USA
10/28/2023  8:04 PM
What a terrible first half performance.
AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/28/2023  8:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2023  8:08 PM
I am missing my elderly mother's nursing home visit and her not being able to hear a thing I say because she won't use a hearing aides for this ? Man I switched my normal Saturday night with my sister for this... I'd rather be at the home.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/28/2023  8:30 PM
Zion’s a freak. Still can’t see him staying healthy.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/28/2023  8:38 PM
I’m really enjoying watching NBA refs **** up multiple calls every single game.

Super entertaining.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

10/28/2023  9:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2023  9:07 PM
Simply overwhelmed all night.NO has depth and size. They are missing two key players as well. Officials have been terrible, however the physical size on the wing is what is going on. Even if we go small they have bigger players who can play as quick and fast.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/28/2023  9:17 PM
Julius “Top 20 player” Randle with an Herculean effort tonight.

Just WOW

LivingLegend

10/28/2023  9:18 PM
Thank you ToddTT for a few bright moments tonight
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/28/2023  9:20 PM
Knicks could not throw it in the ocean tonight. Deserved to lose this one.
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
10/28/2023  9:26 PM
It was gonna be an uphill battle on the road second night of back to back plus the Pelicans are a good team when healthy but it was a disappointing loss. The unforced turnovers (18 total but ssemed like a lot more) were annoying and not being able to hit a three (7/37) just killed us. Maybe it's tired legs and we are still in preseason mode.

Awful game by Randle. Awful unforced turnovers (8) and I know Zion is a tank and a tough cover but there were plays where Randle didn't even try to defend him. Brunson was awful too. Can't win if these two play this poorly.

Shout out to Rob. He was really good on the glass as always (10 offensive). RJ had some nice moments too and we battled and cut it down to 6 late in the 3rd but can't win shooting that poorly.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/28/2023  9:30 PM
Mitch isnt really involved in the offense, other than putbacks. Grimes had 6 shots in the game, up until they emptied the bench. Not sure how Thibs expects us to go deep in the playoffs, when its very often 3 on 5 on offense, with the starters. Too damned easy to scout.

Some good news is RJ is using the glass like he never has, scoring more ways. Randle isnt trying to win the game in the first quarter, and saving something for the finish. Some nights (like tonite) it wont matter, but other games it will.

LivingLegend

10/28/2023  9:59 PM
Just read that Julius is shooting <28% thru 3 games.

With a minimum of 40 shot attempt’s minimum that is the lowest after 3 games in Knick history dating back to ABA merger- you can’t make this up.

Doesn’t he own some other stat for playoff futility relative to his shooting % - something like 243 of 243 players - lol.

LivingLegend

10/28/2023  10:06 PM
Interestingly Obi only got 18 minutes tonight 4 & 4 and a -7 +/-.

Carlisle squeezing him like Thibs —— wonder if Obi is going to flame out or flourish, I had assumed flourish.

LivingLegend

10/28/2023  10:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Mitch isnt really involved in the offense, other than putbacks. Grimes had 6 shots in the game, up until they emptied the bench. Not sure how Thibs expects us to go deep in the playoffs, when its very often 3 on 5 on offense, with the starters. Too damned easy to scout.

Some good news is RJ is using the glass like he never has, scoring more ways. Randle isnt trying to win the game in the first quarter, and saving something for the finish. Some nights (like tonite) it wont matter, but other games it will.

The offense was flowing and perfectly fine last night —- fast, fluid and ball moving ——- it’s on the players when we **** the bed like tonight.

Not sure what you are expecting them to do with Mitch on offense - if the other team plays drop coverage or sinks to reduce opening’s for lobs Mitch can’t do anything else besides his put backs.

Not knocking Mitch but you realize that teams are sinking/ collapsing coverage around Mitch rolls right?

The other point is with his FT % why would we put the ball in his hands —- we already have Randle dropping & flopping the ball all over the court.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/28/2023  10:13 PM
Size is gonna kill us, especially if we have an off shooting night. We need to play faster and less careless to compensate.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

10/28/2023  10:26 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mitch isnt really involved in the offense, other than putbacks. Grimes had 6 shots in the game, up until they emptied the bench. Not sure how Thibs expects us to go deep in the playoffs, when its very often 3 on 5 on offense, with the starters. Too damned easy to scout.

The offense was flowing and perfectly fine last night —- fast, fluid and ball moving ——- it’s on the players when we **** the bed like tonight.

Not sure what you are expecting them to do with Mitch on offense - if the other team plays drop coverage or sinks to reduce opening’s for lobs Mitch can’t do anything else besides his put backs.

Not knocking Mitch but you realize that teams are sinking/ collapsing coverage around Mitch rolls right?

The other point is with his FT % why would we put the ball in his hands —- we already have Randle dropping & flopping the ball all over the court.

Im expecting Brunson to pass Mitch the ball, when he sets a pick, and rolls to the rim. He's done that a bunch of times the last two games. Wide open most of them. Not guarded closely enough to be freezed out.

The opportunities are there, but Brunson has been looking Mitch off going back to last season. RJ was finding Mitch for dunks, Brunson wasnt.

The offense works great when 3 of 5 players are hitting their shots. But when they arent, we get nights like this.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/28/2023  10:58 PM
This game was over fast.

Good take away? they seem to be pushing the pace which is leading to sloppy passing.
Randle passing out of the double is not crisp yet.
The ball movement is good. They did not knock down the shots. They are not executing, but I like the attempts.
Lot of blame to go around tonite.

LivingLegend

10/28/2023  11:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Im expecting Brunson to pass Mitch the ball, when he sets a pick, and rolls to the rim. He's done that a bunch of times the last two games. Wide open most of them. Not guarded closely enough to be freezed out.

The opportunities are there, but Brunson has been looking Mitch off going back to last season. RJ was finding Mitch for dunks, Brunson wasnt.

The offense works great when 3 of 5 players are hitting their shots. But when they arent, we get nights like this.

Ok - I haven’t noticed it glaringly like you indicate but I get it —- Brunson as good as he is - he;s mostly looking for buckets.

GustavBahler

10/29/2023  1:43 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Ok - I haven’t noticed it glaringly like you indicate but I get it —- Brunson as good as he is - he;s mostly looking for buckets.

I didnt say this last season because JB just got here. But going into his second season, it looks like he's poaching Mitch's touches. I dont remember even Jared Jeffries (his first stop) getting this treatment. And he was a hot mess under the rim.

I believe the best chance the Knicks have to get past the best teams in the East, is for the starting unit to be firing on all cylinders offensively. Not just 3 of 5.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

10/29/2023  7:17 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Interestingly Obi only got 18 minutes tonight 4 & 4 and a -7 +/-.

Carlisle squeezing him like Thibs —— wonder if Obi is going to flame out or flourish, I had assumed flourish.

i think its quite possible that Obi's best role is an off the bench energy big like he was here. that may just be what he is.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

10/29/2023  7:17 AM
Brunson and Randle playing like this will make any game difficult.
[Game Thread 10/28/23] Knicks at Pelicans 7PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy