[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

5/16/2024  10:58 AM
^^ i disagree. Replay shows Jackson was effectively winding up with his shoulder to deliver a blow with that screen. Refs blew it
(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

5/16/2024  10:58 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
VDesai wrote:I think is name is Alvarado

I think your correct.

"you're"

Can we all just agree to standardize on yoar? Or is that tew much tew ask?

I’m a “yer” guy myself.

I'm partial to y'all

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
5/16/2024  11:30 AM
Rookie wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
VDesai wrote:I think is name is Alvarado

I think your correct.

"you're"

Can we all just agree to standardize on yoar? Or is that tew much tew ask?

I’m a “yer” guy myself.

I'm partial to y'all

y'all's

This is the Randle.
Clean
Member: #743
5/16/2024  11:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2024  11:59 AM

Basically means don't fall for the rumors that will comeout now that he is home. No one knows yet.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2024  12:57 PM
Chandler wrote:^^ i disagree. Replay shows Jackson was effectively winding up with his shoulder to deliver a blow with that screen. Refs blew it

It was called a common foul. Your saying it should been Flagrant?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

5/16/2024  1:25 PM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:^^ i disagree. Replay shows Jackson was effectively winding up with his shoulder to deliver a blow with that screen. Refs blew it

From where I was sitting, it was a hockey play. He was trying to put Divo down intentionaly. I can't say he was trying to injure him, but he was trying to let out some aggression. Look at the play that proceeds the hit.

EwingsGlass
USA
5/16/2024  1:58 PM
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:

From where I was sitting, it was a hockey play. He was trying to put Divo down intentionaly. I can't say he was trying to injure him, but he was trying to let out some aggression. Look at the play that proceeds the hit.

If it were football, it might be called for a blindside block. Not sure there is an NBA corollary. The movement of shoulder towards DDV's shoulder and head seems intended to initiate contact though rather than merely setting a pick. He doesn't give Devo a chance to avoid contact. Now, is that more than a pick? I mean, a flagrant 1 is simply unnecessary contact. To me, this could have been called a flagrant 1, maybe even a flagrant 2 where there seems to be intent to catch Devo in the head. I think if Burks doesn't give Jackson a neck massage, they probably bump that up to a flagrant once they finish the Jackson/iHart staredown. Instead, they T up all three players. MIght not have been a flagrant though. Judgment call. I am fine with how the Knicks responded. Good to see Hart, Burks and Achiuwa intervening to protect their guy.

This is the Randle.
Chandler

5/16/2024  5:33 PM
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:

^this

YOu can stand firm as you want and if the guy runs into you hard so be it, but if you watch you can see that as Divo was imminently going to run into him he starts winding up to hit him with his shoulder. That's not a basketball move. Flagrant 1 in my book

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/16/2024  5:36 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:

If it were football, it might be called for a blindside block. Not sure there is an NBA corollary. The movement of shoulder towards DDV's shoulder and head seems intended to initiate contact though rather than merely setting a pick. He doesn't give Devo a chance to avoid contact. Now, is that more than a pick? I mean, a flagrant 1 is simply unnecessary contact. To me, this could have been called a flagrant 1, maybe even a flagrant 2 where there seems to be intent to catch Devo in the head. I think if Burks doesn't give Jackson a neck massage, they probably bump that up to a flagrant once they finish the Jackson/iHart staredown. Instead, they T up all three players. MIght not have been a flagrant though. Judgment call. I am fine with how the Knicks responded. Good to see Hart, Burks and Achiuwa intervening to protect their guy.

refs blew it. that should have been a F1 and when Carlisle cried they should tell him he's lucky it wasn't an F2

it was a bench warmer trying to take out a starter. Phil Jackson used to pull that crap even against the Knicks, using third stringers to mug up starters.

they have nesmith (sp?) doing the same thing essentially challenging the refs to call fouls. SOmetimes JB is getting fouled 3 or 4 times on one possession

(5)(5)
Clean
Member: #743
5/16/2024  7:40 PM
Checking out the Liberty game and Caitlin Clark. She does something I hate. She does not square up or set her feet on her shots. I can understand if you are under duress but she does not even do it when she has enough time to. She could shoot such a higher percentage if she did it more. It also looks like she has big problem creating seperation on the WNBA level. these girls are all over her. I am sure she will improve as she gets used to things but just somethings I noticed.
Nalod
USA
5/19/2024  2:14 PM
Year two for Mavs with Kyrie went a lot better.
Props and cred where do. That dude kept it together and Mav's knocked off the top seed out west Thunder.
We talked a lot of **** about Kyrie but this version of him in Dallas has been very good.
Hoping knicks can join them in an conference final!
NBA has two game 7's today!
Chandler

5/20/2024  8:02 AM
Nalod wrote:Year two for Mavs with Kyrie went a lot better.
Props and cred where do. That dude kept it together and Mav's knocked off the top seed out west Thunder.
We talked a lot of **** about Kyrie but this version of him in Dallas has been very good.

"due"
"Mavs"

busting balls

(5)(5)
EwingsGlass
USA
5/20/2024  8:51 AM
Chandler wrote:

"due"
"Mavs"

busting balls

Bustin’

This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
5/20/2024  9:19 AM
Chandler wrote:

"due"
"Mavs"

busting balls

balls to bust........

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/20/2024  10:48 AM
Gafford was a great deal for Dallas. A rim running 5 who upgraded their defense and can catch lobs from Kyrie/Luka. PJ also gave them exactly what they were supposed to get from Grant Williams - a small ball 4 with some toughness. Those 2 deals changed their fortunes significantly.
Nalod
USA
5/20/2024  11:22 AM
VDesai wrote:Gafford was a great deal for Dallas. A rim running 5 who upgraded their defense and can catch lobs from Kyrie/Luka. PJ also gave them exactly what they were supposed to get from Grant Williams - a small ball 4 with some toughness. Those 2 deals changed their fortunes significantly.

Good catch. Like us they made some moves that really worked for them.
PJ deal especially. He did not come cheap but he really stepped up. They really got tired of Grant Williams quick!
The tough/Thug thing does grate on teammates. It happened in Boston. Washington gives them a bit more length. Fact is when you have Luka and a focused Kyrie the complimentary players get opportunities. In CLT, Lamelo is injury prone and might be brain dead as well. With Brandon Miller on the rise he was expendable.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/20/2024  3:14 PM
https://x.com/CrumpledJumper/status/1791922559648432564

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/21/2024  10:44 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/21/2024  9:17 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/21/2024  11:15 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Da Fuq' is Karl Kuzma? The disrespect!

~You can't run from who you are.~
2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy