[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IQ will enter restricted FA
Author Thread
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

12/2/2023  10:22 AM
Thibs won't let Knicks FO lose Quickley. I'm confident in our ability to keep him.
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
12/2/2023  10:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2023  10:26 AM
TheMTL wrote:Thibs won't let Knicks FO lose Quickley. I'm confident in our ability to keep him.

But this is now up to IQ correct? I thought he now has the option to go where he wants to. Thibs or the FO has no control over IQs decision now. All we can do is match. Is that correct?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/2/2023  12:26 PM
blkexec wrote:
TheMTL wrote:Thibs won't let Knicks FO lose Quickley. I'm confident in our ability to keep him.

But this is now up to IQ correct? I thought he now has the option to go where he wants to. Thibs or the FO has no control over IQs decision now. All we can do is match. Is that correct?

Nope… that’s the restriction.

https://www.nba.com/news/free-agency-explained#

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2023  1:02 PM
as per NY post this am:

[img]A source denied the specific numbers of a report that Immanuel Quickley wanted an average salary of $25 million in contract extension negotiations, while the Knicks were only willing to offer around $18 million per.

It’s still unclear what the difference was. Regardless, the sides couldn’t reach an agreement, and Quickley will become a restricted free agent in the summer. If his production continues, the 24-year-old guard should exceed an average salary of $20 million./img]

Be nice to qualify this "should exceed" if offered.
We do know Knicks were diligent to not overpay. What happens from that point is to be determined if he exceeds or not.
The question is off the bench can he achieve enough to warrant another team to look at him as a starter and pay him the bigger money?

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/3/2023  1:40 PM
blkexec wrote:

IQ is a RFA. Knicks can match any offer. See him in the $22M four year range.
However, I think it's more about the role than the money for IQ. Feel he can be an elite starter for many teams. Not sure what his path is to making sure his next contract is with a team that has a starting role.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2023  4:58 PM
Nalod wrote:as per NY post this am:

[img]A source denied the specific numbers of a report that Immanuel Quickley wanted an average salary of $25 million in contract extension negotiations, while the Knicks were only willing to offer around $18 million per.

It’s still unclear what the difference was. Regardless, the sides couldn’t reach an agreement, and Quickley will become a restricted free agent in the summer. If his production continues, the 24-year-old guard should exceed an average salary of $20 million./img]

We do know Knicks were diligent to not overpay. What happens from that point is to be determined if he exceeds or not.
The question is off the bench can he achieve enough to warrant another team to look at him as a starter and pay him the bigger money?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2023  10:36 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:as per NY post this am:

Maybe he wanted $30mm?

IQ will enter restricted FA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy