with 3 starters out so we have to take advantage of these gift games. Especially with the Bucks later in the week.

EwingPSD

11/1/2023  10:31 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Good job taking care of business against an undermanned team. We've lost these type of games in the past. Feels extra nice to beat Strus who now doesn't look like the second coming of Chris Mullin without Spoelstra. Loved how we came out in the 3rd quarter with that defense holding them to 16 points. Good to see Randle hit some shots and look more like himself. Brunson hit some shots too but he's got to chill with the turnovers. Rob and Hartenstein were really solid too.

There will be games where the shoe is on the other foot and we'll be the injured team with 3 starters out so we have to take advantage of these gift games. Especially with the Bucks later in the week.

Max scored 20 plus every other game so far this year. He’s good and something Spo created. Hopefully he doesn’t go off tonight

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/1/2023  11:50 AM
EwingPSD wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Good job taking care of business against an undermanned team. We've lost these type of games in the past. Feels extra nice to beat Strus who now doesn't look like the second coming of Chris Mullin without Spoelstra. Loved how we came out in the 3rd quarter with that defense holding them to 16 points. Good to see Randle hit some shots and look more like himself. Brunson hit some shots too but he's got to chill with the turnovers. Rob and Hartenstein were really solid too.

Max scored 20 plus every other game so far this year. He’s good and something Spo created. Hopefully he doesn’t go off tonight

Don't consider him a threat. He's had one good game. The other game he had 21 points on 20 shots and 42 minutes. He can't carry DDV's jockstrap.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/1/2023  11:52 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't get it.

Martin's preoccupation with online "entertainment" may have held him back from seeing the progress made by some of our players, mainly RJ.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

11/1/2023  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2023  3:51 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't get it.

Martin's preoccupation with online "entertainment" may have held him back from seeing the progress made by some of our players, mainly RJ.

Darn kids today. When I was young and wanted smut I had to get dressed, get on the Subway and head to Timea Square and engage with people inorder to buy a magazine or a video. Thees kids today just have to look at their phones. The don't appreciate the artistry and sweat that goes into making a quality film

EwingPSD

11/1/2023  4:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:

Don't consider him a threat. He's had one good game. The other game he had 21 points on 20 shots and 42 minutes. He can't carry DDV's jockstrap.

Odd

[Game Thread 10/31/23] Knicks at Cavs 7:30PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy