[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official Game-Day Thread (10-25-2023 @ 7:00 PM on ESPN) New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics (2023-2024's Season Opener)
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
10/27/2023  6:02 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Chandler wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:

I hate these 2 minute reports. And I can live with real time blown calls here and there as long as they are not crazy obvious. As Chandler said though, missing a call with the help of s stoppage and video review....that is inexcusable. Compounded with the fact more than 1 ref was in on the review process....

If these 2 minute reports or mea culpas are made public, the accountability portion of it should be made public. Missing a call in the fashion the Brunson call was missed...there should be some consequences to that. And it should be made public so that there is no appearance of it being ok for a referee to screw up and then slide without consequences.

I'll be honest, I was over the game and seeing this stuff just pisses me off because it doesn't change anything and nothing is done about it.

Refs get paid by the game and are graded based on their accuracy so missing calls means they run the risk of not getting elevated to the playoff crews.

The kicked ball really got to me. I don't see how it's physically possible for a ball to go sailing over the head of the dribbler and land 10 feet behind him.

Cut the horse crap that somehow this is all ok, because Adam Silver (biggest stooge in all of pro sports) says theirs accountability

How about transparency?

In the age of increased sports betting (BTW i don’t) this is ridiculous. The only reason the refs admitted to a mistake is because Twitter/X had already embarrassed them.

Name names. WHo blew the call; what’s his score/rating etc. What’s the explanation (e.g., he didn’t have anccess to the the Twitter feed) and what is the follow up. We need transparency

I mentioned this before in other threads. With the amount invested in teams and players there should be dozens of refs (only 3 on the court). Those guys should have a mechanism to communicate info to the refs on the court especially when there is review

And the 2 minute report is a joke. It doesn’t account for the (by far) #1 things players and coaches want: consistency. SO in the report they can say yes that was a foul or not, but they never say whether that call was consistent with the judgment applied the rest of the game. They bend over backwards to say everything was fine

You also had 6 assistant coaches on each sideline who's job is to get one blown call right with the coach's challenge, yet somehow both teams got it wrong. Human error is for real.

The Brunson call was already reviewed. And you only get a limited number of reviews per team. Don't think the Knicks had any left.

Human error is real, but so is accountability. You really think going on Twitter and officially announcing they made an oopsie that could potentially have had such a major DIRECT impact on the game (be honest. If the correct call is made it has a major impact on how the game plays out) that an "Our bad" is sufficient accountability?

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/27/2023  7:30 AM
joec32033 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
Chandler wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:

I hate these 2 minute reports. And I can live with real time blown calls here and there as long as they are not crazy obvious. As Chandler said though, missing a call with the help of s stoppage and video review....that is inexcusable. Compounded with the fact more than 1 ref was in on the review process....

If these 2 minute reports or mea culpas are made public, the accountability portion of it should be made public. Missing a call in the fashion the Brunson call was missed...there should be some consequences to that. And it should be made public so that there is no appearance of it being ok for a referee to screw up and then slide without consequences.

I'll be honest, I was over the game and seeing this stuff just pisses me off because it doesn't change anything and nothing is done about it.

Refs get paid by the game and are graded based on their accuracy so missing calls means they run the risk of not getting elevated to the playoff crews.

The kicked ball really got to me. I don't see how it's physically possible for a ball to go sailing over the head of the dribbler and land 10 feet behind him.

Cut the horse crap that somehow this is all ok, because Adam Silver (biggest stooge in all of pro sports) says theirs accountability

How about transparency?

In the age of increased sports betting (BTW i don’t) this is ridiculous. The only reason the refs admitted to a mistake is because Twitter/X had already embarrassed them.

Name names. WHo blew the call; what’s his score/rating etc. What’s the explanation (e.g., he didn’t have anccess to the the Twitter feed) and what is the follow up. We need transparency

I mentioned this before in other threads. With the amount invested in teams and players there should be dozens of refs (only 3 on the court). Those guys should have a mechanism to communicate info to the refs on the court especially when there is review

And the 2 minute report is a joke. It doesn’t account for the (by far) #1 things players and coaches want: consistency. SO in the report they can say yes that was a foul or not, but they never say whether that call was consistent with the judgment applied the rest of the game. They bend over backwards to say everything was fine

You also had 6 assistant coaches on each sideline who's job is to get one blown call right with the coach's challenge, yet somehow both teams got it wrong. Human error is for real.

The Brunson call was already reviewed. And you only get a limited number of reviews per team. Don't think the Knicks had any left.

Human error is real, but so is accountability. You really think going on Twitter and officially announcing they made an oopsie that could potentially have had such a major DIRECT impact on the game (be honest. If the correct call is made it has a major impact on how the game plays out) that an "Our bad" is sufficient accountability?

I don’t know which league has the more crooked, incompetent officials NFL or NBA

Philc1
Member: #8897

10/27/2023  7:31 AM
Chandler wrote:
Glad to see KP's classy comments but c'mon we don't really think he would be here with Thibs as coach

KP is more finesse and in a good situation in Boston where he is the 3rd or 4th option.

Losing that one hurts but let's not overreact either. Our best players laid eggs, and the refs sucked and we almost took that one.

KP will be on injured reserve in about 2 months. I hope Celtics fans enjoy him while they can

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

10/27/2023  8:54 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Randle was battling the best perimeter defender in the league. It kept him out of his rhythm all night.

Stop with this stuff — he’s always out of rhythm- lol.

cooch2584
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1187

10/27/2023  2:10 PM
Look I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but what the hell is the good thing that the 2 min report does for us fans?? Knicks woulda won that game maybe. but opps just doesnt work for me
Official Game-Day Thread (10-25-2023 @ 7:00 PM on ESPN) New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics (2023-2024's Season Opener)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy