[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2024 draft thread
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/19/2023  12:39 PM
nycericanguy wrote:that DET pick is practically a 3rd 1st rounder for us. right now we'd have #19, #21 and #31. And I think DAL will fall further. We also have another 2nd from CLE I believe?

No way we can draft 4 rookies, if we don't trade for a star we probably have to package the picks to move up or punt them down the line for future use.

Utah's second rounder.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
12/19/2023  12:41 PM
Nalod wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:that DET pick is practically a 3rd 1st rounder for us. right now we'd have #19, #21 and #31. And I think DAL will fall further. We also have another 2nd from CLE I believe?

No way we can draft 4 rookies, if we don't trade for a star we probably have to package the picks to move up or punt them down the line for future use.

without a clear top 10 order as of now, the draft might have some real gems 10-20 so perhaps we reach up and consolidate for the right player. Who? Thats not on the FO to have a high conviction on someone. That, and a team would need to want more picks. This can get convoluted in many ways if it involves a player as well.
Im sure there will be plenty of blog scenarios presented as draft order comes into focus. Knicks won't be alone in this space so it could be a fun draft with lots of movement.
Nobody is really tanking this year without a star to catch. Teams either suck or they are in the large middle class.

Maybe no star but Detroit, Washington, Spurs doing their best tank impressions. 2, 4, 4 wins on season.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/19/2023  12:57 PM
People always talk about packaging picks for a better pick - within the same draft I just don't see that as a thing. With players, future picks sure. But it's the old quantity for quality quandary.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

12/19/2023  2:07 PM
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

wow thats almost like a 4th 1st rounder...lol.

you gotta imagine a package of two of Grimes, IQ or RJ + those 4 picks could get you a star.

and leave us with all our picks going forward.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/19/2023  2:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2023  2:14 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

A couple of the early names to keep a close eye on for the Knicks are in here.

Ryan Dunn is a perfect candidate for the Knicks as a big wing/ forward who is an elite athlete and defender. He’s also from Long Island and is signed to CAA. He can’t shoot but if he could we wouldn’t be talking about him because he would be a top 5 pick.

Kevin McCullar is a fit as another bigger wing and elite defender. He’s like a bigger but less accomplished Josh hart. Can do everything but is an old prospect. Along the lines of how they draft.

For prospects that are not in the top ten I like to ignore scoring completely. Yes, it's the reason why they fell, but other aspects are harder/impossible to develop. Most important criteria is the drive to develop. Meaning incremental improvement over the years. Defense and passing comes second. If those players don't develop an offense they could still be valuable/ starters. If they do develop an offense they are gonna be All -Stars/Championship players that you have drafted( low cost to obtain) Imagine if Mitch/Hartenstein had one go to move in the paint.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/19/2023  2:16 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

you gotta imagine a package of two of Grimes, IQ or RJ + those 4 picks could get you a star.

I don't think so. Most draft analysts are saying this draft is weak. Even moving up might be hard.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
12/19/2023  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2023  2:26 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

Could be. But what type of team would be up for that?

Has to be a team bereft of picks (or depth) and also someone tradeable.

Knicks are indeed in a good position going forward.

nycericanguy

12/19/2023  2:45 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

CLE could def use IQ and RJ or Grimes, and they could definitely replenish some picks.

That's the trade that really makes most sense right now.

martin
USA
12/19/2023  2:54 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

CLE could def use IQ and RJ or Grimes, and they could definitely replenish some picks.

Oh, DM, yes. Not for nothing but I see that happening, somehow. That's why I am also an advocate for OG at SF.

OG's pick of CAA's Sam Rose has his agent - same as Brunson's - is just a bit too coincidental.

nycericanguy

12/19/2023  3:47 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

Oh, DM, yes. Not for nothing but I see that happening, somehow. That's why I am also an advocate for OG at SF.

OG's pick of CAA's Sam Rose has his agent - same as Brunson's - is just a bit too coincidental.

DM and OG would be the ultimate get together. we have the assets to get both IMO.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2023  4:33 PM

so few in season trades and OG I'd guess stays in Toronto, but Siakim moves.
I guess He goes to philly for harris and a pick.

Dm? Clev tried but DM did not extend. If they are giving up on this season they'd be smart to do the "Melo Dance Bid", that is create a bidding war pitting us and Nets.
Nets are built to do a deal that does not include Bridges.
Cleveland too early to determine if they give up this season so I doubt there is any shopping yet. They are depleted and will want a lot back.
but....Grimes needs to really bring it on as he could be a great trade chip.
Not sure we can afford a trio of guards of Brunson-DM-IQ I like DDV at 12mil per.
Gotta pay to play if you make a trade.

martin
USA
12/19/2023  4:43 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

DM and OG would be the ultimate get together. we have the assets to get both IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the Knicks' FO plans.

Brunson, Donovan, OG, Randle, Mitch. iHart, Hart, DDV. [Grimes, McBride, IQ, RJ out???]

martin
USA
12/20/2023  3:34 PM
nycericanguy

12/20/2023  3:37 PM
martin wrote:

I think that DAL pick will get better and better too. They got off to a hot start but Kyrie isn't dependable, THJR is coming back down to earth, and Luka is gonna tire out having to carry the load every night.

Their NET rating is only +1.7 (7th in the west), over the course of a full season that usually tells you how good you are and I don't think that's a #5 seed team at seasons end.

martin
USA
12/20/2023  3:43 PM
One of those picks needs to be for USC's Bronny. And then in summer of 2025 you finally have your backup PF in LeBron himself, at the vet min with a ****ton of Bitcoin on the sly side of things found in an offshore bank in the Caribbeans.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/20/2023  3:43 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

I think that DAL pick will get better and better too. They got off to a hot start but Kyrie isn't dependable, THJR is coming back down to earth, and Luka is gonna tire out having to carry the load every night.

Their NET rating is only +1.7 (7th in the west), over the course of a full season that usually tells you how good you are and I don't think that's a #5 seed team at seasons end.

Just so they fall the perfect amount.

I don't like to say things with complete certainty, but there's no way we're making four picks in the next draft.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/20/2023  10:03 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Utah's second rounder.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the Knicks' FO plans.

Brunson, Donovan, OG, Randle, Mitch. iHart, Hart, DDV. [Grimes, McBride, IQ, RJ out???]

I bet that’s the case. It will be tough to pull off but it makes sense.

CanItGetAnyWorse
Member: #8906

12/21/2023  1:58 AM
Looks like we need a center. The Jalen Duren experience continues.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/21/2023  9:49 AM
What sucks is the Knicks could have easily moved into the second round to draft Trayce Jackson Davis who had 10 points, 13 boards and 3 blocks off the bench for golden state the other night. Literally the perfect center for this team (Woodson was his coach too) and he could be a perfectly suitable center off the bench right now for Hartenstein. Knicks need to do a better job of being resourceful. They need to use a pick on an nba ready big man since Robinson seems like only a part time player at this point. PJ Hall from Clemson reminds me of Jackson-Davis from last year. He can score, good rebounder and shot blocker. Will at least be a quality pro.
nycericanguy

12/21/2023  9:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2023  9:58 AM
Knixkik wrote:What sucks is the Knicks could have easily moved into the second round to draft Trayce Jackson Davis who had 10 points, 13 boards and 3 blocks off the bench for golden state the other night. Literally the perfect center for this team (Woodson was his coach too) and he could be a perfectly suitable center off the bench right now for Hartenstein. Knicks need to do a better job of being resourceful. They need to use a pick on an nba ready big man since Robinson seems like only a part time player at this point. PJ Hall from Clemson reminds me of Jackson-Davis from last year. He can score, good rebounder and shot blocker. Will at least be a quality pro.

Knicks came into this season with arguably the best C rotation in the NBA. Mitch/Hart/Sims and you think we failed because we didn't draft a 4th center?

easy to cherry pick 2nd rounders in hindsight. and Jackson hasnt been anything special anyway. but even if he was, there are 28 other teams that needed a C much more and weren't "resourceful". I'd say our drafting later in rounds has been pretty great.

ultimately no team can prepare for losing a defensive anchor or one of their best players period.

I will keep saying where we REALLY messed up was not going after KP.

2024 draft thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy