[Game Thread 10/28/23] Knicks at Pelicans 7PM EST
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2023  7:23 PM
franco12 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:we are too small, though I don't think that is why we lost either game. It will become an issue, it is a long season.

I'm simply hoping the Nets stink and eventually give up on trying to keep Mikal from joining his buddies. That or we can find a way to really find a nice trade out there.

You know who didn't look that bad in his last game? Ben Simmons!
[IMG_block] https://media1.tenor.com/images/60dd4dede49b8ab3f275dfe126e1d089/tenor.gif?itemid=5436129 [/IMG_block]

If I recall, we can't have both Simmons and RJ on the roster at the same time.

I'm joking about Ben, but I don't think RJ is a designated rookie since he's only a four year deal.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/30/2023  12:01 AM
Pelicans are a top team in the West if McCollum Ingram and Zion play. Road back to backs are tough.
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

10/30/2023  9:11 AM
Ugly game but a road b2b on games 2 and 3 is pretty rough. Gonna write this one off because we looked pretty good first 2 games and should be 2-1 with a tough early schedule.

Zion when healthy is an MVP caliber player. He's like a quicker, smoother Shaq. It was pretty crazy how small and weak he made Randle look, who pretty much can bully anyone in the league not named Zion. He's in a league of his own in the power department.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

10/30/2023  9:16 AM
nycericanguy wrote:our roster construction is fine, Mitch/Hart/Randle is more than enough up front. our defense has been better than last year. Obi wasn't a good defender/rebounder or shotblocker and played much smaller than his size.

we are losing b/c our 2 best players are shooting horribly, not b/c we dont have a 10mpg backup PF.

Yea, I don't really see it. But regardless, we shouldn't be building our team to match up with the Pelicans and Zion/Ingram. They are probably the longer/stronger front court teams.

And yes, when Randle and Brunson play as poorly as they have in our losses there's not really much of a point at looking at anything else. If they play poorly we will not be going anywhere. If they play great and we are getting exposed elsewhere, then it makes sense to narrow in on those issues. I like the smaller bench look. Have DD as that extra shooter we didn't have last year is good.

Also, Grimes still continues to have the anti-clutch gene it seems. We need him to be a sniper and hit the momentum 3s, seems he rarely delivers on those.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

10/30/2023  9:35 AM
We are finally a good team, maybe even a sneaky contender.

but the next part, going from good/very good to great, is the hardest thing to do in the NBA. Because you really need those top 5 superstars to be a perennial title contender. And those guys just don't come along very often, and teams generally aren't moving them. There's a reason so few teams have won an NBA title in the past 30-40 years.

So I think we gotta enjoy where we are, and realize that maybe it won't be a title team and that's ok. because sometimes it seems being "very good" is no longer enough for some and you go from wanting a winning team so badly, to being unhappy with finally having a good team and nitpicking. For me, just having a chance, even if its small, and watching some good playoff ball is enough.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

10/30/2023  9:42 AM
I think Embid is probably the only realistic guy that could be available that could win us a chip. I don't even think DM would get us there.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/30/2023  9:45 AM
nycericanguy wrote:We are finally a good team, maybe even a sneaky contender.

but the next part, going from good/very good to great, is the hardest thing to do in the NBA. Because you really need those top 5 superstars to be a perennial title contender. And those guys just don't come along very often, and teams generally aren't moving them. There's a reason so few teams have won an NBA title in the past 30-40 years.

So I think we gotta enjoy where we are, and realize that maybe it won't be a title team and that's ok. because sometimes it seems being "very good" is no longer enough for some and you go from wanting a winning team so badly, to being unhappy with finally having a good team and nitpicking. For me, just having a chance, even if its small, and watching some good playoff ball is enough.

I'm there with you

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/30/2023  10:32 AM
This game was a relief. You don’t want to peak to early 🤣
[Game Thread 10/28/23] Knicks at Pelicans 7PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy