[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

O.G. Anunoby Leaves Klutch and Rich Paul
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

7/2/2023  2:16 AM
With Donte on board, does IQ now become expendable? IQ and Fournier for OG seems like a good trade for all involved. 9 man rotation of:

Brunson / Donte
RJ / Grimes
OG / Hart
Randle
Robinson/ Hartenstein

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
7/2/2023  5:48 AM
gradyandrew wrote:With Donte on board, does IQ now become expendable? IQ and Fournier for OG seems like a good trade for all involved. 9 man rotation of:

Brunson / Donte
RJ / Grimes
OG / Hart
Randle
Robinson/ Hartenstein

I think iq is better than OG

Caseloads
7/2/2023  5:50 AM
gradyandrew wrote:With Donte on board, does IQ now become expendable? IQ and Fournier for OG seems like a good trade for all involved. 9 man rotation of:

Brunson / Donte
RJ / Grimes
OG / Hart
Randle
Robinson/ Hartenstein

If iq gets a starter role, he is easily 20 ppg, 6 assists, 5 boards

Caseloads
7/2/2023  5:52 AM
blkexec wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:RJ for OG I can live with but RJ plus tons of picks for OG is dumb.

I don’t mind giving them highly protected picks.

Ok

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

7/2/2023  6:56 AM
Caseloads wrote:

Brunson / Donte
RJ / Grimes
OG / Hart
Randle
Robinson/ Hartenstein

I don't disagree with you. I think the only reason I do this is if I'm convinced OG will get more minutes and play a bigger role than IQ can. Anyway you cut it, Divencenzo will cut into IQs minutes.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/2/2023  7:27 AM

Brunson / Donte
RJ / Grimes
OG / Hart
Randle
Robinson/ Hartenstein

I don’t consider DDV a PG. He’s a wing. So I don’t think he replaces him. I love them together off the bench.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/2/2023  7:48 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Brunson / Donte
RJ / Grimes
OG / Hart
Randle
Robinson/ Hartenstein

I don't disagree with you. I think the only reason I do this is if I'm convinced OG will get more minutes and play a bigger role than IQ can. Anyway you cut it, Divencenzo will cut into IQs minutes.

Move RJ to backup 4. You play a 3 wing lineup of IQ, DDV, Hart

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2023  6:03 PM
Starting at around 11:00, good take on OG from Toronto guy

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/11/2023  9:04 PM
martin wrote:Starting at around 11:00, good take on OG from Toronto guy

Good listen. Get the sense it’s IQ, Fournier and 3+ picks to pull OG.

This is the Randle.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/20/2023  1:29 PM
Apparently we are offering StarJ, Fournier and two first round picks. I wonder if Toronto would bite. RJ is a late developer and had a strong outing in the playoffs. He was 3rd best player behind Brunson and Randle on a team that got to the 2 round and showed a little fight in that Heat series. I don't have a problem if we keep RJ but somehow OG might be that missing piece.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

7/20/2023  1:49 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Apparently we are offering StarJ, Fournier and two first round picks. I wonder if Toronto would bite. RJ is a late developer and had a strong outing in the playoffs. He was 3rd best player behind Brunson and Randle on a team that got to the 2 round and showed a little fight in that Heat series. I don't have a problem if we keep RJ but somehow OG might be that missing piece.

I wonder what two picks ? But no matter we have others first rounders, and second rounders to make other moves. If we trade RJ for OG and 2 first, with EF, we would still have other pics to draft or trade. I'd do it

blkexec
Member: #748
7/20/2023  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2023  6:13 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Apparently we are offering StarJ, Fournier and two first round picks. I wonder if Toronto would bite. RJ is a late developer and had a strong outing in the playoffs. He was 3rd best player behind Brunson and Randle on a team that got to the 2 round and showed a little fight in that Heat series. I don't have a problem if we keep RJ but somehow OG might be that missing piece.

I wonder what two picks ? But no matter we have others first rounders, and second rounders to make other moves. If we trade RJ for OG and 2 first, with EF, we would still have other pics to draft or trade. I'd do it

DDV, Hart, OG, Mitch (Thats a lot of defense and versatility). But keep in mind, Leon refused to include RJ in the D.Mitchel trade or Paul George trade. So why would he change his mind with the OG trade if OG is not better than those 2 D.Mitch or PG? or maybe they believe he is?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

7/20/2023  6:30 PM
blkexec wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

DDV, Hart, OG, Mitch (Thats a lot of defense and versatility). But keep in mind, Leon refused to include RJ in the D.Mitchel trade or Paul George trade. So why would he change his mind with the OG trade if OG is not better than those 2 D.Mitch or PG? or maybe they believe he is?

Maybe because OG replaces RJ and we need the wing plus RJ in a Mitchell deal would still have fost more. Plus RJ has increased his value since last summer and fewer other players and picks would now be outgoing.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/21/2023  12:08 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Maybe because OG replaces RJ and we need the wing plus RJ in a Mitchell deal would still have fost more. Plus RJ has increased his value since last summer and fewer other players and picks would now be outgoing.

My fear it could be a panic move. I would like for once we can win a damn trade, then I would be confident. Based on knick history we over pay for OG just to say we made a move and not a smart one. Or over think and do nothing. This silent chess match is interesting. I just don’t know why Toronto needs to trade him. They can sit back and do nothing. They can now feature him more with FVV out. He gets what he wants. That puts pressure on Leon. Maybe RJ play will lean the battle one way or another.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/21/2023  12:58 AM
blkexec wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

My fear it could be a panic move. I would like for once we can win a damn trade, then I would be confident. Based on knick history we over pay for OG just to say we made a move and not a smart one. Or over think and do nothing. This silent chess match is interesting. I just don’t know why Toronto needs to trade him. They can sit back and do nothing. They can now feature him more with FVV out. He gets what he wants. That puts pressure on Leon. Maybe RJ play will lean the battle one way or another.

Still dont understand the need to force feed a trade for OG from the Knicks perspective. Is he really that much of an ugrade? What is the real opprtunity cost of getting a "better fit"? When is it too expensive? RJ is 2 or 3 years younger and a comparable level player (just maybe a different skillset) why is everyone so good with attaching picks to a younger, same level player to get an older player, that will be a FA, that wants to be higher up on the food chain than 3rd banana (and is unhappy about being a 3rd guy), but he is being traded into the situation of being a 3rd guy....I am never going to understand this thinking. The deal should be OG and a pick for RJ. Not just because of skill level but taking everything into account.

~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/21/2023  7:40 AM
joec32033 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Still dont understand the need to force feed a trade for OG from the Knicks perspective. Is he really that much of an ugrade? What is the real opprtunity cost of getting a "better fit"? When is it too expensive? RJ is 2 or 3 years younger and a comparable level player (just maybe a different skillset) why is everyone so good with attaching picks to a younger, same level player to get an older player, that will be a FA, that wants to be higher up on the food chain than 3rd banana (and is unhappy about being a 3rd guy), but he is being traded into the situation of being a 3rd guy....I am never going to understand this thinking. The deal should be OG and a pick for RJ. Not just because of skill level but taking everything into account.

I agree with you on attaching picks to a younger player with better upside but I don't think the rest of what you said is grounded in reality. OG is elite at something, all NBA on the defensive side of things; RJ has not shown an elite quality, it's just potential.

I am not intimately familiar with things that are going on with Toronto but to just roll with the 3rd banana marker is just way off. OG was tied for 4th on his team in shots per game and the guy he was tied with is Scotty Barnes, someone who the Raptors are building around and they want HIM to have more touches. OG was 6th on his team in Usage.

Let's do that again. OG was arguably 5th in shots taken per game and 6th in usage for the Raptors. He wants more within the offense, so trading up to a spot like RJ's would be a HUGE jump. In a reduced role last year, RJ shot 16 times per game compared to 13 from OG. Usage? 19% versus 26% for RJ. Completely different roles for both players, they are not nearly compatible.

RJ is barely an average offensive player when you consider how poorly he shoots as well as the TO's and he is worse on defense. He absolutely has unmet potential but the reality of what he currently has done is much less than OG is you consider both sides of the ball.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/21/2023  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2023  8:53 AM

RJ and Fournier is a lot of money. RJ makes more than OG alone. Would it be a bigger deal?

DLeethal
Member: #9126

7/21/2023  11:25 AM
Trading a G/F (or 2) for OG seems like the most likely scenario if something is to happen this offseason. Then add a traditional low-minute backup 4. The CAA stuff appears to be an early indicator. RJ makes sense for TOR for obvious reasons. OG as more of a prototypical 3/D guy fits better with Brunson and Julius. Makes sense all around. Doesn't make us that much closer though, feels like we still need another "star" level scorer/shotmaker.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/21/2023  11:45 AM
DLeethal wrote:Trading a G/F (or 2) for OG seems like the most likely scenario if something is to happen this offseason. Then add a traditional low-minute backup 4. The CAA stuff appears to be an early indicator. RJ makes sense for TOR for obvious reasons. OG as more of a prototypical 3/D guy fits better with Brunson and Julius. Makes sense all around. Doesn't make us that much closer though, feels like we still need another "star" level scorer/shotmaker.

Makes sense to me if it's RJ going to Toronto to add a more traditional wing to replace him. If not RJ, adding another slow average athletic player to the rotation doesn't seem like a great fit. We already are one of the slowest teams in the league.

Brunson
RJ
OG
Randle
Mitch

not real excited about that line up unless we bringing back the 90's

DLeethal
Member: #9126

7/21/2023  11:53 AM
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Trading a G/F (or 2) for OG seems like the most likely scenario if something is to happen this offseason. Then add a traditional low-minute backup 4. The CAA stuff appears to be an early indicator. RJ makes sense for TOR for obvious reasons. OG as more of a prototypical 3/D guy fits better with Brunson and Julius. Makes sense all around. Doesn't make us that much closer though, feels like we still need another "star" level scorer/shotmaker.

Makes sense to me if it's RJ going to Toronto to add a more traditional wing to replace him. If not RJ, adding another slow average athletic player to the rotation doesn't seem like a great fit. We already are one of the slowest teams in the league.

Brunson
RJ
OG
Randle
Mitch

not real excited about that line up unless we bringing back the 90's

Agreed, something has gotta give with RJ and Randle eventually. They just clash stylistically even though they've made it work to a degree. Both pounders, flimsy 3 shooters, flimsy FT shooters, poor off-ball guys. OG works at the 3 with Grimes at the 2 and Randle at the 4. OG would work as a small ball 4 with RJ at the 3 as well (Thibs probably wouldn't do it). But RJ-OG-Randle doesn't work IMO. At some point we need to start considering "fit".

What I like about OG, which I also liked about the Paul George rumors, is to compete in the East you need a defensive "stopper" type to match up with Giannis, Tatum, Butler. OG is a good guy to have in those inevitable playoff series'. RJ/Randle are not sufficient defenders to place on them for a playoff series and Grimes/Hart are too small although they will compete.

O.G. Anunoby Leaves Klutch and Rich Paul

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy