[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

O.G. Anunoby Leaves Klutch and Rich Paul
Author Thread
WilliamHoyle
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9120

6/26/2023  5:03 PM
Rumor is O.G. is moving on from Klutch and looking for a new agent. This is big news because Klutch has been keeping their clients away from the Knicks.

While he isn't considered elite he would fit really nicely with the Knicks and Thibs. If the off-season is trading for O.G. and signing Donte DiVincenzo would you be happy with the results. Shooting and Defense is added.

Assumption is your sending out RJ for OG.

AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/26/2023  5:41 PM
WilliamHoyle wrote:Rumor is O.G. is moving on from Klutch and looking for a new agent. This is big news because Klutch has been keeping their clients away from the Knicks.

While he isn't considered elite he would fit really nicely with the Knicks and Thibs. If the off-season is trading for O.G. and signing Donte DiVincenzo would you be happy with the results. Shooting and Defense is added.

This is good.

This is the Randle.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
6/26/2023  5:43 PM
WilliamHoyle wrote:Rumor is O.G. is moving on from Klutch and looking for a new agent. This is big news because Klutch has been keeping their clients away from the Knicks.

I would. Love RJ but if Randle is the guy then OG would likely fit much better.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

6/26/2023  5:53 PM
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

EwingsGlass
USA
6/26/2023  6:16 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

Lower usage, higher 3pt percentage, killer3 from the corner. Can Barrett be better than OG? It’s possible, but OG is the better 3&D.

This is the Randle.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

6/26/2023  7:06 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

Lower usage, higher 3pt percentage, killer3 from the corner. Can Barrett be better than OG? It’s possible, but OG is the better 3&D.

No I agree OG would be great but I think OG with Julius is better then OG and RJ in the lineup I'd rather trade RJ for OG with two FRP. Offseason ideally would be Brunson, Grimes,OG, Julius, Mitch bench IQ, Hart, Heart, and Watanabeor or Josh Richardson, Obi if he remains

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/26/2023  8:07 PM
If he lands with CAA it will be very interesting.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/26/2023  11:23 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

You do know OG wants to move on BECAUSE of that low usage right?

Yahoo Sports Canada
Raptors' O.G. Anunoby reportedly 'wants out of Toronto'
Anunoby is having the best season of his career, scoring 17.4 points per game and leading the NBA in steals.
Steven Loung·Writer
January 24, 2023·2 min read
Longtime radio host Bob McCown said Tuesday that O.G. Anunoby
Longtime radio host Bob McCown said Tuesday that O.G. Anunoby "wants to be traded" away from the Raptors. (Getty Images)
Despite his quiet disposition on the court, the trade noise around O.G. Anunoby keeps crescendoing.

Just a day after a Toronto Star report claimed the Toronto Raptors were offered three first-round picks for the 25-year-old forward, another rumour about a possible departure from the only NBA team Anunoby’s ever known has come forward.

Longtime Toronto radio personality Bob McCown said Tuesday on his podcast that Anunoby no longer wants to be a Raptor.

“I talked to an insider inside the NBA yesterday on the phone,” McCown said. “Just by accident he called me. He’s a guy I’ve known for several years. He tells me that Anunoby wants out of Toronto. Anunoby wants out. He wants to be traded. I don’t know if they’re trying to do something. He’s a name that’s been out there for quite some time.”

This is not the first time rumours have spread about Anunoby being unhappy in Toronto. Jake Fischer, then of Bleacher Report, reported in May that the forward was “unhappy with his role” and had teams circling around with the hopes of landing the allegedly disgruntled player.

Anunoby told TSN's Kate Beirness in November that he was "surprised" to hear the news and admitted he "can't do anything" about his name appearing in headlines.

Anunoby is in the midst of a career year, averaging 17.4 points and 5.7 rebounds per game while shooting 36.4 percent from three-point range on more than five attempts per contest. Additionally, he leads the league in steals (90) and steals per game (2.1).

The Indiana University product is under contract for at least one more season and has a player option for the 2024-25 season. He is making just over $17-million this year.

Given the way the Raptors have underperformed this season, there’s been much speculation about Toronto selling at the deadline, with Anunoby among the prime candidates because of the assumed high return he would get in any trade.

The NBA Trade Deadline is Feb. 9.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/raptors-og-anunoby-reportedly-wants-out-of-toronto-024034964.html

~You can't run from who you are.~
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

6/27/2023  12:42 AM
Is there a way to keep RJ in a trade for OG, OG is not an elite target anyway, can it be Grimes, Obi and a couple of 1st? If thats possible maybe the final step will be trading OG and RJ plus picks for a superstar, that trade can still guve the knicks depth.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

6/27/2023  12:43 AM
RJ is pretty good proof that even a smaller star gets paid more than a star role player.

Knicks starters were a +8.6 in 500+ minutes according to basketball-reference.com . I'm going to need more proof before I can accept that our big 3 doesn't work because of spacing issues- such as our four worst lineups also featured Brunson Randle and RJ and they were -13 on average. https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2023/lineups/

Even bringing in OG for free causes issues for the long-term as he would replace either Grimes or RJ minutes. Now OG is better but what's his ceiling vs. those two guys?

This is tough because we have all gotten used to the offseason being the most joyous time as being a Knicks fan where we can imagine that our draft picks, trades, and signings can make us forget the disappointment of the previous season. Now we have a team that out performed expectations, a young roster that will only improve, a clean cap sheet for the foreseeable future, and a stash of picks.

In doing his job well Leon Rose has alienated a large portion of the fanbase by making our offseason objections irrelevant.

PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
6/27/2023  2:50 AM
I don’t understand the trade RJ over Randle takes. I’ll never understand them.
/PassTheBall
EwingsGlass
USA
6/27/2023  7:07 AM
joec32033 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

How so ?

You do know OG wants to move on BECAUSE of that low usage right?

Yahoo Sports Canada
Raptors' O.G. Anunoby reportedly 'wants out of Toronto'
Anunoby is having the best season of his career, scoring 17.4 points per game and leading the NBA in steals.
Steven Loung·Writer
January 24, 2023·2 min read
Longtime radio host Bob McCown said Tuesday that O.G. Anunoby
Longtime radio host Bob McCown said Tuesday that O.G. Anunoby "wants to be traded" away from the Raptors. (Getty Images)
Despite his quiet disposition on the court, the trade noise around O.G. Anunoby keeps crescendoing.

Just a day after a Toronto Star report claimed the Toronto Raptors were offered three first-round picks for the 25-year-old forward, another rumour about a possible departure from the only NBA team Anunoby’s ever known has come forward.

Longtime Toronto radio personality Bob McCown said Tuesday on his podcast that Anunoby no longer wants to be a Raptor.

“I talked to an insider inside the NBA yesterday on the phone,” McCown said. “Just by accident he called me. He’s a guy I’ve known for several years. He tells me that Anunoby wants out of Toronto. Anunoby wants out. He wants to be traded. I don’t know if they’re trying to do something. He’s a name that’s been out there for quite some time.”

This is not the first time rumours have spread about Anunoby being unhappy in Toronto. Jake Fischer, then of Bleacher Report, reported in May that the forward was “unhappy with his role” and had teams circling around with the hopes of landing the allegedly disgruntled player.

Anunoby told TSN's Kate Beirness in November that he was "surprised" to hear the news and admitted he "can't do anything" about his name appearing in headlines.

Anunoby is in the midst of a career year, averaging 17.4 points and 5.7 rebounds per game while shooting 36.4 percent from three-point range on more than five attempts per contest. Additionally, he leads the league in steals (90) and steals per game (2.1).

The Indiana University product is under contract for at least one more season and has a player option for the 2024-25 season. He is making just over $17-million this year.

Given the way the Raptors have underperformed this season, there’s been much speculation about Toronto selling at the deadline, with Anunoby among the prime candidates because of the assumed high return he would get in any trade.

The NBA Trade Deadline is Feb. 9.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/raptors-og-anunoby-reportedly-wants-out-of-toronto-024034964.html

Compared to Scottie Barnes he is correct. He could go from 19% up to 25% usage here and still be more effective on less shots than RJ. AND, if he is open in the corner, that shot is our primary shot. I would also be designing swing pass plays to get him the ball in the corner (48% on 81 attempts last year). If teams have to guard the corner, Brunson and Randle can run rampant in the paint. Only move after that is to move Robinson out of the paint with his defender.

So, in Toronto he was behind FVV, Siakam and Barnes. Here, he would be behind Brunson and Randle. For now.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2023  7:14 AM
They bought in a new coach so perhaps all notions of what we know are gone.
Raptors have talent but there was issue with Nurse and the players.
OG thought Klutch not doing their job and he needs to get his contract or get traded?
OG has some aspects to his game that is favorable to RJ, and some that might not be. I get the plug and play fan thing.
Now we need to know if you trade for OG, what are his salary demands? Does that fit “The timeline”.
They let FVV walk? Interesting. Siakim and OG both free next year?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2023  7:45 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Is there a way to keep RJ in a trade for OG, OG is not an elite target anyway, can it be Grimes, Obi and a couple of 1st? If thats possible maybe the final step will be trading OG and RJ plus picks for a superstar, that trade can still guve the knicks depth.

Knicks will want to keep grimes. I can see IQ and Fournier plus a couple of picks for OG though. If Toronto loses FVV especially.

EwingsGlass
USA
6/27/2023  8:30 AM
Nalod wrote:They bought in a new coach so perhaps all notions of what we know are gone.
Raptors have talent but there was issue with Nurse and the players.
OG thought Klutch not doing their job and he needs to get his contract or get traded?
OG has some aspects to his game that is favorable to RJ, and some that might not be. I get the plug and play fan thing.
Now we need to know if you trade for OG, what are his salary demands? Does that fit “The timeline”.
They let FVV walk? Interesting. Siakim and OG both free next year?

Thibs would give OG 46 minutes a game and we would be complaining he is overplaying him. I want to have these kinds of complaints.

This is the Randle.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/27/2023  8:47 AM
PassTheBall wrote:I don’t understand the trade RJ over Randle takes. I’ll never understand them.

prolly cause Randle is a much better basketball player.... prolly
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/27/2023  8:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:I don’t understand the trade RJ over Randle takes. I’ll never understand them.

prolly cause Randle is a much better basketball player.... prolly

But RJ doesn’t make faces.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/27/2023  9:00 AM

RJ is young so his value is higher longterm as an individual player and his salary is cheaper. Randle is a 2x all star and he’s proven to carry a team and dominate in the regular season. He’s very consistent and carried the Knicks but needs that 3rd wheel to carry us into the playoffs. RJ played great in the playoffs which makes me think he’s going to be a very good clutch performer as he ages. RJs weakness is consistency and controlling his lows. He goes on these bad offensive runs at odd times and sometimes he’s stuck in s rut for too long during the season. when RJ is down, he looks bad like he should be in the g league. When he’s up he looks like a promising nba player. But patients is thin and we only have a small window during JB and Randles prime. Including thibs who’s no spring chicken.

But I think one of them should be used in a trade because in my opinion it’s going to take RJ and Randle more time to gel together in a way that impacts the entire team. These 2 feels like they’ve had more bad games together than good. One is hot the other is not.

I understand OG is looking for more volume and he will get it if he takes RJ or Randles mins. At this point I’m ready to roll the dice and make a RJ or OG move that appears to be close to a lateral move but I believe has a better impact on the team overall. RJ might be the better player or have a better individual stat career but OG is a thibs type of 3&D player. RJ is inconsistent with his 3&D. OG is a little more reliable in that area, so this makes since and why I believe OG could be an impactful player. And truthfully he’s used to low volume while since HS RJ has been a high volume player and appears to play better when he’s the lead dog not the 3rd wheel. Neither player wants to be a 3rd wheel but in my opinion OG is a better 3rd wheel than RJ.

Gotta do something and this is the something that doesn’t hurt us and should only improve us. If anything it gives us new or different energy. And I believe a perfect 2nd or 3rd wheel next to JB and Jules. He’s also a thibs type of defender.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2023  10:04 AM
blkexec wrote:

RJ is young so his value is higher longterm as an individual player and his salary is cheaper. Randle is a 2x all star and he’s proven to carry a team and dominate in the regular season. He’s very consistent and carried the Knicks but needs that 3rd wheel to carry us into the playoffs. RJ played great in the playoffs which makes me think he’s going to be a very good clutch performer as he ages. RJs weakness is consistency and controlling his lows. He goes on these bad offensive runs at odd times and sometimes he’s stuck in s rut for too long during the season. when RJ is down, he looks bad like he should be in the g league. When he’s up he looks like a promising nba player. But patients is thin and we only have a small window during JB and Randles prime. Including thibs who’s no spring chicken.

But I think one of them should be used in a trade because in my opinion it’s going to take RJ and Randle more time to gel together in a way that impacts the entire team. These 2 feels like they’ve had more bad games together than good. One is hot the other is not.

I understand OG is looking for more volume and he will get it if he takes RJ or Randles mins. At this point I’m ready to roll the dice and make a RJ or OG move that appears to be close to a lateral move but I believe has a better impact on the team overall. RJ might be the better player or have a better individual stat career but OG is a thibs type of 3&D player. RJ is inconsistent with his 3&D. OG is a little more reliable in that area, so this makes since and why I believe OG could be an impactful player. And truthfully he’s used to low volume while since HS RJ has been a high volume player and appears to play better when he’s the lead dog not the 3rd wheel. Neither player wants to be a 3rd wheel but in my opinion OG is a better 3rd wheel than RJ.

Gotta do something and this is the something that doesn’t hurt us and should only improve us. If anything it gives us new or different energy. And I believe a perfect 2nd or 3rd wheel next to JB and Jules. He’s also a thibs type of defender.

YOu may be right. Say even its an even swap. But, say the issue was not RJ and his chemistry with Randle.
Also, what is OG new contract going to cost. Include the opportunity cost of what we cannot see.

Resign OG to a bigger than RJ deal, and perhaps it does not move the dial as hoped?
Maybe the key to unlocking the knicks potential is 5th option that can catch the ball and hit a 6 foot open shot?
Maybe its finding a more reliable SG that can hit an open jumper with better effeciency than Grimes?
Or, Maybe Grimes just gets better.

My point is this is what the FO has to look at every day and the ramifications to if said idea does not pan out.
I like OG a lot.
I like RJ a lot and his still upside.

Just because OG wants more shots, and it reduces his effeciency and perhaps energy from defense are we that much better than RJ, who still might tighten up his game to that level and beyond?

Tough decisions. Why is OG not extended in Toronto? What is Klutch not doing that another would? And is Klutch wrong or is OG delusional?

EwingsGlass
USA
6/27/2023  10:06 AM
blkexec wrote:

I agree with your sentiments. I think OG fits better than RJ next to Brunson and Randle.

This is the Randle.
O.G. Anunoby Leaves Klutch and Rich Paul

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy