[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/1/2023  2:12 PM
Donovan Mitchell and Embiib staring out into the abyss, wondering when their turn to NY will come.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
10/1/2023  2:39 PM

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/1/2023  3:14 PM
martin wrote:Donovan Mitchell and Embiib staring out into the abyss, wondering when their turn to NY will come.

Maybe, but Embiid is very loyal to ownership and visa versa. I know what the articles say but if a request comes I doubt at the very least its closer to trade deadline. Not saying it can't happen.
Mitchell can also be traded to Nets and I think thats a higher probability at this time.
KAT? Im thinking if MinnY is not contending this year they can't afford to keep it all together.
I don't think the stars are aligning for us to make a splash given the current landscape but its a fluid one and can change at a moments notice.
The timeline might not make fans happy but the disciplined and method applied by Leon is steady.
Internal growth and continuity will determine how far we go this year.

Nalod
USA
10/1/2023  3:15 PM
martin wrote:

Boston did good this off season. Danny should be proud of what Stevens did.

martin
USA
10/1/2023  3:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:Donovan Mitchell and Embiib staring out into the abyss, wondering when their turn to NY will come.

Maybe, but Embiid is very loyal to ownership and visa versa. I know what the articles say but if a request comes I doubt at the very least its closer to trade deadline. Not saying it can't happen.
Mitchell can also be traded to Nets and I think thats a higher probability at this time.
KAT? Im thinking if MinnY is not contending this year they can't afford to keep it all together.
I don't think the stars are aligning for us to make a splash given the current landscape but its a fluid one and can change at a moments notice.
The timeline might not make fans happy but the disciplined and method applied by Leon is steady.

What was the theme on Lillard and Portland just 6 months ago? Very loyal to ownership and visa versa?

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/1/2023  5:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

Boston did good this off season. Danny should be proud of what Stevens did.

Jrue was a good/lucky pickup.

The KP move will bite them in the ass.

martin
USA
10/1/2023  6:05 PM
Nalod
USA
10/1/2023  9:24 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What was the theme on Lillard and Portland just 6 months ago? Very loyal to ownership and visa versa?

and in the end it they tried their best to make it work and Dame landed with a team he was cool with.
It was not that messy at all.

I read he was very grateful they were patient with him early in his career and in the end he became a MVP and likely HOF player. Some franchises mess up guys. But......there comes a time when its smart to move on for both player and club. Philly will need to replenish at some point. Portland was cool. Bottom line is Dame backed himself into a corner and eventually got to a team he appears to be happy with. Might not be his first choice, but after the stalemate with Miami, He submitted he'd be cool with teh bucks and Nets.

WIth he completion of the Jrue Holiday portion Portland appears to have done very well for itself. If Ayton can gather traction and fulfill his early promise that deal turns into a monster for them. If he just "Ok", its still pretty good. This is a team that did not achieve all that much with Dame when he had Aldridge and Mcallum. They had a nice suprise run to conf finals but never won 55 games with him. Im not taking anything away from him. Just saying I think in the end Portland did well and Dame is with a top 4 team in the league preseason.
He can't defend worth a damn. Curious if he can pick that up now he is on a very very good team.
Holiday vs Dame in the playoffs will be fun if it comes to that.

martin
USA
10/1/2023  9:51 PM
martin
USA
10/1/2023  10:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

and in the end it they tried their best to make it work and Dame landed with a team he was cool with.
It was not that messy at all.

I read he was very grateful they were patient with him early in his career and in the end he became a MVP and likely HOF player. Some franchises mess up guys. But......there comes a time when its smart to move on for both player and club. Philly will need to replenish at some point. Portland was cool. Bottom line is Dame backed himself into a corner and eventually got to a team he appears to be happy with. Might not be his first choice, but after the stalemate with Miami, He submitted he'd be cool with teh bucks and Nets.

WIth he completion of the Jrue Holiday portion Portland appears to have done very well for itself. If Ayton can gather traction and fulfill his early promise that deal turns into a monster for them. If he just "Ok", its still pretty good. This is a team that did not achieve all that much with Dame when he had Aldridge and Mcallum. They had a nice suprise run to conf finals but never won 55 games with him. Im not taking anything away from him. Just saying I think in the end Portland did well and Dame is with a top 4 team in the league preseason.
He can't defend worth a damn. Curious if he can pick that up now he is on a very very good team.
Holiday vs Dame in the playoffs will be fun if it comes to that.

I think the big takeaway for me is that situations can change on a dime, even for mainstays like Jrue or Lillard.

James Harden is off partying in Miami with signs that read “Daryl Morey is a liar” and as dumb as that is, it will only hurt Harden but it will impact Philly and Embiib.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers/yearly/cap/

When I look at their salary cap and roster situation, it looks shakey. Maxey is there. So is Paul Reed. Harden and Tobias Harris on expiring contract. Maybe they flip or S&T next offseason but that team’s outlook seems hard capped at next year and it could get bonkers bad for them in a hot minute.

SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
10/2/2023  9:47 AM
I honestly do not think the Dame or Jrue trades did much to effect the projected standings. I think we can get one of those last playoff spots if we stay healthy and all goes well. But I can also see us slipping into a play-in situation. Should be another interesting up and down season and thankfully we have this place to talk about it!
martin
USA
10/2/2023  10:58 AM
martin
USA
10/2/2023  1:12 PM
And so it begins

Nalod
USA
10/2/2023  2:29 PM
Imagine how much fun it is to be his agent!
martin
USA
10/3/2023  10:15 PM

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/3/2023  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2023  10:44 PM
Looky, looky. Never thought Thibs would be the one to rub off on Kerr during their time together at FIBA.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

10/4/2023  8:06 AM
Nalod wrote:Imagine how much fun it is to be his agent!

So long as he doesn't fire you, you get a cut right?

Nalod
USA
10/4/2023  9:29 AM
EwingPSD wrote:
Nalod wrote:Imagine how much fun it is to be his agent!

So long as he doesn't fire you, you get a cut right?

You get the cut from the contract negotiated if you his NBA agent. Then there is the business agent.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/4/2023  10:38 AM
Celtics will be tough if Jrue and KP stay healthy and play to their potential -- and if team finds chemistry

that said, a lot can go wrong.

Could be a very fun season.

(5)(5)
martin
USA
10/4/2023  11:17 AM
Chandler wrote:Celtics will be tough if Jrue and KP stay healthy and play to their potential -- and if team finds chemistry

that said, a lot can go wrong.

Could be a very fun season.

Right. KP played 65 games last year... and that was the first he played more than 60 games in a season since being on the Knicks. That long ago.

All in and health will be Boston's biggest challenge.

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy