Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/2/2024  7:55 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DAL pick now tied for 15th, one byproduct to the OG trade is we might actually use some draft picks now.

We need cheap young players, we were at the point where all the young guys were going to be getting paid big.

I don't trust Dallas. They go thru a late season rough patch think they would tank again to keep the pick. If they do would the league actually step in and give the Knicks the pick of it is 10 or better ?

IDK but if DAL is tanking their way out of the playoffs again, Luka could very well just ask out. and yes they would put the league in a tough spot to have to make some tough decisions.

I don't see DAL trying that again, too many possible repercussions. I think that pick ends up around 15th for us this summer.

Not for nothing but the Knicks need more homegrown guys, for the fans!

I'm expecting the Knicks to make a pick, and if they don't, means both were moved for a player and that's a nice prospect too

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/2/2024  8:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  8:51 AM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DAL pick now tied for 15th, one byproduct to the OG trade is we might actually use some draft picks now.

We need cheap young players, we were at the point where all the young guys were going to be getting paid big.

I don't trust Dallas. They go thru a late season rough patch think they would tank again to keep the pick. If they do would the league actually step in and give the Knicks the pick of it is 10 or better ?

IDK but if DAL is tanking their way out of the playoffs again, Luka could very well just ask out. and yes they would put the league in a tough spot to have to make some tough decisions.

I don't see DAL trying that again, too many possible repercussions. I think that pick ends up around 15th for us this summer.

Not for nothing but the Knicks need more homegrown guys, for the fans!

I'm expecting the Knicks to make a pick, and if they don't, means both were moved for a player and that's a nice prospect too

Could see the Knicks drafting a forward and a guard. Or The Bench could be Mitch, Hart, and DEVO with Rokas or Deuce and Toppin as the three and D forward in between Mitch and Hart. Rokas or Deuce and Toppin can be the homegrown players and the front office could trade those picks as well for future protected picks 😂😂. Nice to have options, I will give Rose his flowers 🌹🌹 for that. When he does good I will praise him 👍👍👍 up. Jacob Toppin if he develops would be a great story and a fan favorite with his slashing amd fast break finishing after causing the turnovers with his D. Hope he can surpass Obi and stick around

martin
USA
1/2/2024  9:49 AM
martin
USA
1/3/2024  5:59 PM
OK new plan!

No to Brogdon, DJM, Scary Terry, Clark or anyone else. Keep the picks and move up to draft this guy!

IQ 2.0

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/3/2024  7:55 PM
martin wrote:OK new plan!

No to Brogdon, DJM, Scary Terry, Clark or anyone else. Keep the picks and move up to draft this guy!

IQ 2.0

Def passes the eye test. Crafty

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
1/3/2024  8:00 PM
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2024  10:31 PM

IQ 2.0

Yes but I don’t see us moving up far enough for him.

martin
USA
1/3/2024  11:26 PM
Knixkik wrote:

IQ 2.0

Mavs try to tank but fail this time? Stay positive

martin
USA
1/5/2024  9:25 AM
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/5/2024  9:30 AM
da Silva could be this years Jaime Jacque.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2024  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2024  2:06 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

IQ 2.0

Mavs try to tank but fail this time? Stay positive

Just looked at Tankathon. There's a good chance we pick back to back as things stand now. We're tied in the loss column with the Mavs, but they have one more win.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/6/2024  3:13 PM
I really hope the Knicks use at least two of their remaining picks. Time to get some more youth in the pipeline. It will have been three years since getting someone in the first round and any picks that stick. Also prudent in view of all the paydays that will be happening.
martin
USA
1/6/2024  3:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2024  3:18 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I really hope the Knicks use at least two of their remaining picks. Time to get some more youth in the pipeline. It will have been three years since getting someone in the first round and any picks that stick. Also prudent in view of all the paydays that will be happening.

On one hand, I’d love to see Dejounte Murray off the bench for the Knicks.

On the other, **** that, cause it would cost Grimes and the picks and yes please to drafting and developing your own.

I’d rather the later TBH

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/6/2024  3:36 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I really hope the Knicks use at least two of their remaining picks. Time to get some more youth in the pipeline. It will have been three years since getting someone in the first round and any picks that stick. Also prudent in view of all the paydays that will be happening.

On one hand, I’d love to see Dejounte Murray off the bench for the Knicks.

On the other, **** that, cause it would cost Grimes and the picks and yes please to drafting and developing your own.

I’d rather the later TBH

Yeah I like this. Let’s see what the waiver wire brings or a small move for a roll player. We need to keep our own and keep adding/developing talent. The new CBA is supposed to start levelling the playing field. Brock Aller has been brilliant. I thought we were cap screwed and then we clear the cap issue and add an impact player in one move. This summer some league minimum guys are going to want to come here and we will have better depth.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/8/2024  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2024  9:38 AM
A name to keep an eye on: Ajay Mitchell from Santa Barbara. He’s a 6’5 combo guard who would remind a little of Brunson and not just because he’s a lefty. He relies on separation and change of pace, and has a crafty offensive game. He can really get into the paint. Doesn’t take many threes but a good free throw shooter. I can see the Knicks drafting him in the first round and thibs really liking him. We know he likes his big guards who get into the paint.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/8/2024  10:02 AM
I hope we keep the picks- the front office has proven they can find good players late in the draft.

But, I also realize we kinda have to go all in right now because this may be the best chance to leverage the peak production from Randle & Brunson and all the role players (Devo, Hart, Hart, etc)

What can we get for Fournier and 2 mid first round draft picks?

martin
USA
1/11/2024  9:34 AM
newyorknewyork
1/11/2024  10:34 AM
franco12 wrote:I hope we keep the picks- the front office has proven they can find good players late in the draft.

But, I also realize we kinda have to go all in right now because this may be the best chance to leverage the peak production from Randle & Brunson and all the role players (Devo, Hart, Hart, etc)

What can we get for Fournier and 2 mid first round draft picks?

Being able to hit on the picks will be a more sound way of Rose proving he is one of the top execs out there.

We are all tempted to use Fournier's contract before its not longer a useful asset. Though we have up until the draft to do so which is great.

But we also don't want to put ourselves in a situation where we are locked in with so many larger contracts that we aren't able to make a move after that unless its another block buster. Much like the Isiah Thomas era.

Unless its move that they feel can put them over the top of course. But having a player under a rookie scale contract that can be given a role and grow from that without the pressure of saving the franchise like rookies past. Who 5 years from now as the players start to age will be ready to keep the ship afloat is what winning orgs do.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/11/2024  10:59 AM
Asking for a friend. If a team has the 10th best record but wins the championship, do they get the 20th pick or the 30th pick?
This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/11/2024  12:16 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Asking for a friend. If a team has the 10th best record but wins the championship, do they get the 20th pick or the 30th pick?

Warriors still picked 28th after they won the '22 title.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy