stillafan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9132

7/25/2023  7:25 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:We need to save our assets for a real star. Be patient and keep winning and hopefully improving with the young core in the meantime.

Tim Bontemps on Donovan Mitchell situation in Cleveland - “I don't think there's any chance he signs an extension there ever. And if it was up to me, I would trade him today.”

What if IQ and Grimes take steps this season. Would you rather have Brunson, IQ, and Grimes or Brunson and D Mitchell ?

I would imagine a DM trade would be centered around RJ & IQ. salary wise would be very difficult to make it IQ and Grimes.

But I'd take DM over RJ & IQ or over any combination of those 3 guys really. DM is a superstar and we have role player depth now.

Yea I think you have to extend that to "would you rather have RJ, IQ, Grimes, Donte, and Hart" or "would you rather have DMitchell, Grimes, Donte, Hart" (substitute Grimes for IQ if you prefer but essentially 2 of the 3 guards will go in the trade). Large part of the reason we got Hart and DD is to remain whole after a trade like that.

Rose has done a great job of setting us up for THE trade.

Unfortunately this is the part now where we need two to tango. I mean from all reports we made very strong offers for DM last summer, but was Ainge ever really going to send DM here? Or were we used as leverage?

Now it becomes "is CLE ready to trade him".

It's not easy to trade for superstars, there aren't enough to go around. we're in position to do so, we're in position where vegas consistently has us as the highest odds for all the superstars like DM, PG, Embiid...etc. but this part isn't completely in Leons control.

Won't happen now but if and when rumors start do you think he should speak out about where his destination of choice is? Sure would help his future as well with the Knicks maybe having to give up less?

Just a thought if he is the man? I know it's hard to say no, almost can't but we've seen now his time in Utah and now Clev where playing with a small PG has gotten him.

I'm sure the team would be exciting to watch but I think you have to question if they can get to the conf finals.

AUTOADVERT
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

7/26/2023  12:09 AM
I don't think Masai is ready to go for a full rebuild yet. He has some big decisions to make regarding Siakam and OG in the upcoming season. It also looks like he doesn't want to hamstring the new coach yet. There's an argument to be made that the players got tired of Nick Nurse and a?new voice in the locker room could make a difference.

From the Knicks end, it seems like the wing defender is the piece you trade for once you have the rest of the rotation set. I'm thinking of KCP and PJ Tucker. There's also a good argument for keeping your powder dry for mid season trades when a package of EF's expiring and picks might look very attractive to a team trying to lose games. Also, if Knicks get injured mid season, having trade assets can be huge in finding an injury replacement.

Knicks were in the market for Jarred Vanderbilt at the deadline l think the team is still in the market for that kind of a player.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2023  8:53 AM
gradyandrew wrote:I don't think Masai is ready to go for a full rebuild yet. He has some big decisions to make regarding Siakam and OG in the upcoming season. It also looks like he doesn't want to hamstring the new coach yet. There's an argument to be made that the players got tired of Nick Nurse and a?new voice in the locker room could make a difference.

From the Knicks end, it seems like the wing defender is the piece you trade for once you have the rest of the rotation set. I'm thinking of KCP and PJ Tucker. There's also a good argument for keeping your powder dry for mid season trades when a package of EF's expiring and picks might look very attractive to a team trying to lose games. Also, if Knicks get injured mid season, having trade assets can be huge in finding an injury replacement.

Knicks were in the market for Jarred Vanderbilt at the deadline l think the team is still in the market for that kind of a player.

Josh Hart? As it stands at the moment RJ need to just tighten up a few things (be playoff RJ a whole season) and perhaps that the “Breakout” we are looking for.

WE can argue and get inside Massai’s head and speculate. My take is he resigns one of Siakim or OG and trades the other.

RJ might be a bit of a bargain compared to what OG will want or command.
We can build him up in our minds with all kinds of OG love but he might not be that much better than RJ and there is that 2 year age thing.

Trade wise I Keep RJ and move IQ as primary asset. Ujiri might want some Danny Ainge haul but Leon don’t play like that. If they don’t value IQ, well **** em then.

Leon has his price. Ujiri has his. If they don’t agree then its all good.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

4/21/2024  7:54 PM
WilliamHoyle wrote:Rumor is O.G. is moving on from Klutch and looking for a new agent. This is big news because Klutch has been keeping their clients away from the Knicks.

While he isn't considered elite he would fit really nicely with the Knicks and Thibs. If the off-season is trading for O.G. and signing Donte DiVincenzo would you be happy with the results. Shooting and Defense is added.

Assumption is your sending out RJ for OG.

21-3.

I've gotta admit @WilliamHoyle this was a legendary thread you created (way back when).

21-3 = .875% which is on pace for 71.7 Wins (Per 82 Game-Season).

Thibs + OG = Match Made in Heaven because Thibs is a Defensive Mastermind and OG Anunoby is the greatest NBA Perimeter Defender I've ever seen since maybe only Ron Artest.

Nalod
USA
4/21/2024  11:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  11:38 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
WilliamHoyle wrote:Rumor is O.G. is moving on from Klutch and looking for a new agent. This is big news because Klutch has been keeping their clients away from the Knicks.

While he isn't considered elite he would fit really nicely with the Knicks and Thibs. If the off-season is trading for O.G. and signing Donte DiVincenzo would you be happy with the results. Shooting and Defense is added.

21-3.

I've gotta admit @WilliamHoyle this was a legendary thread you created (way back when).

Thibs + OG = Match Made in Heaven because Thibs is a Defensive Mastermind and OG Anunoby is the greatest NBA Perimeter Defender I've ever seen since maybe only Ron Artest.

A lot of questions got answered. OG in MSG is awesome!
The dude was great today. OG exacts influence on the game.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

4/22/2024  5:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  5:14 AM
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

21-3.

All a matter of fiscal sense. If you pay OG his 30+ and blow through your caps and aprons (cause JB, JR, IH will also all line up for an increase), you have to be certain that you have a legit contender on your hands. Do we have one? If the Knicks get past the Sixers, you can cautiously say yes. If they don't, then what's the plan for building a contender once we are maxed out on the salaries?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2024  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  9:06 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

21-3.

All a matter of fiscal sense. If you pay OG his 30+ and blow through your caps and aprons (cause JB, JR, IH will also all line up for an increase), you have to be certain that you have a legit contender on your hands. Do we have one? If the Knicks get past the Sixers, you can cautiously say yes. If they don't, then what's the plan for building a contender once we are maxed out on the salaries?

You add Randle to the mix, assume Brunson gonna get even better, imagine a full year of the January squad, start iHart all year. Upgrade with your Santa sack full of picks.

Knicks good man

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2024  9:04 AM

BTW this is Nostradamus level stuff, kudos WilliamHoyle!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/22/2024  9:29 AM

I think one has to look at Randles play with OG and DDV. Not the 4 years of spinovers and iso centric offense.
It was a short sample and teams had yet to counter so its easy to project as true contenders but its hard to not go there.

Mitch play Saturday reminded us of how good he can be. Granted, Embiid was on one leg and could not jump.
Perhaps we can run the whole team back next year and start drafting and developing a center as cap increased and one might have to be traded.

The future is far from set, but for now its fun as could be!!!!

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/22/2024  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  9:38 AM
It's not crazy to think this is a 60-65 win team this year if we had full roster all year and relatively good health. Seems like a legit killer bench guy might be the best move for us next year. Someone like Derozan in Bogie's spot. Remember Hart will be coming off the bench next year once everyone is back. Bogie is cool but he's the spot to upgrade. Deuce - Hart - Derozan - Mitch is a ridiculous bench.

Obviously, if Giannis becomes available or something like that you have to explore those guys. But this team is elite and might just need one more weapon in the right spot.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/22/2024  10:14 AM
NYKMentality wrote:

21-3.

yeah but it cost us Kobe
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/22/2024  10:44 AM
martin wrote:

BTW this is Nostradamus level stuff, kudos WilliamHoyle!

OG and Donte...this Hoyle dude is listed as having made 9 posts...I suspect a Time Traveler....
O.G. Anunoby Leaves Klutch and Rich Paul

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy