[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I THINK Kurt Thomas has been the most valuable player for this team, SO FAR:
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/22/2004  1:38 PM
Especially considering he finally added 2 more dimensions to his game. He's not playing with foul problems and he is finally hitting clutch shots. His defense has been just as good as anyone in the league, and deserves all 3rd team (Or something like that) considerations, if he keeps it up. We all destroyed Kurt (Well, not so much me, but he heard my criticism) before the season started, and we knocked him around for saying he was gonna make sure he gets the starting spot over Sweetney, but he backed it up his talk, unlike Fugazy. Kudos to KT, and I hope like all hell that he keeps it up.

I think with Houston coming back soon, he only becomes a little more dangerous, b/c teams are gonna take an eye off of his J and concentrate on Houston more, giving KT AND Houston and the rest of his teammates the advantage.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/22/2004  1:43 PM
this is the KT I thought would never show up for the last 3 years. Maybe he's just one of these guys that plays better when his job is threatened. He's enjoying himself out there and it shows. He's been great, I love him on the floor.

His 11/11 really impacts the game, but most of all he gets us stops. with all our good wing players that creat off the dribble the guy thats always left open if KT and his range seems to get better and better each year.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/22/2004  1:53 PM
KT is playing like an all star.

this is why doleac was expendable last season. they play the same game offensively and kurt is 10x better as a shooter. every shot he's taken this season was an important basket. and he's hitting them in the 4th quarter.

i can't get over how good him and nazr have started to work together. it's early, nothing has been accomplished yet, but the signs are definitely positive.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/22/2004  2:21 PM
I think Kurt was playing hurt last year - pinkie - and that effected his shot.

Also, the Knicks had Anderson at shooting guard for a lot of the year, and that indirectly hurts Kurt. If you have guards - Marb, Craw - who can spread the floor and which the defender cannot double off of, it opens things for the pick and roll and everything else Kurt does.

It also helps now that you have 2 players who can break down their man and go to the hole and dish.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/22/2004  2:30 PM
dont knock Shandon... he's getting 20 minutes a game w/ Mia and producting bigtime. I think we are paying him about $7mm a year to average 2 points and 2 boards for the Heat.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/22/2004  2:42 PM
Posted by fishmike:

dont knock Shandon... he's getting 20 minutes a game w/ Mia and producting bigtime. I think we are paying him about $7mm a year to average 2 points and 2 boards for the Heat.

it's the Shaq and Wade effect. Really.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/22/2004  3:11 PM
Coming into this season, I NEVER thought I would be wanting Kurt on the floor over Sweetney, at stretches.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/22/2004  4:00 PM
What I don't understand is why anybody is surprised?

He's been consistent on this team for the past couple of years.
What you could have complained about was his stupid fouls, and
yes there he's improved big time. But he was hitting his shots
till he BROKE a FINGER on his SHOOTING HAND last year, and even
stayed tough after that.

I do admit he's picking up a couple more rebounds than he had
been, but now he's not playing center giving up inches. Scoring tho, last three years: 14, 14, 11 ppg.

But again, THANK YOU, Kurt for stopping the stupid fouls,
both personal and technical!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/22/2004  7:30 PM
Posted by Panos:

What I don't understand is why anybody is surprised?
I'm with you on that! It's just that people have short memories. For the entire summer, all they could remember was how he played toward the end of last season (forgetting that he was injured).
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/22/2004  11:59 PM
I don't have a short memory. I always knew that KT worked his ars off all the time, and he was a really good player for any team to have. Thing is, he always got into so much foul trouble, that he was often invisible, and his aggresiveness was crossed off. But now, he has learned to control his foul woes, and you can see that his defense is better than ever.

In terms of his actual game, the only thing I am actually the slighest bit surprised about is his recent clutch scoring. He is hitting those Js in heated moments, and that's big.

Other than that, I am not surprised at all, b/c anyone could tell you that KT put up bigtime production, when he could stay on the court. Not even just shooting and rebounding. His defense and hustle has been very very strong, and he's playing like a true team player, on offense. He's helping us a lot.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
11/23/2004  3:11 AM
like fish said, i think everybody in this team, including KT, is benefitiating (spelling ?) from the presence of marbury AND craw at the same time.

crisp passing and ball handling is what is really making everyone's job easier.

wait till houston comes back, his shooting will create even further spacing.
I THINK Kurt Thomas has been the most valuable player for this team, SO FAR:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy