[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade RJ
Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
10/28/2023  6:07 PM
While I have been an RJ supporter for years - I think realistically he's going to look like what we've seen the first few games. One night he shoots 35/40% and scores 18-20 pts and the next game he shoots 55% and scores more. That can work if the first and second options are more steady and reliable. Brunson mostly is but Randle is also streaky so that magnifies things. So trade him or not unless his role changes this is probably what we will have with him as the 3rd guy. I'd be fine to trade him for the right player but suspect Randle will have to either drop down to the 3rd position or be moved eventually.
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/28/2023  11:00 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Not for nothing, this year he isn’t starting out slow. Two games against two solid defensive teams and he is averaging 25points on 50% from the floor with 40% from 3 and 85% from FT line. I mean. If that’s what we have been waiting for, I may have been a bit impatient but damn I hope it continues.

So don't trade him?

I mean, I guess the question is whether these two games are the start of a streak or an outlier. We know from the playoffs and FIBA that he is capable of playing at this level. We also know he can play a bit loose and regress quickly. But the Knick fab in me wants to believe, so in the absence of a clear improvement to the team, I’m not ready to dump him as a salary play.

Despite the loss to Boston, I love how this team has played so far even when they looked like Stormtroopers shooting the ball.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/28/2023  11:04 PM
Nalod wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Not for nothing, this year he isn’t starting out slow. Two games against two solid defensive teams and he is averaging 25points on 50% from the floor with 40% from 3 and 85% from FT line. I mean. If that’s what we have been waiting for, I may have been a bit impatient but damn I hope it continues.

The playmaking and timing has been good. Better last night. He came up big when the moment called.
He looks like Jules body wise at similar age. Kid is growing into a monster.

As for Jules, his hands are a bit unsteady but Im guessing he has not played much in the offseason. His pace is a bit slow compared to the rest of the team.

He’s hesitating using the pump fake to try and get defenders off their feet, but it’s become so commonplace that I don’t think anyone falls for it. So, he then results in passing up the open look to dribble a lot before the double team or triple team or quadruple team sets in and players know he isn’t passing until he leaves his feet and then it’s a coin toss whether he puts up a shot or rotates his body awkwardly to try and make a tough pass. Now, this is not the spinover of old, but he is telegraphing it all day. He needs to to just let it rip more quick and make decisions more quickly. He’ll be fine, but someone should show the tape of him making the same pump fake into triple coverage turnovers.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/29/2023  12:43 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The playmaking and timing has been good. Better last night. He came up big when the moment called.
He looks like Jules body wise at similar age. Kid is growing into a monster.

As for Jules, his hands are a bit unsteady but Im guessing he has not played much in the offseason. His pace is a bit slow compared to the rest of the team.

He’s hesitating using the pump fake to try and get defenders off their feet, but it’s become so commonplace that I don’t think anyone falls for it. So, he then results in passing up the open look to dribble a lot before the double team or triple team or quadruple team sets in and players know he isn’t passing until he leaves his feet and then it’s a coin toss whether he puts up a shot or rotates his body awkwardly to try and make a tough pass. Now, this is not the spinover of old, but he is telegraphing it all day. He needs to to just let it rip more quick and make decisions more quickly. He’ll be fine, but someone should show the tape of him making the same pump fake into triple coverage turnovers.

LOL, yes, someone should.
We have seen Jules do this before and then not. He is way out of synch

DLeethal
Member: #9126

10/30/2023  9:24 AM
RJ looks pretty good this year. Knicks are waiting for the blockbuster trade. Lots of players will be included in that trade. Probably RJ, maybe Randle, but there is no point of trading RJ until "the big trade" IMO.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/30/2023  10:01 AM
DLeethal wrote:RJ looks pretty good this year. Knicks are waiting for the blockbuster trade. Lots of players will be included in that trade. Probably RJ, maybe Randle, but there is no point of trading RJ until "the big trade" IMO.

I don't know what the Big Trade is supposed to look like any more. A few teams are now stacked with three superstars, and are still not considered runaway favorites.

Suppose we get to keep Brunson, and trade for an Embiid or a Giannis. Does not make us a contender even on paper.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/30/2023  10:04 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
DLeethal wrote:RJ looks pretty good this year. Knicks are waiting for the blockbuster trade. Lots of players will be included in that trade. Probably RJ, maybe Randle, but there is no point of trading RJ until "the big trade" IMO.

I don't know what the Big Trade is supposed to look like any more. A few teams are now stacked with three superstars, and are still not considered runaway favorites.

Suppose we get to keep Brunson, and trade for an Embiid or a Giannis. Does not make us a contender even on paper.

Shouldn't have to, I think even FO thinks it'll be a combo of moves

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

10/30/2023  10:10 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

we are already a low key contender, Brunson with either Embiid or Giannis is ABSOLUTELY a contender. Giannis won a title without anyone as good as Brunson.

No one has 3 superstars.

Some of you guys seem to want a dream team now, be happy we have such a good young team flush with assets after almost 3 decades of misery.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2023  10:26 AM
Depth is another way of winning and you have to have it regardless.
Jrue Holiday is a different type of player than Brunson but he has a chip for a reason.
His defense makes a big impact. Middleton, BroPez......Your selling it short.
We can sit here and play pretend GM all day long and argue concepts. Bottom line is Knick fans, like most are inherent starphuchers and we want that big name.
And we want it NOW!!!
Its the fans, its its in the media, and it is what we like.
Big trades are about what is left to contend with and can others step up to fill on paper gaps.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/31/2023  11:28 PM
Trade RJ and assets for Mikal Bridges. Problem solved!
blkexec
Member: #748
11/1/2023  1:36 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Trade RJ and assets for Mikal Bridges. Problem solved!

Well if RJ continues to out play bridges, which so far that’s a true statement but it’s early. I don’t see why the nets would want to make us better. We would have to give up a lot for them to listen. RJs ceiling might be higher than bridges. But bridges would complete the Villanova reunion.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
11/2/2023  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2023  9:17 AM

RJ was missed.

When 2 of the big 3 shoot inefficient, we lose 90% of the time.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/2/2024  10:00 AM
Really tough pulling the trigger on a guy everyone in the organization loves, but it looks like the Knicks really made the right move here. Randle and Brunson are.ready to compete for a championship and upgrading from RJ to OG is a.move the team needed to make.
Trade RJ

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy