[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
9/27/2023  2:41 PM
Clean wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:not mad, he doesnt go to MIA, and this could blow up in MIL's face. Dame has been injury prone and will be 35 ish in '25 when we get MIL's pick. If he's even still there.

Exactly. This trade goes in our favor. MIL will take a huge hit on D and Dame gets injured a lot. We need to see where Jrue goes to get a full idea of how this messes with our chances of winning in the east.

No chance of winning the East but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Jrue. He can definitely play next to Brunson. Maybe an IQ and Fournier for Jrue and something else type of deal.

AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

9/27/2023  2:46 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
Clean wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:not mad, he doesnt go to MIA, and this could blow up in MIL's face. Dame has been injury prone and will be 35 ish in '25 when we get MIL's pick. If he's even still there.

Exactly. This trade goes in our favor. MIL will take a huge hit on D and Dame gets injured a lot. We need to see where Jrue goes to get a full idea of how this messes with our chances of winning in the east.

No chance of winning the East but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Jrue. He can definitely play next to Brunson. Maybe an IQ and Fournier for Jrue and something else type of deal.

hell no, not trading IQ for a 33 year old declining PG that doesnt put us over the top.

I think this trade helps us, MIA is weaker now, and MIL lost depth and has to really hope Dame 1) is happy to go to MIL, and 2) actually stays healthy.

Clean
Member: #743
9/27/2023  2:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2023  2:51 PM

Salt levels in MIA are rising. Their offseason long tampering did not work because they tried to strong arm the team.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/27/2023  3:15 PM
Trade season just kicked off I guess. Expect more

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
Member: #743
9/27/2023  3:19 PM
They could not get legit competition for a Dame trade but they might be able to for Jrue. This adds to the assets they can get for both trades overall instead of giving him to the Heat for free.
martin
USA
9/27/2023  3:36 PM
You hate to see it

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
9/27/2023  4:37 PM
martin wrote:You hate to see it

I wouldn't sleep on them. Those bastards always find a way to find cheap talent and develop them into solid players. Let's hope Jimmy Butthole gets old quick!

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

9/27/2023  4:38 PM
martin wrote:You hate to see it

Let's trade RJ for Butler

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

9/27/2023  5:24 PM
Phoenix made out well in this trade. Added bench depth.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/27/2023  6:42 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
Clean wrote:

Holiday makes 36mil. Evan and IQ get you to 23mil. That "something else" is still a lot.
Also do you know what Portland needs? Not another guard let alone two!

league is a bit thin on Power forwards.

martin
USA
9/27/2023  6:48 PM
Dang, 2 years ago

martin
USA
9/28/2023  1:56 PM
I'd think about it

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/28/2023  2:32 PM
martin wrote:I'd think about it

One of either RJ, Randle and Fournier work capwise. I doubt Portland would be interested in either RJ or Randle, but Fournier and a couple of firsts (the protected ones) might do it. Portland could just let Fournier go next season and see some cap savings.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
9/28/2023  4:46 PM
Grant is a bucket maker.......
Early comps?

This is interesting to look at:https://basketball.realgm.com/player/RJ-Barrett/Comparison/103893/Jerami-Grant/24661

martin
USA
9/28/2023  4:58 PM
Nalod wrote:Grant is a bucket maker.......
Early comps?

This is interesting to look at:https://basketball.realgm.com/player/RJ-Barrett/Comparison/103893/Jerami-Grant/24661

For me, Grant is a well established role player who defends very well. Put him next to some offensive minded players who attract defenders and he is above average offensively.

BigDaddyG

9/28/2023  5:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2023  5:22 PM
martin wrote:
Early comps?

For me, Grant is a well established role player who defends very well. Put him next to some offensive minded players who attract defenders and he is above average offensively.

RJ similarity scores don't include Grant at all. Jason Richardson and DeMarr Derozanare on the list, which would be nice outcomes. You can check them out on this site.
https://craftednba.com/similarity

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

9/30/2023  10:07 AM
martin wrote:
Early comps?

Yep - the minute you need to depend on Grant for buckets you would be in trouble but as a complimentary 3rd/4th scorer he’d be a much cleaner fit vs say Julius who only works as a focal,point.

Still can’t believe refs put Grant on the line what `25 times last year at the garden - one of low points of last year.

Nalod
USA
9/30/2023  5:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Early comps?

RJ similarity scores don't include Grant at all. Jason Richardson and DeMarr Derozanare on the list, which would be nice outcomes. You can check them out on this site.
https://craftednba.com/similarity

Im saying is one can be patient. Grant turned into a very good player.
RJ is a good player. HOpefully there is another notch to it.

Nalod
USA
10/1/2023  12:47 PM
Jrue to Celtics for Brogden, Williams, and picks......

Bravo Celtics! Great trade for them! All in. Them and Bucks on paper very much contenders!
They have a nice 2 year window. At the end, they still have Brown and Tatum and can rebuild from that.
But That starting 5 is really good now. Issue is rim defender and KP size can do it but his fragile state is the issue.
But......they don't need him all season long.

Knicks were correct to not go there with Jrue just yet. Maybe they tried but Portland has a lot of yoot and picks.

THis trade now puts the pressure on Philly to step up to move Harden for a nice player. If not, Embiid will want out. When? Hard to say.
Im not even sure I'd be behind that actually.
No, I don't see a path for Knicks to contend just yet but with our depth its not far fetched. One of Boston or Milwaukee will get hampered by injury.
Milwaukee more susceptible.
Celtics build on the draft with Tatum and Brown. Thats the core. bucks with Giannis.
knicks have yet to score on a pick. They are doing quite well with IQ and Grimes. RJ I don't see as a star but thats cool for now.

BigDaddyG

10/1/2023  1:38 PM
Nalod wrote:Jrue to Celtics for Brogden, Williams, and picks......

Bravo Celtics! Great trade for them! All in. Them and Bucks on paper very much contenders!
They have a nice 2 year window. At the end, they still have Brown and Tatum and can rebuild from that.
But That starting 5 is really good now. Issue is rim defender and KP size can do it but his fragile state is the issue.
But......they don't need him all season long.

Knicks were correct to not go there with Jrue just yet. Maybe they tried but Portland has a lot of yoot and picks.

THis trade now puts the pressure on Philly to step up to move Harden for a nice player. If not, Embiid will want out. When? Hard to say.
Im not even sure I'd be behind that actually.
No, I don't see a path for Knicks to contend just yet but with our depth its not far fetched. One of Boston or Milwaukee will get hampered by injury.
Milwaukee more susceptible.
Celtics build on the draft with Tatum and Brown. Thats the core. bucks with Giannis.
knicks have yet to score on a pick. They are doing quite well with IQ and Grimes. RJ I don't see as a star but thats cool for now.

I never took the Celts seriously as a threat before the trade. KP is a nice player, but he didn't address their glaring weakness of playmaking. Derrick White is a bench player and is exploitable in the playoffs. Now Jrue... he's a top of the line PG. He's not someone Jaylen will waive off so he can dribble the ball off his foot in crunch time. I think this moves gives the Celts the edge of healthy. They'll miss Timelord, but they've missed him anyway with his injuries.

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy