Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
11/23/2004  3:43 AM
Raptors' Carter not dunking anymore
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=105601

TSN.ca Staff
Vinsanity is taking a step back.

Raptors all-star Vince Carter told a scrum of reporters on Monday that he was finished with his high-flying dunks.

"I don't want to dunk anymore," he said flatly.
[edit : raven : lol com'on what a punk]

For the first few seasons, the North Carolina earned the moniker, "Half-man, half-amazing" with spectacular dunks for nightly highlight reels and made French player Frederic Weiss a poster boy in the 2000 Olympics with a clear jump over him to get to the hoop.

Carter's statement is another footnote in a storied year for Carter. The 2000 NBA Slam Dunk winner made headlines in the summer when he asked to be traded out of Toronto. He still has three years - plus an option - on the six-year contract extension he signed with Toronto following the 2000-2001 season.

Last week, the NBA said he couldn't wear his iPod in the warm-up period before games.

On Friday, a trade rumour emerged that would see Carter go to Portland in a package for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

The news seemed to be the final straw for Raptors fans, who have booed Carter angrily in the team's latest home stand. Carter is averaging 14.5 points a game this season - nine below his career average.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/23/2004  8:05 AM
I watched all the raptors games on tv , the fans boo him if he keeps missing or makes a crucial bad turnover etc.. But when he makes his shot all you hear are cheers. VC is fooling media hypes because he just wants out. Dude still has madd game, just wait until he gets traded. Coach of the raptors Sam Mitchell sat Vince the whole 4th qtr against the spurs and the team came back from 19 dowm to beat the spurs by 5 96-91.

[Edited by - playa2 on 11/23/2004 08:08:05]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/23/2004  9:17 AM
the guy is so soft
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
11/23/2004  9:55 AM
I think he said this, and is playing down, to get traded. Wouldn't you do the same?

I don't want him on the Knicks because I would rather Houston and Crawford get every minute at SG and Houston, Ariza, and Hardaway with some J Williams get every minute at SF. Oh and I guess Tiny Tim too.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/23/2004  9:58 AM
he is the definition of cancer.

they should just bench him or ship him out for crap & picks. trying to get any player of value will be tough.
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
11/23/2004  11:01 AM
I agree, fishy. His playoff appearances are all you need to know about Vince. He ain't worth it.

Another example of athletic ability and talent without the mentality to back it up and make it worth something.

News flash for all pro- and future pro- athletes (heck, and entertainers): Ego does not equal effort. Just because you think you're great, doesn't mean you're great.

I'm sick of these pampered girls demanding to be traded to "contenders". I'd trade him to NO for Baron, if his back weren't so messed up, just to see Vince twist in the wind under Shinn's incompetent ownership - or to Chicago for Heinrich and Deng and whoever else makes the numbers work, and if they won't take him - that's right - Golden State, the team that drafted him. Ha ha Vince - don't forget you're a product, you don't decide what team you play for! Oh, and when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/23/2004  11:56 AM
to me dunk=aggresion[if you can do it:>)] for this guy to say this publicly is a disaster for the Raptors. I really do believe they had a chance to dump him for Rahim and I think they can still do it. It is also possible that there could be a deal with Philly for Big Dog and Dalemabart. I would jump on either of these deals[as long as i could get a 3-4 year extension from rahim for wallace $] they would own the rights to dalembart. You could move Bosh to C and put Rahim at PF, and that would be formidable in the east. It also might make more sense that obtaining dalambart. But i would be aggresive here. I think that portland would do that deal. Carter becomes more of a 2nd wheel and is a SIGNIFICANt upgrade over andersen. when you want to trade, if you can find a sceanrio where both teams improve, thats the road you follow.
RIP Crushalot😞
playa2

11/23/2004  4:39 PM
What you guys don't understand is Toronto wouldn't make the trade unless J.Rose was included that's there wish.

#2 This is Toronto Canada, Vince is an icon there and the team must have a big name draw at the AIR CANADA CENTRE.

Too many things to consider for Vince to be traded so easy. I really believe his girlfriend or wife is making the demand to him to come back to the states.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/23/2004  4:46 PM
The Raptors want to do what Pho did.. only one problem. Pho is a desirable place to play for the NBA genre of athletes. Toronto isnt
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
playa2

11/23/2004  4:53 PM
Exactly Fishy
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/23/2004  6:52 PM
#2 This is Toronto Canada, Vince is an icon there and the team must have a big name draw at the AIR CANADA CENTRE.

Actually, most people in Toronto are sick of Carter and would love to see him leave.
playa2

11/23/2004  8:35 PM
Toronto fans only boo him now because of his comments for wanting to leave. I'm watching him play now against Wash, he already had 2 dunks , one was nasty so all that talk about him not wanting to dunk anymore was media hype.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/23/2004  10:13 PM
I wonder if the bulls would do deng and chandler for vince, that would give toronto two good young players and chicago the scorer and vet they need... I am sure other salaries would be added as needed...

vince is such a punk... I hate to see him go out like this... Play ball vince!! play ball!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/23/2004  11:27 PM
[quote] [/I'm sick of these pampered girls demanding to be traded to "contenders". I'd trade him to NO for Baron, if his back weren't so messed up, just to see Vince twist in the wind under Shinn's incompetent ownership - or to Chicago for Heinrich and Deng and whoever else makes the numbers work, and if they won't take him - that's right - Golden State, the team that drafted him. Ha ha Vince - don't forget you're a product, you don't decide what team you play for! Oh, and when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
quote]

Dude it's getting more and more funny. I'm not sure it was like this in the late (BARKLEY WAS THE FIRST SUPERSTAR PLAYER I EVER NOTICE TO DEMAND A TRADE) 70s early 80s, but I'm sick of star players demanding trades. Whats vince's beef anyway??? they not sucking him off enogh

Thats why I think rebuilding from the draft is point less, To have top picks bouncing around the league for there first 6 years, how do you build from that. Its getting out of control, Loyalty is a joke in this league.

Look at our roster, basically eveybody ( who are all in there 20's, other then ariza and sweetny) are on their 2nd to 3rd team, and nobody has a shot at retiring a knick.

Franchise Players are a thing of the past. It's just a matter of time before Kobe and Duncun are on the move too.
ES
playa2

11/24/2004  6:20 AM
Posted by tkf:

I wonder if the bulls would do deng and chandler for vince, that would give toronto two good young players and chicago the scorer and vet they need... I am sure other salaries would be added as needed...

vince is such a punk... I hate to see him go out like this... Play ball vince!! play ball!!!

Toronto want's somebody for VC who will draw fans not a guy with a bad back or some guy like Deng, cmon man stop it. Toronto will not trade VC for no names!
ot : breaking news about vince carter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy