[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2024  11:59 AM
I can see this happening

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

4/20/2024  12:23 PM
^^^. I truly think DM wants to be a Knick and will be if we can find a way that makes sense for us and him

I don’t think he’ll be a bottom dollar guy and instead will make similar concessions that Brunson and Randle have — who each demonstrated a reasonable approach

That said, if we can’t make it work i can see him in Miami before i see him with Nets. I think he wants to win

(5)(5)
martin
USA
4/20/2024  12:30 PM
Chandler wrote:^^^. I truly think DM wants to be a Knick and will be if we can find a way that makes sense for us and him

I don’t think he’ll be a bottom dollar guy and instead will make similar concessions that Brunson and Randle have — who each demonstrated a reasonable approach

That said, if we can’t make it work i can see him in Miami before i see him with Nets. I think he wants to win

Make it so!

This offseason gonna be fun for Knicks and lots of teams, gonna be some movement IMHO

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2024  1:13 PM
The porters other brother just got 5 years for DUI involuntary manslaughter.
Doing parents proud this week! Oye!
Nalod
USA
4/20/2024  1:20 PM
Chandler wrote:^^^. I truly think DM wants to be a Knick and will be if we can find a way that makes sense for us and him

What kind of trade does Miami have to offer Cavs?

Nalod
USA
4/20/2024  1:52 PM
Media hates on any team when a fan does not like what's being written.
They state the current and project. Giannis is out and Dame looks cooked NOW.
Fans want to feel good about things. Look at our thread for the game today. All kinds of "We got this" affirmation stuff to quell the anxiety. Its natural.

SAS is a loud talking head and is paid to entertain. not enlighten or predict.

martin
USA
4/20/2024  10:06 PM
Nalod wrote:

Herro, Jovic, Jaquez, Caleb Martin picks? Something like that? Maybe Niang to Miami to offset salary.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/21/2024  4:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  4:36 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Herro, Jovic, Jaquez, Caleb Martin picks? Something like that? Maybe Niang to Miami to offset salary.

That offer sucks other teams can clearly beat it. Just because Miami may want Dame, last off season, or Spida next off season they need to make a good offer. Miami has no picks to offer unless they are going to give up the few picks they have unprotected. They would have to include Bam. Then why would Spida want to go to a rebuilding Miami who won't have picks and an aging Butler ? Press loves talking up Miami

martin
USA
4/21/2024  9:33 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

That offer sucks other teams can clearly beat it. Just because Miami may want Dame, last off season, or Spida next off season they need to make a good offer. Miami has no picks to offer unless they are going to give up the few picks they have unprotected. They would have to include Bam. Then why would Spida want to go to a rebuilding Miami who won't have picks and an aging Butler ? Press loves talking up Miami

Donovan gets to pick his place. This is now all about leverage from Donovan.

Alpha1971

4/21/2024  10:11 AM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

We heard the same thing about Dame last season. Cleveland won't just give him away to a conference rival for a bunch bad picks and scrubs. They will get a better deal.

martin
USA
4/21/2024  10:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  10:21 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

We heard the same thing about Dame last season. Cleveland won't just give him away to a conference rival for a bunch bad picks and scrubs. They will get a better deal.

You are missing the difference in contract status between the 2 players. They are not the same situation.

Donovan has 1 year left and plenty of teams will have massive cap space, Spurs and Wemby leading the way.

Cleveland will have to accommodate that situation.

martin
USA
4/21/2024  10:21 AM
Whoa

MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
4/21/2024  11:02 AM
martin wrote:Whoa

Chicago has absolutely no game plan to get out of mediocrity. Each move is looked at in a vacuum.

DD is a great - going to be 35 year old - player who helped them get all the way to 39 wins and a 9th seed. Going all in on a 2 year, win-now strategy that relies on Lonzo Ball to come back at near all star level is ballsy.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/21/2024  2:43 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:Whoa

Chicago has absolutely no game plan to get out of mediocrity. Each move is looked at in a vacuum.

DD is a great - going to be 35 year old - player who helped them get all the way to 39 wins and a 9th seed. Going all in on a 2 year, win-now strategy that relies on Lonzo Ball to come back at near all star level is ballsy.

They're really landlocked until they work out a resolution to Lavine.Problem is they'll never get the return on investment they need from any Zach trade. I forget their draft in pick situation, but I don't think tanking is really an option. Current Bulls are the past Knicks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Alpha1971

4/22/2024  4:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  4:49 AM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You are missing the difference in contract status between the 2 players. They are not the same situation.

Donovan has 1 year left and plenty of teams will have massive cap space, Spurs and Wemby leading the way.

Let's see what happens. Changes to free agency rules have adjusted to where teams know they have to trade for stars before they hit free agency and convince them to stay and many teams will attempt to trade for him as they don't have cap space otherwise. Those teams all will offer more then Miami can. Teams like the Knicks know that free agency is no longer viable for them as they are over the cap. Hence why we secured Bogs for his tradeable contract as opposed to just letting Fournier expire and losing the contract needed to match salaries. As we have seen Mitchell can extend with Cleveland and make a trade for him later if Cleveland and Mitchell are on good terms. Let's see what happens. OG wasn't just given to the Knicks in his final year of his deal before going into FA. We gave up RJ, IQ and a high second rounder when he clearly wanted to be in NY. That offer of IQ and RJ and the 2cd should be raised up a bit for Donovan and Miami don't got it unless they include BAM. Cleveland doesn't have to give him away to make Miami happy. You forget also Cleveland lost Lebron to Miami don't think they would be no invested in helping Riley.

martin
USA
4/22/2024  9:14 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Let's see what happens. Changes to free agency rules have adjusted to where teams know they have to trade for stars before they hit free agency and convince them to stay and many teams will attempt to trade for him as they don't have cap space otherwise. Those teams all will offer more then Miami can. Teams like the Knicks know that free agency is no longer viable for them as they are over the cap. Hence why we secured Bogs for his tradeable contract as opposed to just letting Fournier expire and losing the contract needed to match salaries. As we have seen Mitchell can extend with Cleveland and make a trade for him later if Cleveland and Mitchell are on good terms. Let's see what happens. OG wasn't just given to the Knicks in his final year of his deal before going into FA. We gave up RJ, IQ and a high second rounder when he clearly wanted to be in NY. That offer of IQ and RJ and the 2cd should be raised up a bit for Donovan and Miami don't got it unless they include BAM. Cleveland doesn't have to give him away to make Miami happy. You forget also Cleveland lost Lebron to Miami don't think they would be no invested in helping Riley.

That's the fallback position for Cleveland and the only card they can play: offering Donovan a max level contract IF IF IF he does a sign and trade for THEM.

That is just another way of Donovan determining where he wants to go and letting Cleveland negotiate something with that particular team in exchange for a return and signing Donovan to a contract. The other team will be immediately HARD CAPPED at the first apron, so there is also deterrence.

This ain't our dad's checkers.

martin
USA
4/22/2024  7:12 PM
So good, parents are the best

Nalod
USA
4/22/2024  10:21 PM
martin wrote:So good, parents are the best

He owes her. Come home son, come home!!

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/23/2024  10:19 AM
Nalod wrote:

I love love Spida. I figure we should just make it work.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
4/23/2024  2:14 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I love love Spida. I figure we should just make it work.

We going to have to give up players we are quite fond of on the roster to make it happen. As a fan that's not easy.
If he is hard pressed to go free agency and take a really hard line that might make it a bit easier. He has to flat out say Knicks or he walking and if he does he takes a big risk and a really hard year in Clev where fan's will not be kind. Bad karma man, bad karma! Rare for a player to walk free with max extension dangled on them. Or, have the leverage to get traded. But usually they are "reasonable" to offer a few choices.

His agent? Ty sullivan of CAA. I have heard that favors us? LOL
Rumors are he to Miami and Lakers as trade. Places that don't suck?
After last night do we need him? Not really. We love DDV and Brunson and Randle is like Family.
We have the picks, but Clev is really similar to us. They in win now mode too.
How do we land him? Does it help that Brock Aller used to work under Koby Altman in Clev? Or does that hurt?
Im sure they have talked and Knicks know the price.
All boils down to how far DM is willing to go. When player want out they get portrayed as greedy petulant spoiled brats. If that is true, it hurt marketability and thats money too!

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy