[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Giants game thread…
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/3/2023  3:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2023  3:43 PM
ToddTT wrote:Daboll is an idiot. Take the 3 points instead of getting cute.

I felt the same way last night. He tried the same crap earlier. So, yeah DJ kinda stinks, but I thought the outcome was on Dabs. We were banged up, short staffed - and it could have been 14-9. If the defense steps up there is a change to win... which would have been incredible. Like what if it is closer... does Thibodeaux find it in him to get to that ball and return it for a TD?

Only an ******* who thinks they're the smartest guy in the room goes for it twice with a team this banged up and performing so poorly

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/3/2023  3:43 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Rookie wrote:Giants are underdogs in every remaining game this season. Not what I expected this season. I’m not going to pile on DJ but he is not looking like the answer

I know there are some of us here old enough to remember Eli and Peyton's dad Archie Manning. Super talented, drafted second overall, he played for the woeful New Orleans Saints teams of the 70s - known by their fans as the "Ain'ts". Same fans were the original bag over the head gang. Manning was brutalized by opposing defensive lines and never really had a chance to show what he could be. Wrecked his career really.

Jones was sacked ten times last night. Not saying he bears no responsibility, but that O line is dreadful.

Is the line dreadful or is DJ dreadful. Why do I feel like a different type of QB can make a bad line look above average.

I’m not sure what the one issue is, but DJ was my first QB selected in fantasy and thank God I didn’t wait long to draft his backup who’s a rookie. I rather play my rookie (Anthony Richardson) over Jones right now.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SupremeCommander

10/3/2023  4:41 PM

**** me that's brutal

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/4/2023  7:53 PM

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/6/2023  10:24 AM
Suddenly Justin Fields and Zach Wilson are Warren Moon and Joe Montana after 1 game
blkexec
10/6/2023  10:46 AM
Philc1 wrote:Suddenly Justin Fields and Zach Wilson are Warren Moon and Joe Montana after 1 game

I don't know about Wilson, but Fields is killing it right now, after 2 well played games. My fantasy team is very happy. Now back to the good news with DJ. At lease with DJ as the starter, our chances of getting that USC QB is looking more promising, especially with Miami and Buffalo on deck.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SergioNYK
USA
10/8/2023  9:12 AM
If we lose under 20 I'd be shocked.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/8/2023  9:25 AM
SergioNYK wrote:If we lose under 20 I'd be shocked.

It’s a good day in NY to get some sunshine.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/8/2023  3:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2023  3:26 PM
ToddTT wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:If we lose under 20 I'd be shocked.

It’s a good day in NY to get some sunshine.

Giant thread?
Thought we folded a few years back?

So we are losing. Big deal. Important thing is to stay focused on small accomplishments.
Feel defense can get to 600 yards. Only if they really try though.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
10/9/2023  6:20 AM
Can we fast forward to the draft?

SergioNYK
USA
10/9/2023  9:10 AM
I love the Giants a little bit more than the Knicks honestly so this hurts my soul. This is the worst Giants team I have ever seen. From how the roster was built to the coaching to the gameplan to how the individual players are playing, it's the worst. And we've seen McAdoo, Shurmur and Judge all within the last 10 years.

And you can't keep firing coaches every two years so we're kind of stuck.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/9/2023  9:25 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I love the Giants a little bit more than the Knicks honestly so this hurts my soul. This is the worst Giants team I have ever seen. From how the roster was built to the coaching to the gameplan to how the individual players are playing, it's the worst. And we've seen McAdoo, Shurmur and Judge all within the last 10 years.

I want to see a healthy o-line and JMS with a few more snaps. Probably should be a seller this season though.

This is the Randle.
SupremeCommander

10/9/2023  10:06 AM
Ownership is terrible and has no clue IMHO. There is nothing Wellington about these guys
SergioNYK
USA
10/9/2023  10:12 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I love the Giants a little bit more than the Knicks honestly so this hurts my soul. This is the worst Giants team I have ever seen. From how the roster was built to the coaching to the gameplan to how the individual players are playing, it's the worst. And we've seen McAdoo, Shurmur and Judge all within the last 10 years.

I want to see a healthy o-line and JMS with a few more snaps. Probably should be a seller this season though.

Trading Saquon, Adoree and Leonard Williams are musts imo.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/9/2023  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2023  10:37 AM
Not the NFL fan I once was but pull for the Giants and Jets and keep a peripheral eye on the game. Giants are a sad scene and this season is a big disappointment to say the least. I was hoping for Daniel Jones to make the leap but as I said earlier that O line would make it impossible for just about any quarterback. I enjoyed the Jets win and also would like to see Zach Wilson succeed, and although he has made some steps you can’t help but wonder what a healthy Rodgers would mean.

But an interesting thing I took from yesterday’s games was from watching Dallas/San Francisco in the Sunday Night Game (I also enjoy watching the Cowboys lose). The Forty Niners QB Brock Purdy looked awesome. He was dealing with a good constant rush from a good Cowboys defense and with some slight side stepping and a terrific quick release just kept building the momentum and points and ended up giving Dallas a real beat down. This guy was the last player drafted in the 2022 draft! Another QB making a big statement is Jalen Hurts of the Eagles taken in the second round. I look at particularly the Jets who have squandered assets to move up and get Wilson Sam Darnold or trade for Rodgers. Along with other teams striking out on these big moves - so many over the years.

And I can apply it to the Knicks who after many years of making these headline grabbing trades and crapping the bed, are taking a sure footed approach and finding key players later in the draft and in less spectacular moves. Not exactly the same of course but I think successful sports teams tend to be ones with smart not showy philosophies.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/9/2023  4:02 PM

Didn't giants win a playoff game last year? It was a feel good story?

SergioNYK
USA
10/10/2023  10:14 AM
Nalod wrote:

Didn't giants win a playoff game last year? It was a feel good story?

Yes with a worse roster. It makes no sense! I've never seen a team and coach decline so quickly from year to year.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/10/2023  12:19 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

+1 to these three...painful though it will be. Time to recalibrate for the future. We're certainly not re-signing any of these guys.

SergioNYK
USA
10/10/2023  12:20 PM
Moonangie wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

+1 to these three...painful though it will be. Time to recalibrate for the future. We're certainly not re-signing any of these guys.

I'd add McKinney to this list too.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/10/2023  12:20 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Not the NFL fan I once was but pull for the Giants and Jets and keep a peripheral eye on the game. Giants are a sad scene and this season is a big disappointment to say the least. I was hoping for Daniel Jones to make the leap but as I said earlier that O line would make it impossible for just about any quarterback. I enjoyed the Jets win and also would like to see Zach Wilson succeed, and although he has made some steps you can’t help but wonder what a healthy Rodgers would mean.

But an interesting thing I took from yesterday’s games was from watching Dallas/San Francisco in the Sunday Night Game (I also enjoy watching the Cowboys lose). The Forty Niners QB Brock Purdy looked awesome. He was dealing with a good constant rush from a good Cowboys defense and with some slight side stepping and a terrific quick release just kept building the momentum and points and ended up giving Dallas a real beat down. This guy was the last player drafted in the 2022 draft! Another QB making a big statement is Jalen Hurts of the Eagles taken in the second round. I look at particularly the Jets who have squandered assets to move up and get Wilson Sam Darnold or trade for Rodgers. Along with other teams striking out on these big moves - so many over the years.

And I can apply it to the Knicks who after many years of making these headline grabbing trades and crapping the bed, are taking a sure footed approach and finding key players later in the draft and in less spectacular moves. Not exactly the same of course but I think successful sports teams tend to be ones with smart not showy philosophies.

Moneyball, ftw! Predictive analytics, too.

OT: Giants game thread…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy