Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2024  12:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

Gangnam Style!

someone put "Cream Abdul Jabbar" for his name.
Briggs has to be all over this guy, no???

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2024  12:06 PM
Nalod wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

Gangnam Style!

someone put "Cream Abdul Jabbar" for his name.
Briggs has to be all over this guy, no???

hahahahahaha

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/4/2024  8:12 PM
Hunter Sallis is an interesting player to keep an eye on. He’s had a breakout scoring season for wake forest, with both spot up shooting and scoring off the dribble. He was a gonzaga transfer who didn’t score a ton there, but was known as an excellent defender. His drawback is he’s not a natural playmaker, more of a combo guard. Very similar to Quickley in a lot of ways. As a Junior, I can see the Knicks having some interest.
martin
USA
3/5/2024  3:40 PM
Man OKC sitting pretty at #10 and #11. Knicks #16 and #22

Can't be any worse than Burks lol

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/5/2024  4:05 PM
martin wrote:Man OKC sitting pretty at #10 and #11. Knicks #16 and #22

Can't be any worse than Burks lol

I feel good teams that target "nba ready" players usually do well mid/late firsts, I like our spots this year to find a couple NBA ready role players since we don't really need to swing for a home run in this draft.

martin
USA
3/6/2024  11:42 AM
Need to hold the line at the 10th seed though, nothing at or below that please.

martin
USA
3/6/2024  2:02 PM
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/7/2024  12:39 AM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Only 1.5 games behind the #13 pick. That pick is going to be nice this year, no way DAL can take out of it again.

You KNOW Cuban wants to shout out "HOLD MY BEER"

Maybe that is why he invested in this...

FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Why Mark Cuban Made a $1 Million Deal for a Startup That Keeps Beer Cold'Why is it that I always drink myself into spending $1 million?' Cuban asked on the recent episode of 'Shark Tank.'
BY EMILY CANAL, STAFF WRITER, INC.COM @EMILYCANAL
NOV 26, 2018
ABC's 'Shark Tank' - Season Ten
Adam Callinan and Matt Campbell, co-founders of BottleKeeper. Getty Images
Mark Cuban hates warm beer.

On Sunday's episode of Shark Tank, Cuban teamed up with Lori Greiner to invest in BottleKeeper, an El Segundo, California-based startup that makes a stainless steel container designed to keep glass beer bottles cold while protecting them from breaking. Cousins Adam Callinan and Matt Campbell launched the company in 2013 and generated $20 million in sales during the past three years. They came to Shark Tank seeking $1 million for 5 percent of their company, which sells its flagship product for $34.99. Guest Shark and former New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez didn't invest in the company, but he did test out the product by throwing a softball at a row of BottleKeepers to ensure that they do prevent beer bottles from breaking.

With $20 million in sales, BottleKeeper's founders didn't convince Cuban it was a small business in dire need of capital. "Either you guys are the world's worst business people or you don't need us," Cuban said, sipping a cold beer out of the BottleKeeper. "So why are you here?"

The entrepreneurs explained that they want to take their online-only operation into retail stores, but don't have the capital to produce the required inventory to do so. The pair spent $4 million on Facebook ads alone and hired an intellectual property lawyer for $500,000 to help them fight copycats. As a result, they've amassed a waiting list of 3,000 U.S. retail stores that want to purchase BottleKeeper's product.

Despite their impressive sales, Callinan and Campbell put themselves at a disadvantage by offering just 5 percent equity. The Sharks typically want a larger percentage of profits to incentivize the work they're prepared to do.

"This is what I call a schmutz deal," Cuban told the co-founders. "Even if you guys hit on all cylinders, where is the upside for us?"

After opting out of the deal and watching as the other Sharks offered BottleKeeper various royalty deals, Cuban changed his mind, teaming up with Greiner. The pair offered $1 million for 5 percent equity and a royalty of $1.50 per unit until $2 million is recouped, split equally between the two Sharks. The co-founders quickly accepted.

"Why is it that I always drink myself into spending $1 million?" Cuban asked as he put down his beer.

https://www.inc.com/emily-canal/shark-tank-season-10-episode-6-bottlekeeper.html

~You can't run from who you are.~
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/7/2024  1:34 PM
https://www.nbadraft.net/players/ulrich-chomche/

NBA Comparison: Trayce Jackson-Davis/Antonio McDyess

Strengths: Great length at 6–11 with a 7–4 wingspan (and possibly still growing) with a strong body, explosive, and good speed … Potentially game changing defender, especially at the rim… Very quick jumper … Great on the break … Attacks the rim with hostility … Excellent rebounder who seeks out the box out… Has very strong hands and often gets the “50/50” balls … Has shown strides in developing his offensive game, including spot up outside shooting like from the corner three spot and the free throw line … Really fast in the open floor and a big threat to catch a lob pass and throw down, either on a halfcourt back cut or on the fast break … Decent hands for a big on the catch … Sneaky good passer who can find cutters, decent court vision and general feel to keep an offense flowing (not a black hole in the post) … Reportedly known among peers and coaches as very humble and with a great work ethic… Takes huge running strides a la Giannis and absorbs contact well on the drive (he is very strong, with good core strength). While right now the excitement is more over his defensive ability, and he has a very long way to go to develop as a go-to offensive threat, you can’t help but see the potential on that side of the ball as well, especially given that he’s already shown a good feel and good vision / passing and moves with control … Shows a Eurostep on the break to avoid charges … Shows the makings of some traditional bigman post skills and is very very tough around the basket, enjoying contact … Shows some touch around the basket …

Weaknesses: Raw prospect… Unproven, having only played against high school level competition, making him a project … Much closer to making an impact at the defensive end compared to offense at the next level … Moves better vertically and in a straight line compared to laterally at this point … As a rim protector, lateral movement doesn’t necessarily need to be his calling card … But in a pick-and-roll-switch-heavy modern NBA, there needs to be some baseline ability there … Outside shot has a slow release … Overall, besides shot blocking, he remains a tantalizing raw prospect … But one who needs to continue improving in essentially all facets of his game … The physical tools and length are top notch, though … lacks any face up dribble game … Can improve as a free throw shooter over time as the form and touch is there , but the consistency is not … Becoming a 70-75% Ft shooter appears in his grasp in the future, but he is not there yet … His PnR game can use work on both ends, learning the nuances and becoming a better screener, as well as on defense anticipating better …

Outlook: Potentially eligible for the 2024 NBA Draft as a 2005 born player … A high upside player, who could become a first rounder despite being extremely early in his development process …

Nice high upside prospect for the long haul. Were in a position to wait on a player like this to develop.

While i'm almost certain we trade at least one of the picks for future picks. Tyler Smith & Chomche are strong development prospects that could pay huge dividends in a couple years on the back end.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
3/9/2024  7:29 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.nbadraft.net/players/ulrich-chomche/

Strengths: Great length at 6–11 with a 7–4 wingspan (and possibly still growing) with a strong body, explosive, and good speed … Potentially game changing defender, especially at the rim… Very quick jumper … Great on the break … Attacks the rim with hostility … Excellent rebounder who seeks out the box out… Has very strong hands and often gets the “50/50” balls … Has shown strides in developing his offensive game, including spot up outside shooting like from the corner three spot and the free throw line … Really fast in the open floor and a big threat to catch a lob pass and throw down, either on a halfcourt back cut or on the fast break … Decent hands for a big on the catch … Sneaky good passer who can find cutters, decent court vision and general feel to keep an offense flowing (not a black hole in the post) … Reportedly known among peers and coaches as very humble and with a great work ethic… Takes huge running strides a la Giannis and absorbs contact well on the drive (he is very strong, with good core strength). While right now the excitement is more over his defensive ability, and he has a very long way to go to develop as a go-to offensive threat, you can’t help but see the potential on that side of the ball as well, especially given that he’s already shown a good feel and good vision / passing and moves with control … Shows a Eurostep on the break to avoid charges … Shows the makings of some traditional bigman post skills and is very very tough around the basket, enjoying contact … Shows some touch around the basket …

Weaknesses: Raw prospect… Unproven, having only played against high school level competition, making him a project … Much closer to making an impact at the defensive end compared to offense at the next level … Moves better vertically and in a straight line compared to laterally at this point … As a rim protector, lateral movement doesn’t necessarily need to be his calling card … But in a pick-and-roll-switch-heavy modern NBA, there needs to be some baseline ability there … Outside shot has a slow release … Overall, besides shot blocking, he remains a tantalizing raw prospect … But one who needs to continue improving in essentially all facets of his game … The physical tools and length are top notch, though … lacks any face up dribble game … Can improve as a free throw shooter over time as the form and touch is there , but the consistency is not … Becoming a 70-75% Ft shooter appears in his grasp in the future, but he is not there yet … His PnR game can use work on both ends, learning the nuances and becoming a better screener, as well as on defense anticipating better …

Outlook: Potentially eligible for the 2024 NBA Draft as a 2005 born player … A high upside player, who could become a first rounder despite being extremely early in his development process …

Nice high upside prospect for the long haul. Were in a position to wait on a player like this to develop.

While i'm almost certain we trade at least one of the picks for future picks. Tyler Smith & Chomche are strong development prospects that could pay huge dividends in a couple years on the back end.

I highly doubt we draft a really raw prospect. The Knicks develop well but they are more interested in ready players who can contribute whether in games or practice. If they draft a young prospect it’s going to be one with a defined skillset. Like I could see them interested in freshman Jared McCain from Duke because he’s a backup PG who is a shot-maker and could develop as a solid Brunson backup. Even though this regime has never drafted a 1-and-done in the first round. But generally speaking they are likely looking at drafting a college player who they know can play a little right away if/when injuries hit.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2024  11:47 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39686340/projected-1st-round-pick-bobi-klintman-plans-enter-nba-draft
This guy rated about 22nd………..
If we draft two, maybe one raw and one “Polished?”
Will be fun to see what Leon wants, Rosas dictates, and Aller “connives” come draft day.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/9/2024  12:18 PM
tristan da silva
Knixkik
USA
3/11/2024  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2024  5:05 PM
martin wrote:

Just looking at where this mock draft lines up, McCain would be excellent. He will be a little raw, but can develop into a true Brunson backup with the shooting/ scoring ability. With the second pick, Da Silva or McCullar represent a couple of lower upside but nba ready prospects who can hopefully contribute when needed. That would be the direction I consider as of right now if we keep both picks. In the second round it’s really just best player available to develop as a 2-way player most likely.

martin
USA
3/12/2024  12:02 PM
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/12/2024  12:04 PM
Da Silva is the kind of Jamie Jacquez ready to play, high IQ player we could draft.
Knixkik
USA
3/12/2024  12:08 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Da Silva is the kind of Jamie Jacquez ready to play, high IQ player we could draft.

Completely agree. I think he and McCullar are sort of like Jacquez types of this draft.

Knixkik
USA
3/18/2024  7:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2024  7:54 AM
A few prospect notes headed into the tournament. I think it’s becoming more obvious the types of players the Knicks will have interest in and where they will be picking.

I was disappointed Devin Carter didn’t make the tournament. He might be the most Knicks-y prospect out there. Then again maybe it’s a good thing and his stock won’t rise too much. He’s a 2-way guard who’s an elite rebounder. He’s a more offensively talented deuce. Thibs would love him.

Kevin McCullar and Terrence Shannon are 2 older wings who could be of interest, but mccculars stock has plateaued due to a shooting drop off and knee injury. Shannon is complicated by rape charges, so for the Knicks culture they have established, I doubt they would go any where near that.

Colorado squeezed into the tournament with 3 nba prospects, 2 of which might fit the bill for the Knicks. Da Silva is a combo forward who can score and could develop into a bench shooter. KJ Simpson is a smaller guard but he’s nba ready and could develop into a Monte morris type back up PG that Knicks could use.

Jared McCain from Duke is the one one-and-done prospect I could see the Knicks going for. He’s a little older and I think has the ability to serve as a backup PG as well as bench scorer. He gives a little bit of Quickley vibes as a player who lacks a true position but could be good enough where it doesn’t matter.

Ryan Dunn hasn’t developed at all offensively but he’s the best defensive prospect in the draft by a mile, he is a local kid, and he’s repped by CAA. As a Virginia player, where they are known for developing nba ready players and good defenders, he can’t be completely ignored even if his stock has slid a bit. He’s a jump shot away from being a herb jones type, but without the jumper, thibs is one of the coaches who could probably use him as a practice defender and spot- minutes guy when he needs a stop. The way he’s used McBride in the first couple of years, I could see Dunn being the wing version of that.

Lastly, my favorite sleeper prospect for the Knicks is Trey Alexander from Creighton. He’s a combo guard with long arms. He has played more on the ball and been a playmaker. He’s struggled a bit with his shooting but proved to be a good shooter off the ball last year. He can defend, rebound, and get into the lane. I honestly can’t understand why he isn’t considered more of a first round prospect. He’s being mocked mostly late first to second round. As a prospect he reminds me of Grimes who had a jump in his stock come tournament time and in workouts. I think Alexander may do the same. He seems like the type of player thibs would try to develop into a backup PG who has the size defensively to play alongside Brunson. He’s a good prospect for what this team needs.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/18/2024  8:42 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.nbadraft.net/players/ulrich-chomche/

I highly doubt we draft a really raw prospect. The Knicks develop well but they are more interested in ready players who can contribute whether in games or practice. If they draft a young prospect it’s going to be one with a defined skillset. Like I could see them interested in freshman Jared McCain from Duke because he’s a backup PG who is a shot-maker and could develop as a solid Brunson backup. Even though this regime has never drafted a 1-and-done in the first round. But generally speaking they are likely looking at drafting a college player who they know can play a little right away if/when injuries hit.

While odds are you're right. If there is a Greek Freak type of potential talent available that's raw. With 2 draft picks in the first and the ability slowly develop without putting much pressure on him. Were in a perfect space to do so.

Not saying that Chomche is the same level prospect as Giannis. But speaking more so in theory.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
USA
3/26/2024  5:11 PM
Da Silva from Colorado has continued to impress me. His shooting will translate to the league, but he seems to have enough defensive smarts and activity to not be just a shooter. He is a well-balanced prospect and will climb up from his late first/ early second round projection. He’s someone we could really use on the roster as a 3/4 combo. He reminds a little of cam Johnson if he hits his ceiling at the nba level. Good player. I’d love to actually use both first round picks. Come out with him and a backup PG prospect (Kolek, McCain, or less likely Carter.)
martin
USA
3/27/2024  9:24 AM
2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy