[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/18/2023  12:10 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38244806/nba-bonus-watch-2024-become-supermax-eligible

Luka on pace to an epic number!! WOW!!!!!!
At some point when does a player draw too much cap in and create imbalance?
At what point can it be ruinous to a franchise if an injury occurs or chronic condition limits output?
We saw this with Amare and Melo for different reasons. Amare predictively had back issues from his knee issues. PHX was willing to give him 3 year deal. We had to go 5 to win him over.
Melo lost a step and faded before he rejuvenated at a lower cap number.

AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
9/18/2023  3:27 PM
Nalod wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38244806/nba-bonus-watch-2024-become-supermax-eligible

At what point can it be ruinous to a franchise if an injury occurs or chronic condition limits output?
We saw this with Amare and Melo for different reasons. Amare predictively had back issues from his knee issues. PHX was willing to give him 3 year deal. We had to go 5 to win him over.

Obviously

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
USA
9/18/2023  11:19 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Nalod wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/38244806/nba-bonus-watch-2024-become-supermax-eligible

Obviously

Obviously 83mil is an obviously large piece of the pie.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
9/19/2023  1:59 PM
The money will continue to go up. The cap should increase with the salaries. The owners are making all the money, so I love how the players are getting their bag as well. Increase the cap and call it a day.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
9/19/2023  3:01 PM
blkexec wrote:The money will continue to go up. The cap should increase with the salaries. The owners are making all the money, so I love how the players are getting their bag as well. Increase the cap and call it a day.

The owners put up the money and deserve to make it. Lets not be coy about that.
Players bring the talent and deserve to be cut in on a %. Im totally down with that.
And that a lebron can exercise his right to take risks and move about as he can. Same for durant. Jordan was free to leave but where Bulls can pay him 30mil back in the day, top salary if he signed else where was 18mm.
That Shaq left Orlando high and dry was not fair either. NBA has done a good job helping both owners and players to reach more equitable compensation.
Owners put up money and the risk.
Im not saying Luka not worth it. But fans have to live with the risks too if a player goes down on a massive deal.
Fans had to live with Dolans starphuch quests that derived Amare and Melo after Dolans venture with Isiah was a massive failure.
Jim inherited his team from father. Jim Dolan era not of greed. He was willing to pay taxes and win. It was his stupidity that was toxic to the team.
Thats in the past.
The new CBA necessitated the Rockets spend on vets that funny enough eat into the young players they are stockpiling.
Spurs and Pistons cannot stockpile cap space anymore as well.
Parity reigns for now.
I have yet to see how an 83mm contract will absorb the % of cap in such a year. Im just wondering what teams will go for that and who might balk and trade before.
lets be real, Luka's is based on him achieving max status at such an early age. Guys like Dame now or Giannis in the future in their early 30's and making nutty money is a big risk.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

9/20/2023  8:21 AM
What about Jaylen Brown's 300 million deal? At least Luka is worth the money. Part of me disagrees with with the whole idea of player max salaries. I think a lot of guys get grouped together. The other issue I have is the NBA cracking down on load management. I would feel a lot better about it if Zaza Pachulia was banned from the league. Let's face it that without his dirty play, modern NBA history would have been completely different.
Nalod
USA
9/20/2023  12:28 PM
gradyandrew wrote:What about Jaylen Brown's 300 million deal? At least Luka is worth the money. Part of me disagrees with with the whole idea of player max salaries. I think a lot of guys get grouped together. The other issue I have is the NBA cracking down on load management. I would feel a lot better about it if Zaza Pachulia was banned from the league. Let's face it that without his dirty play, modern NBA history would have been completely different.

Luka is younger and projected to make more. When money is measured its chips he falls short. He is two time all star and opportunistic all NBA this past season! he makes 28mil this up coming season and at 26 his extension kicks in next season and takes him 5 years thru age 31. He cannot be traded until July of 2024.
Is he worth it? Well, the Celtics do.
Luka? He is 24, is 4 time allstar, and 3 time 1st team!
With those gaudy stats he will get his paid more than Brown.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/20/2023  12:58 PM
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:What about Jaylen Brown's 300 million deal? At least Luka is worth the money. Part of me disagrees with with the whole idea of player max salaries. I think a lot of guys get grouped together. The other issue I have is the NBA cracking down on load management. I would feel a lot better about it if Zaza Pachulia was banned from the league. Let's face it that without his dirty play, modern NBA history would have been completely different.

Luka is younger and projected to make more. When money is measured its chips he falls short. He is two time all star and opportunistic all NBA this past season! he makes 28mil this up coming season and at 26 his extension kicks in next season and takes him 5 years thru age 31. He cannot be traded until July of 2024.

The next several years will be interesting and GMs will really have to earn their money. The reality is that the Jaylen Brown contract is just the tip of the iceberg and, barring an injury, we very well might be looking at it as a bargain in four years. I remember the Allan Houston contract being a big deal and now it's pretty much the norm. The thing that worries me is the tax implications. It's not a case of just saying "it's not my money" any more. Teams are really going to get hammered in terms of trade flexibility if they don't watch their cap sheets.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
9/20/2023  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/20/2023  2:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

The next several years will be interesting and GMs will really have to earn their money. The reality is that the Jaylen Brown contract is just the tip of the iceberg and, barring an injury, we very well might be looking at it as a bargain in four years. I remember the Allan Houston contract being a big deal and now it's pretty much the norm. The thing that worries me is the tax implications. It's not a case of just saying "it's not my money" any more. Teams are really going to get hammered in terms of trade flexibility if they don't watch their cap sheets.

Its why coaching salaries are also going up. FO and staff can make a difference and its NOT on the cap.
The FVV contract was fascinating. teams had to spend and they are paying him huge short term money.
At the same time, long term deals on vets can be toxic.
Guy like Embiid might not age well and then what? Bucks will need to rebuild at some point and Giannis basically implying that will be time to go. Sort of "redistribution of the wealth". Top talent got asset rich teams and then teams rebuild faster.
Most teams are not stupid. Its now a question of execution of a plan.
Siakim will be interesting development. Pay him and keep or trade him and new team pays him?
Kyle Lowrey. Look at how he gets paid and plays now.

blkexec
Member: #748
9/21/2023  8:46 AM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:The money will continue to go up. The cap should increase with the salaries. The owners are making all the money, so I love how the players are getting their bag as well. Increase the cap and call it a day.

Players bring the talent and deserve to be cut in on a %. Im totally down with that.
And that a lebron can exercise his right to take risks and move about as he can. Same for durant. Jordan was free to leave but where Bulls can pay him 30mil back in the day, top salary if he signed else where was 18mm.
That Shaq left Orlando high and dry was not fair either. NBA has done a good job helping both owners and players to reach more equitable compensation.
Im not saying Luka not worth it. But fans have to live with the risks too if a player goes down on a massive deal.
Fans had to live with Dolans starphuch quests that derived Amare and Melo after Dolans venture with Isiah was a massive failure.
Jim inherited his team from father. Jim Dolan era not of greed. He was willing to pay taxes and win. It was his stupidity that was toxic to the team.
Thats in the past.
The new CBA necessitated the Rockets spend on vets that funny enough eat into the young players they are stockpiling.
Parity reigns for now.
I have yet to see how an 83mm contract will absorb the % of cap in such a year. Im just wondering what teams will go for that and who might balk and trade before.
lets be real, Luka's is based on him achieving max status at such an early age. Guys like Dame now or Giannis in the future in their early 30's and making nutty money is a big risk.

“Consequently, average salaries today are still only about $130,000, with league payroll around $20 million. But league revenue—according to Haque's sources—is now between $180 and $200 million. If the players are only getting $20 million, that means players are now receiving only 10 percent of league revenue! May 1, 2023”

I’m for the players your for the owners, ok. Let the players get paid. With nba revenue continuing to climb, so should nba salaries. Owners needs the players for owners to get paid.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
9/21/2023  9:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2023  9:42 AM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Thats in the past.
Parity reigns for now.

“Consequently, average salaries today are still only about $130,000, with league payroll around $20 million. But league revenue—according to Haque's sources—is now between $180 and $200 million. If the players are only getting $20 million, that means players are now receiving only 10 percent of league revenue! May 1, 2023”

I’m for the players your for the owners, ok. Let the players get paid. With nba revenue continuing to climb, so should nba salaries. Owners needs the players for owners to get paid.

You took an excerpt from an article about gender gap relating to the WNBA and NBA. That quote made no sense so I looked it up out of respect to you and understand were your coming from.
https://winsidr.com/2023/05/the-gender-wage-gap-in-basketball-is-bigger-than-ever/
To make your point, WNBA season is coming to a close and it would be interesting to know how they did revenue wise from the estimate stated. There is a reason why WNBA has so few teams and many perpetual money losers. But if thats changing I hope players share. Fact is if owners cannot make money, the franchises don't appreciate in value. There is distinct correlation.

Not sure why you bought this into the discussion regarding the men.
Its also a discussion where I clearly state Players deserve to be cut into revenue and given the nature that salaries are rising with revenue and players get 50%, and they are happy with each other who are we to argue otherwise. in fact, thats not my point. It was about the fan getting stuck with a bad contract if things happen and they do.
We can discuss, not argue right?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/21/2023  5:14 PM
We shall refer to this as Future Knicks news to keep tabs on. Ditto for anything Giannis.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
9/22/2023  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2023  1:56 PM

They love him in China.
They Loved Marbury too.
They love bat**** crazy.
No denying his talent, its his inabilty to stay focused on his primary occupation.
He does well on contract years. Curious how he holds up.
Like Marbury he is not a bad dude or does not have heart. Its his distractions that derail the teams.
He is a joy to watch on the court. Its not so joyful to read about him when he is not on task.

The logo? Looks like two K's.
Two I's. A "j" and an "L". Like him, its nonsensical.
Looks like a spider. Looks like the "NY" Yankees use.
Its not a bad visual.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/26/2023  12:40 PM
Siakam or OG and picks? Portland gets OG and flips him to us for more assets (I think we should give up on a trade with Toronto for the time being)? I'm thinking RJ would go if that scenario does plays out. Portland would have no need for IQ or Grimes. Toronto becomes very dangerous if they make this move.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
Member: #743
9/27/2023  2:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2023  2:29 PM

Dames biggest mistake was he only had one team on his list and then tried to actively lower his value to get himself traded there. The Blazers took that as disrespect and said FU.

Clean
9/27/2023  2:30 PM
The Heat were also their own worst enemy. Thinking they could low ball the Blazers since Dame only wanted to go there.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
9/27/2023  2:31 PM
Glad Dame and Giannis aren't ending up in Miami as I expected.

But Bucks will miss Jrue.

Clean
9/27/2023  2:32 PM
I actually kind of understand this trade for the Blazers. They are gambling they can get more assets overall from the Dame and the eventual Holiday trade than people were willing to give straight up for Dame.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

9/27/2023  2:33 PM
not mad, he doesnt go to MIA, and this could blow up in MIL's face. Dame has been injury prone and will be 35 ish in '25 when we get MIL's pick. If he's even still there.
Clean
9/27/2023  2:36 PM
nycericanguy wrote:not mad, he doesnt go to MIA, and this could blow up in MIL's face. Dame has been injury prone and will be 35 ish in '25 when we get MIL's pick. If he's even still there.

Exactly. This trade goes in our favor. MIL will take a huge hit on D and Dame gets injured a lot. We need to see where Jrue goes to get a full idea of how this messes with our chances of winning in the east.

2023-2024 NBA news and non Knick Schtick......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy