[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2024  11:17 AM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/15/2024  1:23 PM
martin wrote:That is a lot of money

That Donte deal is looking soooo good.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2024  2:27 PM
Kudos to Allen for earning that contract!
He overcame some tough headwinds after fantastic early career at Duke then did some really stupid things and had to earn respect league wise. Kept his head down and worked hard.
martin
USA
4/15/2024  6:13 PM
That scalding hot Jan

Nalod
USA
4/15/2024  11:44 PM
I see some East teams have a very good April. Philly and Miami!
Clev had the 5th beat month the same month we crushed it.
Nalod
USA
4/15/2024  11:45 PM
Grayson allen is a weird looking dude in that photo.
Looks if Ted Cruz ****ed an bald eagle they'd have a child that looks like that.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

4/16/2024  10:19 AM
Nalod wrote:Grayson allen is a weird looking dude in that photo.
Looks if Ted Cruz ****ed an bald eagle they'd have a child that looks like that.

I heard that rumor about Ted Cruz also.

martin
USA
4/16/2024  10:31 AM
Nalod wrote:Grayson allen is a weird looking dude in that photo.

hahahahahaha

martin
USA
4/16/2024  6:07 PM
KnickDanger

4/18/2024  10:15 PM
Jontay Porter banned for life. From what I gather he pulled himself out of a game that would have given someone’s $80,000 bet a payoff of over a million.

With the prevalence and influence of sports betting, I’m sure this was the only instance of this sort of thing and they would definitely catch anyone attempting it again.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/19/2024  1:13 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Jontay Porter banned for life. From what I gather he pulled himself out of a game that would have given someone’s $80,000 bet a payoff of over a million.

With the prevalence and influence of sports betting, I’m sure this was the only instance of this sort of thing and they would definitely catch anyone attempting it again.

They offered up a no body player but likely protecting a much better player. Facade of accountability. I wonder when they ban a ref.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/19/2024  7:53 AM
Not real, but ****ing funny.

Nalod
USA
4/19/2024  8:37 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Jontay Porter banned for life. From what I gather he pulled himself out of a game that would have given someone’s $80,000 bet a payoff of over a million.

They offered up a no body player but likely protecting a much better player. Facade of accountability. I wonder when they ban a ref.

What's the basis of your comment? They did ban a ref and his ass went to jail.

Why start now exposing players? Why Jontay? Because he is a "Nobody"?
Should they let it slide?
I'd guess the burden of proof is on the league and in the past if a player is "suspected" but can't be proved verbatim they are told to knock it off. Players going thru intermediaries Like Ohtani might have would be hard to prove.
Players can bet on other sports. Big name players risk EVERYTHING betting on their sport. Salary and endorsements. If you throw games or influence, maybe break of contract and criminal fraud! But League has to have absolute proof.
They did. Porter engaged in the big no no in sports.

Illegal betting has always been around. They filled the insatiable demand from people who wanted it. Blame them? Now legal, blame the greedy NBA owners? Why, they been providing the product for free for years. Now legal, they get paid, the players get to share in revenue, the gov't gets tax revenue and it reduces the shady underworld infrastructure. Fact is you engage illegal betting as a player you are now exposed to extortion. Nothing here has changed and Im not naive to think its never happened before. The question is did the league deal with quietly to protect the game and the multi billion dollar enterprise it owns?
So why hang Porter out to dry? Its still a major embarrassment.
If we going the big conspiracy route, lets discuss action Michael Jordan and why he up and walked away from the gamer two seasons? He plays three years, then sits for another three, them comes back to the game for two more seasons. Am I to assume the best or worst?

Nalod
USA
4/19/2024  11:13 AM
Warriors finished the season 27-13 after the Draymond Bull****. if not for his chaotic gig perhaps the finish even better?
Playin games can be problematic. Klay was awful but he was not alone. Its the NBA, bad games happen.
They need to get out of the tax hole they are in. Its Why they did not resign DDV. That second apron really inhibits what you can do.
CP3 is 30 mil, and perhaps paying Klay something akin to the Mid level makes sense.
They are not winning any chips but they are not awful nor falling off the cliff just yet unless they blow it up.
They had the same record as Miami, and knicks were just 4 games ahead of them.
KnickDanger

4/19/2024  11:34 AM
I won't try to name a conspiracy or even imply one. But although I am sure wagering on sports goes back to the original Olympic games or Mayan ball courts (side bets on whether the Spartan crushes the Athenian in under a minute or how many spectators die in the stands after Belize wins?) and without any statistics in front of me, I would wager that the prevalence and influence of gambling on sports has never been higher and the amounts never as gargantuan. So I believe a jaundiced eye is fair enough when in the same week a fringe NBA player is banned for life and a major MLB star is the victim of gambling related scamming. And take it how one will, old Tim Donaghy phone buddy Scott Foster still calls NBA games. Will the sports leagues fight for integrity across the board? Just a question.
Clean
Member: #743
4/19/2024  11:43 AM

So true.
Nalod
USA
4/19/2024  1:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2024  1:05 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I won't try to name a conspiracy or even imply one. But although I am sure wagering on sports goes back to the original Olympic games or Mayan ball courts (side bets on whether the Spartan crushes the Athenian in under a minute or how many spectators die in the stands after Belize wins?) and without any statistics in front of me, I would wager that the prevalence and influence of gambling on sports has never been higher and the amounts never as gargantuan. So I believe a jaundiced eye is fair enough when in the same week a fringe NBA player is banned for life and a major MLB star is the victim of gambling related scamming. And take it how one will, old Tim Donaghy phone buddy Scott Foster still calls NBA games. Will the sports leagues fight for integrity across the board? Just a question.

So your saying since its about the most original sin nothing should be done about it.?
Your forgetting NCAA mens hoop scandal in the 50's was some bad stuff.
Baseball? Shoeless Joe Jackson might have been innocent, but not the others.
Boxing? Sure, I can only imagine the times its happened!
When you caught, you in trouble.
A Sparton would not bet on himself losing.
Nobody said anything about athletes not betting. As said, Im not naive to think it never so.
Or Some underworld crime extorting a soccer player to throw the game. "Eat silver or lead".
We talking current rules, currant laws, Current legal betting world, and this dumb ass got caught badly.
Did Scott Foster only call Tim Donaghy? Nobody else? Thats it, Refs don't call other refs? Travel, meals, games, Reviews, etc?
I don't know, but if your gonna throw around accusations, is there proof?
You think NBA is not motivated that if Scott Foster was at all associated he'd still be working?
Nothing in Hilary's emails about Vince or Scott Foster?

KnickDanger

4/19/2024  1:14 PM
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I won't try to name a conspiracy or even imply one. But although I am sure wagering on sports goes back to the original Olympic games or Mayan ball courts (side bets on whether the Spartan crushes the Athenian in under a minute or how many spectators die in the stands after Belize wins?) and without any statistics in front of me, I would wager that the prevalence and influence of gambling on sports has never been higher and the amounts never as gargantuan. So I believe a jaundiced eye is fair enough when in the same week a fringe NBA player is banned for life and a major MLB star is the victim of gambling related scamming. And take it how one will, old Tim Donaghy phone buddy Scott Foster still calls NBA games. Will the sports leagues fight for integrity across the board? Just a question.

So your saying since its about the most original sin nothing should be done about it.?
Nobody said anything about athletes not betting. As said, Im not naive to think it never so.
Or Some underworld crime extorting a soccer player to throw the game. "Eat silver or lead".
We talking current rules, currant laws, Current legal betting world, and this dumb ass got caught badly.
Did Scott Foster only call Tim Donaghy? Nobody else? Thats it, Refs don't call other refs? Travel, meals, games, Reviews, etc?
You think NBA is not motivated that if Scott Foster was at all associated he'd still be working?

I did not say nothing should be done about it, not at all, far from it.

I did not make any accusations. I did state the connection between Foster and Donaghy which is interesting and right there for all to see.

You point about the Spartan is fair enough.

Nalod
USA
4/19/2024  1:22 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I did not say nothing should be done about it, not at all, far from it.

I did not make any accusations. I did state the connection between Foster and Donaghy which is interesting and right there for all to see.

You point about the Spartan is fair enough.

LOL, your "Implying"........OK. No here to argue about crooked refs. I'd have to think that NBA would have looked at foster really hard and thorough if he as connected. Is there some article or something I can read about him that other than the amount of calls connect him to issues Donaghy was nailed for?

I'd think NBA intensified its protocols after Donaghy in evaluating refs and looking for anything that implicates refs to gambling. At the very worst they "resign" if caught. Could players also been given passes to walk away from the game if caught?
Maybe.

martin
USA
4/20/2024  10:16 AM
Amazing

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy