[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Giants game thread…
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
4/27/2024  7:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2024  7:01 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I still believe in Daniel Jones. Plus, reaching on a QB when you have the opportunity to pick a potential Pro Bowl WR is just plain stupid. This is the right move.

Plus, there is the financial of it all. Right or wrong, you just married yourself to DJ with that contract. You would have really messed up the cap for this year if you put all that money at QB when you need help at so many positions.

I believe saying they would trade up and get a QB was a draft day play. Nabers was the pick all along and it makes since. Good point on the financial reasons for not going QB in the first.

Rounds 2 and 3 was also grade A picks. Best safety in the draft and they picked a dog at CB. So far grade A across the board.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/27/2024  10:27 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I still believe in Daniel Jones. Plus, reaching on a QB when you have the opportunity to pick a potential Pro Bowl WR is just plain stupid. This is the right move.

Plus, there is the financial of it all. Right or wrong, you just married yourself to DJ with that contract. You would have really messed up the cap for this year if you put all that money at QB when you need help at so many positions.

I actually agreed with Stephen A Smith regarding DJ. He said essentially that he changed his game, got paid, and was like nahhh I’m good

Here are facts, his career numbers are in line with Blake Borttles

I went to Tulane and Pratt is available. That guy can play. He out dueled Caleb Williams two years ago. I think I’m normal years he’s a day 2 pick. I would love the Giants to draft him and develop him for at least half the year, hopefully the full year. Then cut DJ when it doesn’t mess the cap up and draft another QB next year and just come to camp with a lot of lottery tickets

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/27/2024  11:07 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I actually agreed with Stephen A Smith regarding DJ. He said essentially that he changed his game, got paid, and was like nahhh I’m good

I went to Tulane and Pratt is available. That guy can play. He out dueled Caleb Williams two years ago. I think I’m normal years he’s a day 2 pick. I would love the Giants to draft him and develop him for at least half the year, hopefully the full year. Then cut DJ when it doesn’t mess the cap up and draft another QB next year and just come to camp with a lot of lottery tickets

We only have 3 more picks on the 3rd day. Picking a developmental QB is not good business when you have a lot of needs. We have drew lock as backup. Tommy cutlets as 3rd string. Punt on QB this year. If we need it next year then pick one in the first. Set that next QB up for success. Get a RB and TE in rounds 4 and 5. Then get a DT.
NYKBocker
USA
4/27/2024  11:08 AM
Also, Stephen a Smith doesn't know anything about football. He is fun to listen to but he is not very knowledgeable in football
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/27/2024  12:05 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Also, Stephen a Smith doesn't know anything about football. He is fun to listen to but he is not very knowledgeable in football

Or anything other than being a personality which has served him well.

NYKBocker
USA
4/27/2024  5:50 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Also, Stephen a Smith doesn't know anything about football. He is fun to listen to but he is not very knowledgeable in football
Or anything other than being a personality which has served him well.
That is true. A caricature right now. His take on game 2 was to pacify Knicks fans and sixers fans
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/28/2024  7:04 AM
Good draft. Looks like we addressed some skilled positions with some guys who should start day 1. Unfortunately we still will not win many games this season but a few more years of steady progress filling team needs with inexpensive talent and we should be able to draft a QB

Maybe a 5 win team this season? We’ll have to wait to see if DJ is healed and still willing to risk his body. And there is that injury clause in his contract which will screw our cap if he plays and gets a season’s bending injury again

SupremeCommander

4/28/2024  3:12 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

We only have 3 more picks on the 3rd day. Picking a developmental QB is not good business when you have a lot of needs. We have drew lock as backup. Tommy cutlets as 3rd string. Punt on QB this year. If we need it next year then pick one in the first. Set that next QB up for success. Get a RB and TE in rounds 4 and 5. Then get a DT.

They listened to you. That’s why we’re reached so bad for a TE and why I haven’t seen anyone grade us well, despite trying arguably the best non QB in the draft

NYKBocker
USA
4/29/2024  8:26 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I actually agreed with Stephen A Smith regarding DJ. He said essentially that he changed his game, got paid, and was like nahhh I'm good

I went to Tulane and Pratt is available. That guy can play. He out dueled Caleb Williams two years ago. I think I'm normal years he's a day 2 pick. I would love the Giants to draft him and develop him for at least half the year, hopefully the full year. Then cut DJ when it doesn't mess the cap up and draft another QB next year and just come to camp with a lot of lottery tickets

They listened to you. That's why we're reached so bad for a TE and why I haven't seen anyone grade us well, despite trying arguably the best non QB in the draft

Yeah. I wanted Nabers. I also wanted a Top Safety to replace in the 2nd. I wanted CB in the 3rd as well. A little disappointed not getting a DT but there was a run on serviceable DTs after we picked TE. However, I am very happy with our haul. We just need the FA DTs we signed to help Sexy Dexy.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/29/2024  9:15 AM
Talking heads not happy G-men doubling down on DJ. Pointing to his injury history and that older players don’t suddenly start getting healthier. Saying we have the weakest QB room in the NFC. Not for nothing but we should be in good position to trade up for a QB next year or the year after. Got to fix all the holes in the roster first IMHO
NYKBocker
USA
4/29/2024  10:44 AM
Rookie wrote:Talking heads not happy G-men doubling down on DJ. Pointing to his injury history and that older players don’t suddenly start getting healthier. Saying we have the weakest QB room in the NFC. Not for nothing but we should be in good position to trade up for a QB next year or the year after. Got to fix all the holes in the roster first IMHO

Those talking heads are idiots. They want to draft a QB cap be damned. That is not how to build a team. Daboll/Schoen gambled on DJ and giving themselves an out after 2 years. You have to follow your plan. Changing mid stream is stupid.

Also, Marvin Harrison Jr/Nabers/Odunze are ranked higher than any QB left for the Giants to pick at 6. A lot of scouts and GMs have Marvin Harrison and Nabers better than any of the QBs selected 1 to 3. I always go by best available rather than picking for need in the 1st round.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/29/2024  11:31 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Rookie wrote:Talking heads not happy G-men doubling down on DJ. Pointing to his injury history and that older players don’t suddenly start getting healthier. Saying we have the weakest QB room in the NFC. Not for nothing but we should be in good position to trade up for a QB next year or the year after. Got to fix all the holes in the roster first IMHO

Those talking heads are idiots. They want to draft a QB cap be damned. That is not how to build a team. Daboll/Schoen gambled on DJ and giving themselves an out after 2 years. You have to follow your plan. Changing mid stream is stupid.

Also, Marvin Harrison Jr/Nabers/Odunze are ranked higher than any QB left for the Giants to pick at 6. A lot of scouts and GMs have Marvin Harrison and Nabers better than any of the QBs selected 1 to 3. I always go by best available rather than picking for need in the 1st round.

Different games of course but thinking of all the talking heads’ comments on the Knicks moves the past few years. The proper term for them is “gasbags.”
SupremeCommander

5/3/2024  9:48 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I actually agreed with Stephen A Smith regarding DJ. He said essentially that he changed his game, got paid, and was like nahhh I'm good

I went to Tulane and Pratt is available. That guy can play. He out dueled Caleb Williams two years ago. I think I'm normal years he's a day 2 pick. I would love the Giants to draft him and develop him for at least half the year, hopefully the full year. Then cut DJ when it doesn't mess the cap up and draft another QB next year and just come to camp with a lot of lottery tickets

They listened to you. That's why we're reached so bad for a TE and why I haven't seen anyone grade us well, despite trying arguably the best non QB in the draft

Yeah. I wanted Nabers. I also wanted a Top Safety to replace in the 2nd. I wanted CB in the 3rd as well. A little disappointed not getting a DT but there was a run on serviceable DTs after we picked TE. However, I am very happy with our haul. We just need the FA DTs we signed to help Sexy Dexy.

personally, I wish the top three picks were the exact same, and the last three went to BPA. Yeah there will be holes. But I don't necessarily like the plan of filling a hole with 6th round pick. It can be fool's gold. Or it can be fleeting, just look at last year's CB2 starting situation

OT: Giants game thread…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy