Member: #583
USA
6/27/2023  10:48 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:
WilliamHoyle wrote:Rumor is O.G. is moving on from Klutch and looking for a new agent. This is big news because Klutch has been keeping their clients away from the Knicks.

While he isn't considered elite he would fit really nicely with the Knicks and Thibs. If the off-season is trading for O.G. and signing Donte DiVincenzo would you be happy with the results. Shooting and Defense is added.

Assumption is your sending out RJ for OG.

I would. Love RJ but if Randle is the guy then OG would likely fit much better.

How so ?

Lower usage, higher 3pt percentage, killer3 from the corner. Can Barrett be better than OG? It’s possible, but OG is the better 3&D.

You do know OG wants to move on BECAUSE of that low usage right?

Yahoo Sports Canada
Raptors' O.G. Anunoby reportedly 'wants out of Toronto'
Anunoby is having the best season of his career, scoring 17.4 points per game and leading the NBA in steals.
Steven Loung·Writer
January 24, 2023·2 min read
Longtime radio host Bob McCown said Tuesday that O.G. Anunoby
Longtime radio host Bob McCown said Tuesday that O.G. Anunoby "wants to be traded" away from the Raptors. (Getty Images)
Despite his quiet disposition on the court, the trade noise around O.G. Anunoby keeps crescendoing.

Just a day after a Toronto Star report claimed the Toronto Raptors were offered three first-round picks for the 25-year-old forward, another rumour about a possible departure from the only NBA team Anunoby’s ever known has come forward.

Longtime Toronto radio personality Bob McCown said Tuesday on his podcast that Anunoby no longer wants to be a Raptor.

“I talked to an insider inside the NBA yesterday on the phone,” McCown said. “Just by accident he called me. He’s a guy I’ve known for several years. He tells me that Anunoby wants out of Toronto. Anunoby wants out. He wants to be traded. I don’t know if they’re trying to do something. He’s a name that’s been out there for quite some time.”

This is not the first time rumours have spread about Anunoby being unhappy in Toronto. Jake Fischer, then of Bleacher Report, reported in May that the forward was “unhappy with his role” and had teams circling around with the hopes of landing the allegedly disgruntled player.

Anunoby told TSN's Kate Beirness in November that he was "surprised" to hear the news and admitted he "can't do anything" about his name appearing in headlines.

Anunoby is in the midst of a career year, averaging 17.4 points and 5.7 rebounds per game while shooting 36.4 percent from three-point range on more than five attempts per contest. Additionally, he leads the league in steals (90) and steals per game (2.1).

The Indiana University product is under contract for at least one more season and has a player option for the 2024-25 season. He is making just over $17-million this year.

Given the way the Raptors have underperformed this season, there’s been much speculation about Toronto selling at the deadline, with Anunoby among the prime candidates because of the assumed high return he would get in any trade.

The NBA Trade Deadline is Feb. 9.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/raptors-og-anunoby-reportedly-wants-out-of-toronto-024034964.html

Compared to Scottie Barnes he is correct. He could go from 19% up to 25% usage here and still be more effective on less shots than RJ. AND, if he is open in the corner, that shot is our primary shot. I would also be designing swing pass plays to get him the ball in the corner (48% on 81 attempts last year). If teams have to guard the corner, Brunson and Randle can run rampant in the paint. Only move after that is to move Robinson out of the paint with his defender.

So, in Toronto he was behind FVV, Siakam and Barnes. Here, he would be behind Brunson and Randle. For now.

Nalod said a lot of what I was going to say a few posts up. OG does not want to go from 3rd option to 3rd option. He would be coming to a situation similiar to where he is now. Behind a star PF and a star PG and even the expectations of him are the same based on the posters here...a high quality 3 and D wing behind 2 stars.

My take is mainly on the court but that new contract he wants is a consideration too. You probably aren't getting him for RJ money.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
6/27/2023  11:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2023  11:21 AM
But what if OGs camp sees the Knicks having 1 star who needs a 2nd star. While Randle continues his decline from 1st to 2nd and now potentially 3rd option, at least based on Randles playoff impact vs the regular season.

Before JB, Randle was #1 and RJ#2

After JB, Randle now #2 and RJ #3

After Randle flopped again in the playoffs, ny sports analyst, podcasts and fans on this site where saying randle is 3rd option and this team needs a #2. Whether that’s true or false isn’t the argument. But it’s a selling point to OG that you can be the #2 option on the Knicks.

With that said, and looking on the surface, I can see the Knicks FO selling that to OG. Along with a perfect fit between OG and Thibs. Similar to Hart and Thibs. Another positive for OG is this team lacks consistent 3&D players. So thibs will play OG heavy mins. Especially since he can play both SF and PF.

And changing agents is a big deal right now. That’s someone looking for a change of scenery. Knicks may not be his main destination of choice, but like all nba players, they can use the Knicks exposure to show his value on the big stage. So even if OGs camp think it’s a lateral move, it’s still better than Toronto right now who’s looking to push reset.

So I see lots of motivational factors for OG and his camp to leave Toronto and join the Knicks. The question is do we give up on RJ now or believe in his future growth.

To me that depends on what timeline do we currently have with JB running the show. Does RJ development timeline fit JBs superstar growth? Or do you go with OG who’s already doing what RJ is trying to improve on. OG also gives thibs the option to run a short rotation because OG can also take Obi backup PF mins.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2023  1:12 PM
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:
WilliamHoyle wrote:Rumor is O.G. is moving on from Klutch and looking for a new agent. This is big news because Klutch has been keeping their clients away from the Knicks.

While he isn't considered elite he would fit really nicely with the Knicks and Thibs. If the off-season is trading for O.G. and signing Donte DiVincenzo would you be happy with the results. Shooting and Defense is added.

How so ?

Lower usage, higher 3pt percentage, killer3 from the corner. Can Barrett be better than OG? It’s possible, but OG is the better 3&D.

Yahoo Sports Canada
Anunoby is having the best season of his career, scoring 17.4 points per game and leading the NBA in steals.
Steven Loung·Writer
Longtime radio host Bob McCown said Tuesday that O.G. Anunoby "wants to be traded" away from the Raptors. (Getty Images)
Despite his quiet disposition on the court, the trade noise around O.G. Anunoby keeps crescendoing.

Just a day after a Toronto Star report claimed the Toronto Raptors were offered three first-round picks for the 25-year-old forward, another rumour about a possible departure from the only NBA team Anunoby’s ever known has come forward.

Longtime Toronto radio personality Bob McCown said Tuesday on his podcast that Anunoby no longer wants to be a Raptor.

“I talked to an insider inside the NBA yesterday on the phone,” McCown said. “Just by accident he called me. He’s a guy I’ve known for several years. He tells me that Anunoby wants out of Toronto. Anunoby wants out. He wants to be traded. I don’t know if they’re trying to do something. He’s a name that’s been out there for quite some time.”

This is not the first time rumours have spread about Anunoby being unhappy in Toronto. Jake Fischer, then of Bleacher Report, reported in May that the forward was “unhappy with his role” and had teams circling around with the hopes of landing the allegedly disgruntled player.

Anunoby told TSN's Kate Beirness in November that he was "surprised" to hear the news and admitted he "can't do anything" about his name appearing in headlines.

Anunoby is in the midst of a career year, averaging 17.4 points and 5.7 rebounds per game while shooting 36.4 percent from three-point range on more than five attempts per contest. Additionally, he leads the league in steals (90) and steals per game (2.1).

The Indiana University product is under contract for at least one more season and has a player option for the 2024-25 season. He is making just over $17-million this year.

Given the way the Raptors have underperformed this season, there’s been much speculation about Toronto selling at the deadline, with Anunoby among the prime candidates because of the assumed high return he would get in any trade.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/raptors-og-anunoby-reportedly-wants-out-of-toronto-024034964.html

Compared to Scottie Barnes he is correct. He could go from 19% up to 25% usage here and still be more effective on less shots than RJ. AND, if he is open in the corner, that shot is our primary shot. I would also be designing swing pass plays to get him the ball in the corner (48% on 81 attempts last year). If teams have to guard the corner, Brunson and Randle can run rampant in the paint. Only move after that is to move Robinson out of the paint with his defender.

So, in Toronto he was behind FVV, Siakam and Barnes. Here, he would be behind Brunson and Randle. For now.

Nalod said a lot of what I was going to say a few posts up. OG does not want to go from 3rd option to 3rd option. He would be coming to a situation similiar to where he is now. Behind a star PF and a star PG and even the expectations of him are the same based on the posters here...a high quality 3 and D wing behind 2 stars.

My take is mainly on the court but that new contract he wants is a consideration too. You probably aren't getting him for RJ money.

I don't know if there is a difference between being the 3rd option or just having more focus of the offense running through or featuring OG that was the real problem. The pecking order on Toronto - without really having watched them and going by stats - seems to orbit around Siakam and FVV with Barnes needing to be spoon fed because of his potential. In terms of both shots per game and usage, OG was always 5th or 6th on his team whereas RJ was clearly #3 and had usage and shot attempts that were in line with Randle/Brunson. That IMHO would be a big jump for OG.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2023.html
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2023.html

Right now, RJ is the man guy with the second unit, a role OG could also have and they could sell that (no idea if OG has that potential). Imagine iHart, OG, Hart, Donte (MLE), IQ... that is bonkers.

OG would also allow the Knicks to do small ball effectively IMHO OG, Randle, Hart, Grimes, Brunson.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/27/2023  3:02 PM
Vooch and OG would be ideal pieces to place next to Randle in the frontcourt. Would be actual quality roster construction moves. KP would have been a more ideal fit, but he off the market. Turner of course is an option and skills wise would be a nice fit, but would cost more and is more injury prone.

NEED MORE SPACING IN THE FRONTCOURT.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
6/27/2023  4:23 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Vooch and OG would be ideal pieces to place next to Randle in the frontcourt. Would be actual quality roster construction moves. KP would have been a more ideal fit, but he off the market. Turner of course is an option and skills wise would be a nice fit, but would cost more and is more injury prone.

iHart got you. He’s coming back with that 3point shot, bank on it!

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/27/2023  5:10 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Vooch and OG would be ideal pieces to place next to Randle in the frontcourt. Would be actual quality roster construction moves. KP would have been a more ideal fit, but he off the market. Turner of course is an option and skills wise would be a nice fit, but would cost more and is more injury prone.

3 point bank shot? Sounds like a high percentage shot.

This is the Randle.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
USA
6/27/2023  8:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2023  8:56 PM
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

Yahoo Sports Canada
Steven Loung·Writer

I don't know if there is a difference between being the 3rd option or just having more focus of the offense running through or featuring OG that was the real problem. The pecking order on Toronto - without really having watched them and going by stats - seems to orbit around Siakam and FVV with Barnes needing to be spoon fed because of his potential. In terms of both shots per game and usage, OG was always 5th or 6th on his team whereas RJ was clearly #3 and had usage and shot attempts that were in line with Randle/Brunson. That IMHO would be a big jump for OG.

Right now, RJ is the man guy with the second unit, a role OG could also have and they could sell that (no idea if OG has that potential). Imagine iHart, OG, Hart, Donte (MLE), IQ... that is bonkers.

OG would also allow the Knicks to do small ball effectively IMHO OG, Randle, Hart, Grimes, Brunson.

Not saying he isn't a good fit playing his current game. And you know I like RJ. But given his age, the contract he is going to demand, and the fact he wants to be more than a #4, where here he may be a #3 at best with the current team (offensively he isn't better than Randle, and it is debatable if he has the skill on offense that RJ-who will probably have to be included in the trade- has flashed in spurts),

As said before, more energy on offense leads to less energy on defense (probably can look at RJ as a good example of that). If he wants to be a more offensive player, and move up the pecking order on a team, and is going to demand a $150+ million contract, do they REALLY know what they are getting and how he will fit?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/27/2023  9:52 PM
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

Yahoo Sports Canada
Steven Loung·Writer

Not saying he isn't a good fit playing his current game. And you know I like RJ. But given his age, the contract he is going to demand, and the fact he wants to be more than a #4, where here he may be a #3 at best with the current team (offensively he isn't better than Randle, and it is debatable if he has the skill on offense that RJ-who will probably have to be included in the trade- has flashed in spurts),

As said before, more energy on offense leads to less energy on defense (probably can look at RJ as a good example of that). If he wants to be a more offensive player, and move up the pecking order on a team, and is going to demand a $150+ million contract, do they REALLY know what they are getting and how he will fit?

Barrett took the #1 offense role from Randle and OG would have that opportunity. Brunson is probably going to hold onto 1 but my point is that the roles isn’t set in stone.

If I were OG, I’d insist on it being for Barrett.

This is the Randle.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/27/2023  10:30 PM
martin wrote:

We can only dream!!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
USA
6/27/2023  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2023  11:13 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

Yahoo Sports Canada
Steven Loung·Writer

Barrett took the #1 offense role from Randle and OG would have that opportunity. Brunson is probably going to hold onto 1 but my point is that the roles isn’t set in stone.

And there is the rub. Barrett has proved that he can be a number one option. OG has not, is older, and is going to get paid (more than Barrett). Not to mention this is the first time in ANY OG thread that it has even been suggested, let alone out right stated that OG has any chance to be a #1 option. All I have seen is people acting like he is a star (he isn't), yet the expectation from everyone is a #3 option and a premiere 3 and D player that should be acquired mostly because he is a better fit than than the incumbant at SF spot.

So you think OG at 25 has more upside than Barrett at 23 (even right now it is arguable that he is better....his skill set is just different than RJ, I don't think he is better, just possesses-in his current version not the theoretically more offensive minded version-a different set of skills that may be more valuable to this team), given that OG is probably going to demand a contract of upwards of $150 mil? More power to you.

I will just agree to disagree.

Caseloads
Member: #41
6/28/2023  12:17 AM
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

Yahoo Sports Canada
Steven Loung·Writer

And there is the rub. Barrett has proved that he can be a number one option. OG has not, is older, and is going to get paid (more than Barrett). Not to mention this is the first time in ANY OG thread that it has even been suggested, let alone out right stated that OG has any chance to be a #1 option. All I have seen is people acting like he is a star (he isn't), yet the expectation from everyone is a #3 option and a premiere 3 and D player that should be acquired mostly because he is a better fit than than the incumbant at SF spot.

So you think OG at 25 has more upside than Barrett at 23 (even right now it is arguable that he is better....his skill set is just different than RJ, I don't think he is better, just possesses-in his current version not the theoretically more offensive minded version-a different set of skills that may be more valuable to this team), given that OG is probably going to demand a contract of upwards of $150 mil? More power to you.

I will just agree to disagree.

OG is a taller Josh hart; that is more expensive. Pass.

If RJ were on another team, we would be very motivated to get him.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/28/2023  6:02 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
blkexec wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:I don’t understand the trade RJ over Randle takes. I’ll never understand them.

RJ is young so his value is higher longterm as an individual player and his salary is cheaper. Randle is a 2x all star and he’s proven to carry a team and dominate in the regular season. He’s very consistent and carried the Knicks but needs that 3rd wheel to carry us into the playoffs. RJ played great in the playoffs which makes me think he’s going to be a very good clutch performer as he ages. RJs weakness is consistency and controlling his lows. He goes on these bad offensive runs at odd times and sometimes he’s stuck in s rut for too long during the season. when RJ is down, he looks bad like he should be in the g league. When he’s up he looks like a promising nba player. But patients is thin and we only have a small window during JB and Randles prime. Including thibs who’s no spring chicken.

But I think one of them should be used in a trade because in my opinion it’s going to take RJ and Randle more time to gel together in a way that impacts the entire team. These 2 feels like they’ve had more bad games together than good. One is hot the other is not.

I understand OG is looking for more volume and he will get it if he takes RJ or Randles mins. At this point I’m ready to roll the dice and make a RJ or OG move that appears to be close to a lateral move but I believe has a better impact on the team overall. RJ might be the better player or have a better individual stat career but OG is a thibs type of 3&D player. RJ is inconsistent with his 3&D. OG is a little more reliable in that area, so this makes since and why I believe OG could be an impactful player. And truthfully he’s used to low volume while since HS RJ has been a high volume player and appears to play better when he’s the lead dog not the 3rd wheel. Neither player wants to be a 3rd wheel but in my opinion OG is a better 3rd wheel than RJ.

Gotta do something and this is the something that doesn’t hurt us and should only improve us. If anything it gives us new or different energy. And I believe a perfect 2nd or 3rd wheel next to JB and Jules. He’s also a thibs type of defender.

I agree with your sentiments. I think OG fits better than RJ next to Brunson and Randle.

He fits Thibs style of player thats for sure. Having him to throw at elite forwards would be nice too. He is the guy I'd be trying to get if I was the Knicks. Since we have no shot at Mikal Bridges for now.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
USA
6/28/2023  3:29 PM

martin
USA
6/28/2023  3:33 PM
Leon is about to hire OG's dad as an assistant something or other
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/28/2023  3:42 PM
martin wrote:

Ok - score 1 for the conspiracy theorists!

I don't love OG, and definitely don't want to part with RJ to make it happen. But I didn't love Brunson before he was here either, so...

martin
USA
6/28/2023  3:57 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/28/2023  4:00 PM
martin wrote:

Is this the real reason Lavine wants to avoid talks with the Knicks?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/28/2023  4:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:If he lands with CAA it will be very interesting.

CAA it is.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/28/2023  4:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2023  4:05 PM
If FVV leaves Toronto then a deal around IQ, Fournier and maybe a couple of picks for OG makes a lot of sense.

Or the Knicks can actually match his salary with Quickley, Toppin, and the non-guaranteed contracts of Roby and Jeffries.

martin
USA
6/28/2023  4:07 PM
Knixkik wrote:If FVV leaves Toronto then a deal around IQ, Fournier and maybe a couple of picks for OG makes a lot of sense.

Or the Knicks can actually match his salary with Quickley, Toppin, and the non-guaranteed contracts of Roby and Jeffries.

O.G. Anunoby Leaves Klutch and Rich Paul

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy