2024 draft thread
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/21/2023  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2023  10:25 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:What sucks is the Knicks could have easily moved into the second round to draft Trayce Jackson Davis who had 10 points, 13 boards and 3 blocks off the bench for golden state the other night. Literally the perfect center for this team (Woodson was his coach too) and he could be a perfectly suitable center off the bench right now for Hartenstein. Knicks need to do a better job of being resourceful. They need to use a pick on an nba ready big man since Robinson seems like only a part time player at this point. PJ Hall from Clemson reminds me of Jackson-Davis from last year. He can score, good rebounder and shot blocker. Will at least be a quality pro.

Knicks came into this season with arguably the best C rotation in the NBA. Mitch/Hart/Sims and you think we failed because we didn't draft a 4th center?

easy to cherry pick 2nd rounders in hindsight. and Jackson hasnt been anything special anyway. but even if he was, there are 28 other teams that needed a C much more and weren't "resourceful". I'd say our drafting later in rounds has been pretty great.

ultimately no team can prepare for losing a defensive anchor or one of their best players period.

I will keep saying where we REALLY messed up was not going after KP.

They have 3 good centers. The problem is they have no one in the pipeline who can fill in. No one from westchester etc. Knicks blow out a team and we see Arcidiacono and Jeffries when we should be seeing some legit prospects. Having 3 good centers is great but it’s a long season and we need other guys developing and in case of emergency. Jackson-Davis is a 4/5. Having that player who can play either position but also develop in westchester is huge. Toppin is there but they clearly don’t view him as an nba player at this point.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/21/2023  11:52 AM
Jackson-Davis a rim protector? We protect the rim, not parameter.
He playing because Draymond on sabbatical?
We have iHart so lets celebrate that. Having one of the best back ups was good planning!!!!
one might say we play better with him.
I call bull**** on hindsight blasting.
Knicks are doing well, despite the lack of length. Far from perfect is our team. Few teams go seamless losing a starter.
Fact is if we falter due to more injuries then we just move up in the draft and lament on what could have been.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/21/2023  5:41 PM
Whoa Dallas!

We can’t have them both out for extended periods of time! Space it out!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
12/21/2023  9:38 PM
Nalod wrote:Jackson-Davis a rim protector? We protect the rim, not parameter.
We have iHart so lets celebrate that. Having one of the best back ups was good planning!!!!
Knicks are doing well, despite the lack of length. Far from perfect is our team. Few teams go seamless losing a starter.
Fact is if we falter due to more injuries then we just move up in the draft and lament on what could have been.

Jackson Davis is a rim protector. The only reason he wasn’t drafted in the first round (which we knew he wouldn’t be) is because he’s an old rookie with zero perimeter game and he’s only about 6’9. But generally speaking he’s an ideal backup big.

Nalod
USA
12/22/2023  9:07 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Jackson Davis is a rim protector. The only reason he wasn’t drafted in the first round (which we knew he wouldn’t be) is because he’s an old rookie with zero perimeter game and he’s only about 6’9. But generally speaking he’s an ideal backup big.

On paper you may be right. Played 17 games thus far and avg. 9min a game. He is 4months older than RJ! LOL!!
RJ. Jackson playing listed at PF. Good 2nd round value pick. Briggs was not totally wrong, he just was clueless to his draft position

martin
USA
12/22/2023  9:36 AM
Knixkik wrote:

All left hand too, if I recall correctly. Can't do anything going right

martin
USA
12/22/2023  9:54 AM
Knicks never tank and rebuild the right way! You need to lose games but just not all of them in a row!

Nalod
USA
12/22/2023  12:47 PM
Former super agent Arn Telem is part of the ownership group? Vice Chairman. He is running it. TroY weaver GM for last 5 years.
Hard to place blame with him if he is being told what to do.
Monty Williams will get his fair share but he h as a massive contract. He not going anywere.
League can’t be happy with their lack of progress and they are a liablity on the road. Nobody wants to see that **** show.
They are doing the right things by building but its just taking too damn long/not executing.
Cade gets some heat but not all deserving.
Stacking up on centers is the weird part but not fatal.
I guess we all know what Scott Perry is waiting on.
The call.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/22/2023  12:54 PM
I would trade alot for Cade, he has superstar potential. Could be allowed to grow alongside Brunson as a bigger version of DM.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/22/2023  1:33 PM
nycericanguy wrote:I would trade alot for Cade, he has superstar potential. Could be allowed to grow alongside Brunson as a bigger version of DM.

I'm high on Cade too. My concern is his shooting has been bad across two seasons (not counting the injury year). Really hard to gauge him since his team is so trash.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
12/22/2023  2:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I would trade alot for Cade, he has superstar potential. Could be allowed to grow alongside Brunson as a bigger version of DM.

I'm high on Cade too. My concern is his shooting has been bad across two seasons (not counting the injury year). Really hard to gauge him since his team is so trash.

Was it a migraine injury or an injury-injury?

BigDaddyG

12/22/2023  2:14 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Was it a migraine injury or an injury-injury?

I suspect it was the "Wemby" draft injury.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
12/27/2023  7:57 PM
BigDaddyG

12/28/2023  10:45 PM
Wow. I had him marked as a prospect to look at in the second round. I understand we need to let the process play out, but it's not looking good.
Knixkik
USA
12/29/2023  7:57 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow. I had him marked as a prospect to look at in the second round. I understand we need to let the process play out, but it's not looking good.

He was gaining a lot of first round momentum. In a weaker draft he’s considered an nba ready 2-way wing.

nycericanguy

12/29/2023  9:46 AM
DAL pick watch #17.

17, 19, 31, 37 picks right now.

nycericanguy

1/2/2024  7:17 AM
DAL pick now tied for 15th, one byproduct to the OG trade is we might actually use some draft picks now.

We need cheap young players, we were at the point where all the young guys were going to be getting paid big.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/2/2024  7:35 AM
nycericanguy wrote:DAL pick now tied for 15th, one byproduct to the OG trade is we might actually use some draft picks now.

We need cheap young players, we were at the point where all the young guys were going to be getting paid big.

I don't trust Dallas. They go thru a late season rough patch think they would tank again to keep the pick. If they do would the league actually step in and give the Knicks the pick of it is 10 or better ?

nycericanguy

1/2/2024  7:39 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DAL pick now tied for 15th, one byproduct to the OG trade is we might actually use some draft picks now.

I don't trust Dallas. They go thru a late season rough patch think they would tank again to keep the pick. If they do would the league actually step in and give the Knicks the pick of it is 10 or better ?

IDK but if DAL is tanking their way out of the playoffs again, Luka could very well just ask out. and yes they would put the league in a tough spot to have to make some tough decisions.

I don't see DAL trying that again, too many possible repercussions. I think that pick ends up around 15th for us this summer.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/2/2024  7:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2024  7:53 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

IDK but if DAL is tanking their way out of the playoffs again, Luka could very well just ask out. and yes they would put the league in a tough spot to have to make some tough decisions.

I don't see DAL trying that again, too many possible repercussions. I think that pick ends up around 15th for us this summer.

When you have Kyrie on your roster who knows what will happen. Hope they have a winning streak soon to ensure that if they slip backwards the pick is assuredly ours. Hopefully they tank, miss the playoffs, in the lottery the pick lands at 11 and is ours. Then Luka demands a trade to us and we use that pick with others to get him. Revenge for how Cuban gloated after getting KP. Ok 👌

2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy