Member: #8897

7/28/2023  12:29 AM
trade both for Mitchell
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/28/2023  8:43 AM
With DDV on board and no blockbuster trade lined up, one of them will be traded.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2023  3:52 PM
blkexec wrote:With DDV on board and no blockbuster trade lined up, one of them will be traded.

why? you play the same rotation as last year, but DD get's Obi's minutes.
Brunson/Grimes/RJ/Jules/Mitch
IQ/JHart/DD/IHart

Maybe a sprinkle of Sims if one of those guys turns an ankle. McBride is another option... those are the 10th and 11th guys.

Its SUCH a Thibs team. Aggressive, scoring, rebounding, two-way guards. An army of them, 2 quality rim protectors in Mitch and IHart and Jules in the middle.

Brunson/IQ/Grimes/RJ/IHart/DD
Randle
Mitch/IHart

I love this. You can take any 3 of those guys with Randle and a center and you have a squad. When Randle sits you can take any combo of 4 of those 6 guys with a center and you have a squad.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
stillafan
Member: #9132

7/28/2023  7:25 PM
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:With DDV on board and no blockbuster trade lined up, one of them will be traded.

IQ/JHart/DD/IHart

Maybe a sprinkle of Sims if one of those guys turns an ankle. McBride is another option... those are the 10th and 11th guys.

Its SUCH a Thibs team. Aggressive, scoring, rebounding, two-way guards. An army of them, 2 quality rim protectors in Mitch and IHart and Jules in the middle.

Randle
Mitch/IHart

I love this. You can take any 3 of those guys with Randle and a center and you have a squad. When Randle sits you can take any combo of 4 of those 6 guys with a center and you have a squad.

I kind of lean that DD came here to play more than 14m per game which is what Obi played when Randle played. There were other teams we heard very interested in DDV's services, He played 26.3 last year and 26.6 the year before with Sac.
Kind of why I'm so looking forward to seeing how Thibs handles the min if the rotation remains.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

7/29/2023  11:54 AM
Rookie wrote:
fishmike wrote:I hate the premise of this thread. The strength of this team is it's deep youth and ascending players. We finally got guys on the up and now it's "you can only choose one"

Phuck that I'm keeping both. They are nothing alike. Grimes is an elite m2m defender and has a first step and athleticism that IQ does not. IQ has showed elite team defense and a diverse scoring game that Grimes has not. Both excellent defenders and perfect culture fits. The only way they dont resigned is in a trade for a higher end piece

If you keep both, how do you improve the roster under the cap and how do you distribute minutes with the addition of DiVincenzo. We can pair one of them with Fournier's expiring and FRP's to add an Allstar level player is also an option I listed. I'm just exploring the options. I still think IQ will be traded by the trade deadline as long as the right player is available and it isn't an overpay. Otherwise, we rolling with both. It's just a discussion dude, don't shoot :)

It’s going to be very interesting to see how Thibs uses his guard heavy rotation. For 2 years we ran a 3 guard line up off the bench and it was great. Still it was rarely something Thibs would do for extended mins and he was reluctant to try “non-traditional” lineups in crunch time. The notable expectation was Alec Burks. Thibs would play him a center to keep him on the floor. Josh Hart is the new “Burks”. That’s good bc getting big contributions from all these guys will take a little creativity. U

blkexec
Member: #748
7/29/2023  2:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/29/2023  2:12 PM
stillafan wrote:
fishmike wrote:

IQ/JHart/DD/IHart

Randle
Mitch/IHart

I kind of lean that DD came here to play more than 14m per game which is what Obi played when Randle played. There were other teams we heard very interested in DDV's services, He played 26.3 last year and 26.6 the year before with Sac.
Kind of why I'm so looking forward to seeing how Thibs handles the min if the rotation remains.

I think is going to be more than 14 and less than 26. That’s ddv sacrifice to join his nova reunion buddies on broadway. But grimes, RJ, IQ and others will get their mins reduced slightly and mins reshuffled, but that’s a solid 9 man roster.

So I agree fish. Looks like we will see lots of 2 guard 3 guard lineups where the SG and SF will be undersized on defense but dominate offensively with energy, speed and now shooting with IQ and ddv running on the break and hart is pushing the rock. Fastbreak points and steals should be up if we are healthy.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/30/2023  10:02 AM
I keep Grimes as he fills a current need more than IQ.
But I can’t figure any logical trades other than obtaining draft picks for a team taht wants to make IQ its starter and pay him. IQ is money now. Teams pay for that.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/31/2023  9:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2023  9:54 PM
We need to let Grimes cook.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2JWGsSwUTRw?feature=share

Trust the Process
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/31/2023  7:42 PM
Boom. IQ to the Craptors for OG. I love this trade. I love it even more that we gave up none of our own picks. Block head RJ will also not be missed by me. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a heady team oriented squad. Good days are coming. I think the rumors of OG getting 40M are overblown. More like 30M.

Also keep an eye on Randle who dumped CAA this off season

There can be only one. Who you keeping IQ or Grimes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy