[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason Opener Gamethread! Monday Oct 9th. Boston Celtics @ New York Knicks - 7:30pm EST
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2023  2:07 PM
Mitch and IQ looked hungry. Love that because both are playing for and want bigger roles.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/10/2023  2:34 PM
fishmike wrote:Mitch and IQ looked hungry. Love that because both are playing for and want bigger roles.

IQ wants to get paid!

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/10/2023  4:26 PM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:Mitch and IQ looked hungry. Love that because both are playing for and want bigger roles.

IQ wants to get paid!

Yep. An expensive 21 points. Let’s hope he stinks up the joint next game!

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/10/2023  5:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2023  5:47 PM
My first impression of the game?

Nice warmup game against 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Prichard is a damn good shooter.
Who the hell schedules back to back preseason games?
Will Thibs go to a 10 man rotation and play angry EF?
Was DDV nervous? Due to his slow start.
Who makes the final roster cut.
Would Jacob be a better fit at backup PF than Obi?
Will KP sit every back to back game this season?
Need to make one more move to compete in the east.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2023  4:35 PM
blkexec wrote:My first impression of the game?

expect EF to get minutes to showcase himself to the league. Thibs is good like that. No way he sees the floor regular season unless some ankles are turned and there's a fight and half the team has covid.

Honestly it took 1 preseason game to see why Jacob is here and Obi is not

Im glad we didnt make a move. I think it's premature. We are young and first priorities should be seeing how good are Brunson, Grimes and IQ. I think we can see upticks from guys like RJ or Mitch but really I wanna know what we have in those 3 guards before selling. Im ok with being conservative. Unless a player makes a contender I say wait.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/11/2023  6:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:I had forgotten how much I hate all this wagering talk is before the games. I'm a old fashioned man but gambling is something to be wary of, the House always wins. Be careful with your wallets young people and your smart phones where the compulsion can become very dangerous.. sermon over

Giving 3-1 odds that Alpha is wrong

My deadly sin is lust, speaking of that, cheerleaders please.

Toddbot is on the job..

Not caring for the AI pics

Didnt know it was AI until someone pointed it out, and I had a closer look.

Can only imagine what they will be able to do in ten years. Maybe spell the jerseys right-ha

Nevermind ten years from now...scary stuff.

[IMG_block] https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https%3A%2F%2Farc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost%252Es3%252Eamazonaws%252Ecom%2Fpublic%2FMBOLIYVJBJXLQWP7DFAA4D4EFM%252Ejpg&w=792&h=528 [/IMG_block]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/10/11/ai-face-google-best-take/

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/11/2023  6:37 PM
fishmike wrote:

expect EF to get minutes to showcase himself to the league. Thibs is good like that. No way he sees the floor regular season unless some ankles are turned and there's a fight and half the team has covid.

Im glad we didnt make a move. I think it's premature. We are young and first priorities should be seeing how good are Brunson, Grimes and IQ. I think we can see upticks from guys like RJ or Mitch but really I wanna know what we have in those 3 guards before selling. Im ok with being conservative. Unless a player makes a contender I say wait.

I see your angle. GMs think 5th seed which is a nice floor for this team. But we haven’t seen the ceiling yet! And that’s the most exciting part. I agree. And patients have a why we are in this position now. Solid present and future cap and picks. Yes. This is not the season to be pessimistic.

BUT

This is NYC and we not getting any younger. Plus chips are also won win opportunities occur. I think with Denver winning shows parity right now and anybody can be beat. There’s no MJ, bron is old and phx might be that next champion. We need that one big solid move like that without starting over like getting Melo that yr.

RJ and Jules been together for 5 years? No excuses this season between them 2. They should know each other by now. Don’t want to see Jules frustrated like he don’t know RJ has tunnel vision.

But we know JB me reliable aka “the killer” that guy, he stay ready! If all 3 being it this season we solid. That’s our engine. Everybody else are parts.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/11/2023  6:40 PM
blkexec wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I see your angle. GMs think 5th seed which is a nice floor for this team. But we haven’t seen the ceiling yet! And that’s the most exciting part. I agree. And patients have a why we are in this position now. Solid present and future cap and picks. Yes. This is not the season to be pessimistic.

BUT

This is NYC and we not getting any younger. Plus chips are also won win opportunities occur. I think with Denver winning shows parity right now and anybody can be beat. There’s no MJ, bron is old and phx might be that next champion. We need that one big solid move like that without starting over like getting Melo that yr.

RJ and Jules been together for 5 years? No excuses this season between them 2. They should know each other by now. Don’t want to see Jules frustrated like he don’t know RJ has tunnel vision.

But we know JB me reliable aka “the killer” that guy, he stay ready! If all 3 being it this season we solid. That’s our engine. Everybody else are parts.

No team is getting younger but the Knicks were THE youngest rotation to make it to the second round. By like 3 or 4 years.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/11/2023  10:49 PM
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Rookie wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

Hopefully it’s because someone in camp impressed and is getting a chance at b/u PF

Deuce McBride?

Sims maybe? I’m still all in on Jacob Toppin to make the team. Let the deuce McToppin era begin

I second that. Big Jacob toppin fan. I believe he has a lot of potential on both ends.

Sell us on Jacob please. Didn’t see much last night but its just one preseason game. He is 23. Them Toppin boys are late bloomers.
I like angry EF also! Can’t say media attention gets him traded or Boston (who he played for) has any influence but at 18mil its not an easy contract to move and either knicks asked too much, or teams wanted to dump something on us we did not want.
Teams know what Evan is and he is a solid pro. They say his FIBA game and understand his limitations.
For the most part the teams that had cap space were young and want to give minutes to yoot.
The team that can use him most likley will wait for a buyout. I assume he wants to play, not just sit and get paid.

Think if you took Obi and added 50 points to his basketball IQ. Jacob is a high energy effort guy who won't get lost on D or miss rotations. He is a dogged defender who will crash the boards and doesn't shy away from contact. He will get you garbage baskets, back door cuts and rebound like a demon possessed. He can dribble and pass and will be constant motion on offense if not made to stand in the corner. His weakness is his shot. It doesn't look very reliable and I am not sure it ever will be. He has a prototypical Wings body and athleticism which is a plus on a team that has a lot of tweeners. He knows how to play and is always around the ball on both ends. He should develop into a nice NBA bench guy. While I don't know this, I think he is likely a very good lockeroom guy also. This kid is going to make an NBA team and he has all the attributes of a 'Thibs guy'.

That is interesting if you are correct given Obi was national player of the year and Jacob undrafted.
I was assuming he had a low bball IQ and sucked on D because he looks skinny.

Wouldn’t it be a kicker if Jacob becomes a bigger rotation player vs Obi - that would be a WOW but I’m not buying just yet.

Preseason Opener Gamethread! Monday Oct 9th. Boston Celtics @ New York Knicks - 7:30pm EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy