[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 10/28/23] Knicks at Pelicans 7PM EST
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2023  9:14 AM
Brunson and Randle just have to keep pushing to get back to where they are capable.
I like RJ's game and the way they are using him. He is moving the ball with better pace. He and Randle are causing turnovers in this mode but do you pull it back or keep moving pushing thru it until it clicks?
Grimes needs to do what he is paid to do and hit a few more of those looks.

Mitches under dipsy do vs Valachunas was funny as hell!!!!
Its a long season. For obi also!! LOL

AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/29/2023  9:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2023  9:56 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Interestingly Obi only got 18 minutes tonight 4 & 4 and a -7 +/-.

Carlisle squeezing him like Thibs —— wonder if Obi is going to flame out or flourish, I had assumed flourish.

If the team felt Obi was not the answer and traded him that's fine but replace him. Or better improve on him but don't think DDV and Hart can be Julius primary replacement. DDV and Hart were matched up against Ingraham and other players who are just as fast and quick but much taller. Plus with Julius not having a good game who did you have off the bench who could replace him. Sure I could see the vision of the 9 man rotation they assembled but have a big wing or Pf as the tenth man who can play depending on match ups and situations. If not the team is structurally unsound. Been saying this all summer but others here believe speed and quickness is all you need. We will have good games and bad games but playoffs or playin games will be tough to win cause teams can prepare for a smaller team with switches and schemes and just shooting over our wings and PFs off the bench. How many times did people say " Julius is going to play 36 mins a night why worry about a 12 minute period ... Yada yada. Meanwhile we have Jeffries and Windler on the roster occupying cap space, why ?

nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

10/29/2023  10:11 AM
our roster construction is fine, Mitch/Hart/Randle is more than enough up front. our defense has been better than last year. Obi wasn't a good defender/rebounder or shotblocker and played much smaller than his size.

we are losing b/c our 2 best players are shooting horribly, not b/c we dont have a 10mpg backup PF.

Alpha1971

10/29/2023  10:20 AM
nycericanguy wrote:our roster construction is fine, Mitch/Hart/Randle is more than enough up front. our defense has been better than last year. Obi wasn't a good defender/rebounder or shotblocker and played much smaller than his size.

we are losing b/c our 2 best players are shooting horribly, not b/c we dont have a 10mpg backup PF.

Ok bro. You say roster construction is fine I disagree. We will know definitely eventually. If I am wrong I will graciously congratulate your appraisal. I have a bottle of A1 Crow Sauce if I need it. But you equally do the same. This team has inconsistency written all over it. IMHO, my brother Knick fan, let them do something soon then later to balance the roster, even a small move. But you might be right... I hope.

nycericanguy

10/29/2023  10:27 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:our roster construction is fine, Mitch/Hart/Randle is more than enough up front. our defense has been better than last year. Obi wasn't a good defender/rebounder or shotblocker and played much smaller than his size.

Ok bro. You say roster construction is fine I disagree. We will know definitely eventually. If I am wrong I will graciously congratulate your appraisal. I have a bottle of A1 Crow Sauce if I need it. But you equally do the same. This team has inconsistency written all over it. IMHO, my brother Knick fan, let them do something soon then later to balance the roster, even a small move. But you might be right... I hope.

i mean this isn't likely the roster in its final form, I do believe we need some sort of 2 or 3 for 1 trade.

but backup PF isn't the reason we lost to BOS and NOLA. We're not winning many games with Randle and Brunson shooting 25%.

Alpha1971

10/29/2023  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2023  10:49 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

i mean this isn't likely the roster in its final form, I do believe we need some sort of 2 or 3 for 1 trade.

but backup PF isn't the reason we lost to BOS and NOLA. We're not winning many games with Randle and Brunson shooting 25%.

Back up 4 if it's off, ( which it is ) puts the entire unit suffer. You say only 12 minutes a night is no big deal... Fine, games are lost in only a few minutes. But whatever we will see. Team will hopefully make a trade to address the imbalance. But they should have made preparation to have a player on the roster to keep the team fortifies better the it is now. Whatever, we will see. Hope your right. The two games we lost, so far, lack of size contributed and will continue to.

nycericanguy

10/29/2023  10:47 AM
just for perspective, we gave up 108 points to BOS, they put up 119 on Miami.

we gave up 96 to NOLA, who put up 111 against MEM.

Two losses where we gave up 102ppg, while the same teams scored 115ppg against two of the better defenses in the NBA.

Our defense has been fine. we simply gotta shoot better, and we will. We shot 37% last night, same against BOS. Those 2 games we had Brunson and Randle shooting 25%. we simply aren't going to win games with that kind of shooting from our stars.

Alpha1971

10/29/2023  10:51 AM
nycericanguy wrote:just for perspective, we gave up 108 points to BOS, they put up 119 on Miami.

we gave up 96 to NOLA, who put up 111 against MEM.

Two losses where we gave up 102ppg, while the same teams scored 115ppg against two of the better defenses in the NBA.

Our defense has been fine. we simply gotta shoot better, and we will. We shot 37% last night, same against BOS. Those 2 games we had Brunson and Randle shooting 25%. we simply aren't going to win games with that kind of shooting from our stars.

One things for sure, we won't have a bench who will be able to regain or gain leads or even play even over the course of the season if our stars aren't hitting if we don't adjust the rotation

nycericanguy

10/29/2023  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2023  11:00 AM
Randle and Brunson in our 2 losses - 20 for 72 from the field, ouch!

in the W against ATL they were 15 for 31.

Your stars gotta perform, period.

Alpha1971

10/29/2023  11:02 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Randle and Brunson in our 2 losses - 20 for 72 from the field, ouch!

So if our two best players are not playing well we automatically lose, ? We then have no real depth.
nycericanguy

10/29/2023  11:05 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Randle and Brunson in our 2 losses - 20 for 72 from the field, ouch!

So if our two best players are not playing well we automatically lose, ? We then have no real depth.

I think that applies to just about every team yes. I mean there's also a big medium between "not playing well" and shooting 25%.

We are one of the deepest teams in the league but no one is winning many games that their two best players shoot 25%. The fact that we were still up 6 on BOS so late was only b/c of our depth, RJ and IQ stepped up big time.

Alpha1971

10/29/2023  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2023  11:15 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

I think that applies to just about every team yes. I mean there's also a big medium between "not playing well" and shooting 25%.

We are one of the deepest teams in the league but no one is winning many games that their two best players shoot 25%. The fact that we were still up 6 on BOS so late was only b/c of our depth, RJ and IQ stepped up big time.

I disagree on that. Teams win regular season games when their stars are out or not playing well during the regular season because other teams target the stars and that's when the role players and bench step up. I don't see this team being able to do so. Plus we have a 9 man rotation like Thibs likes. But do we have depth from 10-12 in case there is an injury or lack of production from the 9 man rotation ? I get the arguments your making. You want the arguments your making to be true cause you love the team. I love the team also and have engaged in such rationalizations in the past. Looking at this team with tougher scrutiny this year, I am thinking we will win 46 games but we are not a better team this year. We are not really a deep team beyond our 9 man rotation and even with the 9 we have no margin for error. I Wish your right I wish I am wrong

nycericanguy

10/29/2023  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2023  11:32 AM
Players aren't robots, you cant just throw guys out there for sporadically for 15 minutes and expect them to be in rhythm. There's a reason this team took off after Thibs shortened the rotation last year.

We have too many guys that deserve minutes, shots and touches. Evan, Sims and Miles are all rotation players in this league.

Grimes, DDV, Hart and IQ all deserve more minutes too. Their minutes are all way down this year, heck Hart is at a career low!.

I hope these guys can find their rhythm, but in a perfect world we consolidate in a trade. We are set up perfectly for a 2 or 3 for 1 trade, but until then, minutes are going to be really hard to come by for some guys.

There's nothing unusual about a 9 man rotation, most teams really play 8 main guys and a couple of other guys situational minutes.

Our issue is we have 9-10 guys that really should all be playing 25mpg+and there's simply not enough minutes to do that.

Alpha1971

10/29/2023  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2023  11:35 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Players aren't robots, you cant just throw guys out there for sporadically for 15 minutes and expect them to be in rhythm. There's a reason this team took off after Thibs shortened the rotation last year.

We have too many guys that deserve minutes, shots and touches. Evan, Sims and Miles are all rotation players in this league.

Grimes, DDV, Hart and IQ all deserve more minutes too.

I hope these guys can find their rhythm, but in a perfect world we consolidate in a trade.

There's nothing unusual about a 9 man rotation, most teams really play 8 main guys and a couple of other guys situational minutes.

Our issue is we have 9-10 guys that really should all be playing 25mpg+and there's simply not enough minutes to do that.

Don't see the point in going on about it. Record of team will tell the ultimate story and play off performance. For me it's pretty obvious but you feel the same. Let's table this until game 41, to see if either of has a change of mind. I just want an entertaining season.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2023  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2023  11:41 AM

The shooting is bad, but I'd argue the bigger issue is the turnovers. We have Mitch inside battling for possessions only for Beyblade and JB to give it right back. JB was like 21 overall in assist to turnover ratio last year. That was a major key to the offense.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/29/2023  12:04 PM
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/29/2023  1:18 PM
Ugly games from our ugly team. Yesterday an away game in a back to back. If we were 2 - 1 it would feel better and we weren't too far from that. I expect more ugliness and more wins.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
10/29/2023  1:55 PM
we are too small, though I don't think that is why we lost either game. It will become an issue, it is a long season.

I'm simply hoping the Nets stink and eventually give up on trying to keep Mikal from joining his buddies. That or we can find a way to really find a nice trade out there.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2023  4:00 PM
franco12 wrote:we are too small, though I don't think that is why we lost either game. It will become an issue, it is a long season.

I'm simply hoping the Nets stink and eventually give up on trying to keep Mikal from joining his buddies. That or we can find a way to really find a nice trade out there.

You know who didn't look that bad in his last game? Ben Simmons!

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
franco12
Member: #599
USA
10/29/2023  6:49 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:we are too small, though I don't think that is why we lost either game. It will become an issue, it is a long season.

You know who didn't look that bad in his last game? Ben Simmons!

If I recall, we can't have both Simmons and RJ on the roster at the same time.

[Game Thread 10/28/23] Knicks at Pelicans 7PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy