[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Running it back year #2 (alongside the QB of our Offense).
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

10/12/2023  12:49 AM
I'm excited for 2023-2024 man and I feel refreshed (after taking an Offseason break/vacation).

Especially considering the fact how (imo) the PG position is the QB position (of basketball) and Jalen Brunson? Year #2 under Thibs system? Along with a lot more chemistry and knowledge of his teammates?

Sheesh.

I think 2023-2024 becomes a lot of fun for us Knicks fans here @ UK.

PS: Last year we almost won 50 games (47) ala the most wins since dating back to 2000's 48 W's and/or 2012's 54 W's; and that was despite getting off to a super slow start (10-13 after 23 games and/or 18-18 after 36 games) and I feel/believe that slow start only happened because the QB of our Offense (Jalen Brunson) was only just getting his feet wet (while teammates had to adjust on the fly).

But this year?

I'm expecting NY to come out hot to start off the season (due to a lot more chemistry surrounding Jalen Brunson @ PG) and ride the momentum of finishing 22-12 to end the regular season last year.

2 wins away from the Eastern Conference Finals last year? During Year #1 with a brand new QB @ PG?

Can't wait to see what year #2 has in store for us.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/12/2023  8:38 AM
Brunson is a sort of in prime “Russell WIlson”. Gets the job done despite on paper specs regarding length, vertical, and wingspan.

Fanboy in all of us wants that hot start given continuity is the major off season theme and we finished strong last season.
I applaud your efforts on Tweeter. Good luck with it all. But remember to stay accountable to facts than color your opinions as such.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/12/2023  8:39 AM
He's baaaaaaaackkkkkkk
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
10/12/2023  8:41 AM
NYKMentality wrote:I'm excited for 2023-2024 man and I feel refreshed (after taking an Offseason break/vacation).

Especially considering the fact how (imo) the PG position is the QB position (of basketball) and Jalen Brunson? Year #2 under Thibs system? Along with a lot more chemistry and knowledge of his teammates?

Sheesh.

PS: Last year we almost won 50 games (47) ala the most wins since dating back to 2000's 48 W's and/or 2012's 54 W's; and that was despite getting off to a super slow start (10-13 after 23 games and/or 18-18 after 36 games) and I feel/believe that slow start only happened because the QB of our Offense (Jalen Brunson) was only just getting his feet wet (while teammates had to adjust on the fly).

But this year?

I'm expecting NY to come out hot to start off the season (due to a lot more chemistry surrounding Jalen Brunson @ PG) and ride the momentum of finishing 22-12 to end the regular season last year.

2 wins away from the Eastern Conference Finals last year? During Year #1 with a brand new QB @ PG?

What's your prediction for this year? And if it's not in the 60's we know it's not the real you

NYKMentality

10/12/2023  9:41 AM
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:I'm excited for 2023-2024 man and I feel refreshed (after taking an Offseason break/vacation).

Sheesh.

But this year?

What's your prediction for this year? And if it's not in the 60's we know it's not the real you

I won't make any more predictions I just wanna watch this core group grow into what I know they can develop into (60 win team).

martin
USA
10/12/2023  11:30 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
martin wrote:

Sheesh.

But this year?

I won't make any more predictions I just wanna watch this core group grow into what I know they can develop into (60 win team).

I hear you loud and clear on the 60 wins

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/12/2023  12:16 PM
martin wrote:He's baaaaaaaackkkkkkk

Aw S**T

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/12/2023  12:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

Aw S**T

when your team's 3rd/4th option is Kobe things are good. Stop hating
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

10/12/2023  1:29 PM
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Aw S**T

Hating?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/12/2023  2:35 PM
we took a major step back from Thibs first year. We had good luck with Derek Rose in Thibs' first year, but that wasn't sustainable.

A year later, we got his replacement in Brunson, and added some other nice, core pieces.

Injuries are the major concern for me.

That and I guess switching back to FUBO and downgrading my Hulu.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/12/2023  2:38 PM
franco12 wrote:we took a major step back from Thibs first year. We had good luck with Derek Rose in Thibs' first year, but that wasn't sustainable.

A year later, we got his replacement in Brunson, and added some other nice, core pieces.

Yeah, seems like every other year under Thibs we have a great season then a bad season.

When expectations are high, we fail. When they are low, we rise.

Right now, expectations are high, so don't be surprised if we have a slow start.

Seems to fit the analytical pattern.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/12/2023  3:29 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Aw S**T

Hating?

cmon you dont remember his "RJ is a young Kobe" thread?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKMentality

10/13/2023  5:24 AM
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Aw S**T
Hating?

Well.

Here's the new and improved and updated version of it.

R.J. Barrett 1st 4 NBA Years
4,900 Points✔️
1,469 Rebounds✔️
769 Assists❌

Vs

Kobe Bryant 1st 4 Years
4,240 Points❌
1,054 Rebounds❌
803 Assists✔️

Yes.

Kobe had more efficient shooting percentages but just the fact R.J.'s been able to score this amount of Points + Rebounds + Assists since being drafted? It's pretty awesome.

But the kicker?

RJ (unlike Kobe) wasn't blessed with a HOF🐐Center in his PRIME Shaq O'Neal + Phil Jackson's legendary Triangle Offense in other words who's RJ's Shaq and who's RJ's Phil Jax because Kobe was drafted into NBA Heaven (LAKERS) while R.J. Barrett was drafted into NBA HELL (Knicks).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Before you know it we'll be heading into RJs 10th NBA Season and every year RJ will have Kobe beat in Points + Rebounds and almost identical in Assists 😭

Nalod
USA
10/13/2023  1:13 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Aw S**T
Hating?

Well.

4,900 Points✔️
1,469 Rebounds✔️
769 Assists❌

Vs

Kobe Bryant 1st 4 Years
4,240 Points❌
1,054 Rebounds❌
803 Assists✔️

Yes.

Kobe had more efficient shooting percentages but just the fact R.J.'s been able to score this amount of Points + Rebounds + Assists since being drafted? It's pretty awesome.

But the kicker?

RJ (unlike Kobe) wasn't blessed with a HOF🐐Center in his PRIME Shaq O'Neal + Phil Jackson's legendary Triangle Offense in other words who's RJ's Shaq and who's RJ's Phil Jax because Kobe was drafted into NBA Heaven (LAKERS) while R.J. Barrett was drafted into NBA HELL (Knicks).

Before you know it we'll be heading into RJs 10th NBA Season and every year RJ will have Kobe beat in Points + Rebounds and almost identical in Assists 😭

Preach it!!!!!!
Good work.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/13/2023  5:03 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Aw S**T
Hating?

Well.

4,900 Points✔️
1,469 Rebounds✔️
769 Assists❌

Vs

Kobe Bryant 1st 4 Years
4,240 Points❌
1,054 Rebounds❌
803 Assists✔️

Yes.

But the kicker?

Kobe isn't the best comparison out of all the comparisons that can be made to regarding RJ. Kobe was more fluid, more athletic, better ball handler, superior bag, and some of the best footwork in NBA history. RJ mostly relies on his strength.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/13/2023  5:07 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Aw S**T
Hating?

Well.

4,900 Points✔️
1,469 Rebounds✔️
769 Assists❌

Vs

Kobe Bryant 1st 4 Years
4,240 Points❌
1,054 Rebounds❌
803 Assists✔️

Yes.

But the kicker?

Kobe isn't the best comparison out of all the comparisons that can be made to regarding RJ. Kobe was more fluid, more athletic, better ball handler, superior bag, and some of the best footwork in NBA history. RJ mostly relies on his strength.

Yes we need a better comparison, like MJ, or Oscar Robertson, Lebron, Magic, maybe Kareem….

One thing he has none of those mentioned did - a Knicks jersey!

Nalod
USA
10/13/2023  5:52 PM
Ok to have a little fun out there the "Maple Mamba" thing, or any comps are a few years old now.
Nobody is saying RJ is a comp to Kobe. The point I believe is we **** on RJ for being inefficient a bit too much and forget his aggregate numbers are pretty good.
This kid just tighten up a few things and he is there.
For most fans "if we have not seen it, it can't happen". Some truth to that. While he has been in the league for years and years, he is still 23.
He is the longest tenured knick at this point. He is family.
While he won't lead us to the promised land, he still has some upside and another rung to climb WE HOPE!
Philc1
Member: #8897

10/15/2023  10:02 AM
franco12 wrote:we took a major step back from Thibs first year. We had good luck with Derek Rose in Thibs' first year, but that wasn't sustainable.

Brunson was way more than just a replacement for Rose who was really just a good energy guy off the bench for 3 months in 2021. Brunson was arguably closer to 2008 Derrick Rose

Philc1
Member: #8897

10/15/2023  10:03 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Aw S**T
Hating?

Well.

4,900 Points✔️
1,469 Rebounds✔️
769 Assists❌

Vs

Kobe Bryant 1st 4 Years
4,240 Points❌
1,054 Rebounds❌
803 Assists✔️

Yes.

But the kicker?

Yes and Zach Wilson is Pat Mahomes 2.0

Nalod
USA
10/15/2023  10:29 AM
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Aw S**T
Hating?

Well.

4,900 Points✔️
1,469 Rebounds✔️
769 Assists❌

Vs

Kobe Bryant 1st 4 Years
4,240 Points❌
1,054 Rebounds❌
803 Assists✔️

Yes.

But the kicker?

Yes and Zach Wilson is Pat Mahomes 2.0

And you were doing so well there for a while.......LOL

Running it back year #2 (alongside the QB of our Offense).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy